Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nerd Of Prey posted:

After thinking about it for a while I decided I wanted that figure and price be damned. I almost spent like $90 on the barbarian babe from Golden Axe before I chickened out, and she’s basically store brand Red Sonja. I even ordered it from BBTS despite them charging $5 more than some other retailers, convenience and cheaper shipping will pretty much make up for that.

I’ve got Tyris Flare, she’s a cool figure too. I even sold the dragon to recoup some of the cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

I’ve got Tyris Flare, she’s a cool figure too. I even sold the dragon to recoup some of the cost.

I don’t doubt she’s cool, but aside from the price tag, I felt like I would want all the characters from Golden Axe if I got one of them, and I know that’s just unreasonable. It’s not an affordable or convenient line to collect. I have a lot of fond memories of Golden Axe and if the figures were like $20-$30 each I would probably be all in.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

epsilon posted:

ML Retro Card Rogue (Sealed) x2

I need one of these depending on price.
I’m pretty sure I’ve bought them and retuned them twice.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/threezerohk/status/1617689181018357760?s=46&t=OLD9-LXBUheki3nCAyLVkg

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ooooohh

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Snacksmaniac posted:

I need one of these depending on price.
I’m pretty sure I’ve bought them and retuned them twice.

Bout to PM you

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Aww fml

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1617604815043059712?s=46&t=XJ44qB-RavTlxFsejMmnOA

Moe looks awesome. I got him and the Itchy and Scratchy robots who also look good. Moe was advertised with his apron though and apparently it doesn't come with it. Kind of a massive gently caress up from S7 considering it's like a core part of his character design.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I only want a figure that has a Denji head as well. That’s a big sale for me

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Luke's saber is surprisingly in-stock at BBTS. It was originally listed to release in May.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/223202

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Is the 2-pack the only way to get Casey Jones?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

There's a standalone ultimate Casey Jones where his mask comes off but honestly it sorta shadow released and it's super hard to find

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

10 Beers posted:

I bought the “Ultimate Casey Jones” off eBay. I think I paid 60 for it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

10 Beers posted:

It looks like there’s a separate single release too though I didn’t know about it or if it’s still easily findable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3944048439...KhoCQl0QAvD_BwE

Failing that, you can fairly easily find the Casey/April 2-pack in Wal-Marts though the one that comes with Raph is superior despite not coming with a maskless head (took a bit to get the actor to agree to release his likeness).

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Just got my Mezco Constantine the other day and it is much better than I expected from the reviews. The Mezco big head syndrome look much less pronounced in hand.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
that is super cool

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Now I just have to wait for my Python Officers to arrive.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Lencho posted:

Just got my Mezco Constantine the other day and it is much better than I expected from the reviews. The Mezco big head syndrome look much less pronounced in hand.

That is awesome. I love they included a "poo poo kicked out of him" head sculpt as well. Fits the character to a t.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I have zero patience and while I was looking for a robot toy I saw the Python Officers on the shelf. So now I have them in hand and in the mail. I plan to return the mail ones when they arrive. Why am I like this?

Edit: shipping was free so no wasted money. I’m mentally Ill, not dumb

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 25, 2023

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I think I saw some of those Python Officers at a Target the other day.

I'm really hoping that their embracing of weird old repaints means they will do the Alley Viper in the yellow/black deco with the fanged mask. It was one of my first GI Joes back in the day and I loved that guy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I really want the crimsons. Thankfully haven’t seen them bc I’m broker they broke right now lol

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I'm really hoping that their embracing of weird old repaints means they will do the Alley Viper in the yellow/black deco with the fanged mask. It was one of my first GI Joes back in the day and I loved that guy.

While the orange and blue is rad, I 100% agree. This was probably a top 10 joe for me as a kid.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

They’ve gotta get money out of the molds, so I’d expect this at some point. Probably a target subline like cobra island or Python patrol

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/toybroreviews/status/1618254900227616768?s=46&t=n3vTTgTN4tlCDDEeQ0Yl2g

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Uncomfortable mirror figure, now available!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

This may be the most meta toy to exist and be marketed to other adult collectors.

I’m almost tempted.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
WAR! What is it good for?

”Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said ‘JET FUEL CAN’T MELT STEEL BEAMS’”

”Venger ain’t poo poo.”

It’s weird. I was never much into fantasy stuff as a kid, and never played D&D (still haven’t in fact) and really only knew it for the cartoon. But Warduke was just so drat metal even I was powerless to resist, and ended up picking up a bunch of the LJN figures during the short lifespan of the line (Grimsword included, who also arrived today but not opened him yet). This Neca effort is simply a wonderful modern reimagining, already thinking 2023 is gonna have to be special to top this guy. He’s not perfect, his articulation could be better but eh, he’s got more than enough METAL AF factor where it really matters.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Cancelled my Super 7 Simpsons pre-order. The figure quality and lack of promised accessories (Moe's apron) is a deal breaker.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

WAR! What is it good for?

”Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said ‘JET FUEL CAN’T MELT STEEL BEAMS’”

”Venger ain’t poo poo.”

It’s weird. I was never much into fantasy stuff as a kid, and never played D&D (still haven’t in fact) and really only knew it for the cartoon. But Warduke was just so drat metal even I was powerless to resist, and ended up picking up a bunch of the LJN figures during the short lifespan of the line (Grimsword included, who also arrived today but not opened him yet). This Neca effort is simply a wonderful modern reimagining, already thinking 2023 is gonna have to be special to top this guy. He’s not perfect, his articulation could be better but eh, he’s got more than enough METAL AF factor where it really matters.

That guy's so fuckin cool. I also had the original one and loved it. I hope BBTS gets him in soon, don't feel like hunting around for another source.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Cloks posted:

Cancelled my Super 7 Simpsons pre-order. The figure quality and lack of promised accessories (Moe's apron) is a deal breaker.

Anecdotal, but I'm not really a Simpsons fan, while my wife LOVES the Simpsons. I wasn't sure if the apron was actually a big deal, so I randomly asked her "When you picture Moe in your head what is he wearing?", and she immediately said apron and a bowtie. I told her about the figure missing the apron and she said it was unacceptable. So the missing apron is indeed unacceptable!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s especially weird since the original renders and concepts all included an apron.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Please, Super7, just don't gently caress up Kang and Kodos.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Joe Fisto posted:

Now I just have to wait for my Python Officers to arrive.

Should've made your comment a word balloon

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Davros1 posted:

Should've made your comment a word balloon

poo poo. I’ve failed.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nerd Of Prey posted:

They did the python patrol Crimson Guard, they'll do this one. Only a matter of when. The answer is almost certainly very soon.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Python Patrol are looking pretty slick

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

The Python Patrol are looking pretty slick

Those colors are so hideous by themselves but all together they look great.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Anecdotal, but I'm not really a Simpsons fan, while my wife LOVES the Simpsons. I wasn't sure if the apron was actually a big deal, so I randomly asked her "When you picture Moe in your head what is he wearing?", and she immediately said apron and a bowtie. I told her about the figure missing the apron and she said it was unacceptable. So the missing apron is indeed unacceptable!

I mean, it's what he wears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y19QSyyOnXw

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I got some of the new MCU TV wave, and it’s hilarious that Howard the Duck is packaged as an accessory in his own box.

Also the transparent plastic on Khonshu’s neck-ball stressed white when trying to put his head on. :ohdear: I ran some hot steam over it and looks better now but still, yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Moe without the apron is his "going out" outfit on the show but it still can't have appeared more than a handful of times over the years.