Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

PSA: that Marvel Select Hawkguy figure is definitely available out in the wild now. i love the utter lack of fanfare it came out with. :allears: Looks really good in person. The scale is going to look hilarious with my Legends figures, but whatever. There is supposed to be a new Select Black Widow at some point, right? I just want her and Hawkguy to hang out on my shelf and I wasn't a big fan of the older one I saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

A Tin Of Beans posted:

PSA: that Marvel Select Hawkguy figure is definitely available out in the wild now. i love the utter lack of fanfare it came out with. :allears: Looks really good in person. The scale is going to look hilarious with my Legends figures, but whatever. There is supposed to be a new Select Black Widow at some point, right? I just want her and Hawkguy to hang out on my shelf and I wasn't a big fan of the older one I saw.

I don't suppose you could take a picture of it with some Legends? It's a perfect Aja-style Hawkeye, after how much I complained about the Legends version trying but getting it so wrong, but I hate how it's going to tower over them.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

A Tin Of Beans posted:

There is supposed to be a new Select Black Widow at some point, right?

In May there's a Select movie Black Widow coming out.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I don't suppose you could take a picture of it with some Legends? It's a perfect Aja-style Hawkeye, after how much I complained about the Legends version trying but getting it so wrong, but I hate how it's going to tower over them.

You got it!

But first, a few photos right out of the packaging.

And with another Selects figure, where i'm planning on keeping 'im, because yolo:

And here you go, with a couple Legends for scale as requested:

The scale's definitely kind of goofy. I'd recommend finding a way to display him a little bit removed from any Legends figures, or sit him down or something if possible. If that's not clear enough and you need other pictures for scale, let me know. :shrug:

ultraviolence123 posted:

In May there's a Select movie Black Widow coming out.

Awesome! :woop: I'll own up that part of me was hoping for a Noto/Edmonson run Natasha, but ScarJo works too.

A Tin Of Beans fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 23, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Widow figure has some serious forehead, but looks pretty good otherwise.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Found the new World of Nintendo line today at Fred Meyer of all places, 3x Samus, 3x Blue Toad, 1x Luigi and 2x Diddy, grabbed a Samus. Do we know when the Metroid itself comes out?

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

The Widow figure has some serious forehead, but looks pretty good otherwise.

Oh, good lord, I just went lookin and ... yeah. :psyduck: I'm already thinking about finding a way to make her a little headband or something, because drat. I'll still be getting her though.

(For anyone else who hadn't seen: http://i.imgur.com/Tu4rUET.jpg )

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Rage posted:

Found the new World of Nintendo line today at Fred Meyer of all places, 3x Samus, 3x Blue Toad, 1x Luigi and 2x Diddy, grabbed a Samus. Do we know when the Metroid itself comes out?

I saw it at a Toys R Us on Friday in Montreal.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

A Tin Of Beans posted:

You got it!

But first, a few photos right out of the packaging.

And with another Selects figure, where i'm planning on keeping 'im, because yolo:

And here you go, with a couple Legends for scale as requested:

The scale's definitely kind of goofy. I'd recommend finding a way to display him a little bit removed from any Legends figures, or sit him down or something if possible. If that's not clear enough and you need other pictures for scale, let me know. :shrug:

Awesome! :woop: I'll own up that part of me was hoping for a Noto/Edmonson run Natasha, but ScarJo works too.

Thank you very much! It's going to annoy the hell out of me, but I'll have a hard time turning down the figure if I ever find one. Maybe I can pose him crouching or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like I'll be hitting every Disney Store in Chicago when I go to C2E2 next month.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Oh, good lord, I just went lookin and ... yeah. :psyduck: I'm already thinking about finding a way to make her a little headband or something, because drat. I'll still be getting her though.

(For anyone else who hadn't seen: http://i.imgur.com/Tu4rUET.jpg )

Yikes.

The upcoming Marvel Legends version looks good. I'd post a pic but I'm posting from my iPod.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're releasing another Marvel Legends one?

Movie look, I assume?

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Pizza Dog looks like he has both eyes...

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

They're releasing another Marvel Legends one?

Movie look, I assume?

Marvel Select

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

Marvel Select
There's a new Legends version coming, too. It's part of an Amazon-exclusive 4-pack with Hawkeye, Thor, and Bruce Banner, if I remember right.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Looks like I'll be hitting every Disney Store in Chicago when I go to C2E2 next month.

The one in Block 37 downtown still has two as of last night. I could grab one for you if you want, but they'll probably still have some.

... I'm actually really enjoying imagining a kid buying that figure cuz they like Hawkeye in the movies and cartoons, and coming up with their own little kid backstory for the seemingly random dog. He hasn't had a dog in any other media yet, has he?

Also, don't think I saw it mentioned but there's going to be a Black Widow Pop! figure coming out soon, after she was conspicuously left out of the initial announced lineup. I'm glad she's getting more merch but I always feel more obligated than actually interested in Pop! figures. Yet I buy them anyway. (She's also missing from that goofy Cosbaby line from Hot Toys.)

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Black Widow will be in the cosbaby series just not the first one. Here's a pic of the upcoming lineup.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

RevKrule posted:

Black Widow will be in the cosbaby series just not the first one. Here's a pic of the upcoming lineup.

Oh, sweet. My bad then! Those things are too cute though. :swoon: Do we know the price point yet?

Edit: OK, I'm on a computer again and they're $15.99 a go. Not too bad!

A Tin Of Beans fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 23, 2015

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Oh, sweet. My bad then! Those things are too cute though. :swoon: Do we know the price point yet?

$47,000 each

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

A Tin Of Beans posted:

$16 and the first wave is up for preorder at Sideshow

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A Tin Of Beans posted:

The one in Block 37 downtown still has two as of last night. I could grab one for you if you want, but they'll probably still have some.

That would be awesome dude.

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice

A Tin Of Beans posted:

If there are two left would you mind getting the second one for me? Please? I can PayPal you the money right away.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Rhyno posted:

That would be awesome dude.

RusteJuxx posted:

If there are two left would you mind getting the second one for me? Please? I can PayPal you the money right away.

Can do! You don't have to pay until I've actually got them in hand, though. I don't want one/both to have sold before I get there or something. I'll PM you both tonight, gonna head down there this evening after work. Figure retails for $24.95 US, + tax.

(Also I have no idea what shipping will be like.)

Joe Fisto posted:

$16 and the first wave is up for preorder at Sideshow

I've never actually bought anything from Hot Toys or through Sideshow. Are preorders usually this ridiculously far in advance? They're not expected to ship until September/November, from what it looks like. :psyduck:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I've never actually bought anything from Hot Toys or through Sideshow. Are preorders usually this ridiculously far in advance? They're not expected to ship until September/November, from what it looks like. :psyduck:

Yeah, they put them up pretty early. For the more expensive items it gives the "flex pay" option to pay a smaller amount monthly. That's how I'm doing Hulkbuster, which doesn't come out for a year.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're all movie licenses, so they put preorders out around the movie release to raise the hype.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I've got to find a birthday gift for a wolverine fan, I'm pretty sure he's got enough X-Men comics ... What's "unique" (heh sorry) and under $100 bucks?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I waited 14 months for a figure Sideshow made.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I still feel like that lead time is absurd haha. Releasing merch closer to the release of the film seems more logical to me, but hey, if the wicked long preorder strat works for them then who am I to judge?

This is just for the two of yall who wanted him, but there was only one Hawkguy left at the actually convenient Disney store. :ohdear: I can try the other location this weekend or call it bust. Also the packaging is a little busted on this one so if you wanted to keep him in package that's probably not the best. the cardboard side piece came unstuck from the plastic portion of his box. Rhyno, let me know if you'd rather try for pristine packaging or something. (I sent PMs a little bit ago that are now slightly outdated)

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
Nah, it's cool. I appreciate that you would have picked it up if it had been there. Thank you. Figured if you were going already it would not be too much of an inconvenience. I'll keep my eye on the thread and web stores. Of course, if Rhyno passes... yes, please.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I replied to your PM!

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I still feel like that lead time is absurd haha. Releasing merch closer to the release of the film seems more logical to me, but hey, if the wicked long preorder strat works for them then who am I to judge?

This is just for the two of yall who wanted him, but there was only one Hawkguy left at the actually convenient Disney store. :ohdear: I can try the other location this weekend or call it bust. Also the packaging is a little busted on this one so if you wanted to keep him in package that's probably not the best. the cardboard side piece came unstuck from the plastic portion of his box. Rhyno, let me know if you'd rather try for pristine packaging or something. (I sent PMs a little bit ago that are now slightly outdated)

Ohhh, so that's why there were none left when I got there.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Dr. Platypus posted:

Ohhh, so that's why there were none left when I got there.

I am a war criminal and bought two in two days. :rip: Did you try the one up on ... Michigan I think? Unless this is a joke.

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
This was posted over in the General Marvel thread:

Yay!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Eh. The Hawkeye accessory is nice, but I'm gonna wait for the Figuarts Pizza Dog.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I am a war criminal and bought two in two days. :rip: Did you try the one up on ... Michigan I think? Unless this is a joke.

Nah, I'm serious. I think the one on Michigan is closer to where I work anyway. I'll report back if they have more than one.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Guys, I'm about to post a spoiler image for Iron man Mark 45, debuting in Age of Ultron, but, it was visible for a split second in one of the commercial trailers, so if you DO NOT want to see this, do NOT look.

Captain America and Hulk will both be released through mass retail for ¥6,264 and ¥9,720 respectively. Following up in August 2015 will be a mass retail release of Iron Man Mark 45, the newest Iron Man suit developed by Tony Stark, for ¥6,264. Finally, Thor will see a release in September 2015 at mass retail for ¥6,264. Also shown on this page is an upcoming retail release of Luke Skywalker from Episode VI, due out in August 2015 for ¥5,940.

Mobile users, don't read any further!!

Long story short: We've got dates and prices and better pictures of the SH figuarts Avengers, including BOTH armors (43 and 45,)

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Okay so, is it just me or does that head sculpt on Luke look like Tobey McGuire?

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I had a moment where I was very confused about the Luke skywalker lookalike in Age of Ultron before I realized what was going on.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Disney owns them both and it IS a crossover flick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

WeX Majors posted:

Okay so, is it just me or does that head sculpt on Luke look like Tobey McGuire?

That's definitely Tobey McGuire.