Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CelticPredator posted:

Nnnnnnnnnooooooooooo

I’ll wait for another one lmao or snag the head off eBay for 100

Chrome plated armor CP ;;;;;;;;;;;;;)

$330 USD or $59USD/mo payment plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I don’t need two mandos lmao

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Davros1 posted:

Follow-ups include Robert Culp and Jack Cassidy

Coming Spring 2022: Columbo Island (Target Exclusive)

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Glad I waited. Preordered the standard version this morning. I don't need the extra Boba stuff, even for just $45 more. Never bought a Hot Toys before, but I'm bouncing off the walls over this.

The standard literally comes with everything I could want. Chrome painting, magnetic jetpack, mudhorn signet, removable helmet, Grogu + satchel bag for him, wired cape, torch light for helmet. Darksaber, Beskar spear, rifle, pistol, grappling cable, knife, missiles, flamethrower, thermal detonators...just crazy packed with stuff.

I called my wife over before I made the plunge, since this is a big expense even with the payment plan. She heard the price and said "Oh! That's it? I expected $500 or $1k! When does the new Luke Skywalker come out? I'll get that for you for Christmas." :h:

I later told her about the upcoming Lego Slave 1/Gideon's Cruiser since I wanted the Mando minifig and she was excited to build them together. :h::h:

Minifig > TVC 3.75" Mando > 1:12 Mando > Hot Toys = Mando nesting dolls

Get you a partner who enables your idiocy. I highly recommend it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is it wired? The other 2 versions aren’t.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Aphrodite posted:

Is it wired? The other 2 versions aren’t.

Yep!

subscript calculator

Costume:
– One (1) dark grey colored cape (equipped with bendable wire)
– One (1) silver colored chest armor
– One (1) dark grey colored undershirt with silver shoulder armors and Mudhorn signet
– One (1) dark grey colored vest
– One (1) dark grey colored undervest
– One (1) dark grey colored abdominal pad
– One (1) brown colored utility belt with pistol holster and ammo clips
– One (1) left silver colored gauntlet with interchangeable firing modes (normal and missile firing)
– One (1) right silver colored gauntlet
– One (1) pair of dark grey colored pants with thigh guards
– One (1) pair of brown colored calf armors
– One (1) pair of dark brown colored boots with weathering effect

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nice upgrade there then. The only other costume issue the originals have is the holster.

It flares out because of the material and can look silly.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 25, 2021

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wired capes should be mandatory.

Having said that the R1 Vader cape is a thing of beauty - no wire, just super soft and elegant.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Coming Spring 2022: Columbo Island (Target Exclusive)

HA!

Columbo's car (it's French, you know) is a HasLab Kickstarter.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I got one of GATOS Y VATOS's Lulus and its a lovely piece of gooncraft

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The_Doctor posted:

They’re back! :toot: Neca are re-releasing the Golden Girls!

https://twitter.com/neca_toys/status/1408133231426392066

One of my good friends ADORES Golden Girls, we went shooting a couple weeks back and he kept saying "that's SUCH a Sophia thing" after stuff so of course I had to pre-order all four for him.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Shiroc posted:

I got one of GATOS Y VATOS's Lulus and its a lovely piece of gooncraft

Woooo! Thank you!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

New Inoske figure coming (link in the twitter is NWS)

https://twitter.com/figsoku/status/1408787462902542346?s=20

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

New Inoske figure coming (link in the twitter is NWS)

https://twitter.com/figsoku/status/1408787462902542346?s=20

I'm about 4 or 5 episodes from the end and loving it! Have they done any other figures from this show?

Edit: Found them on BBTS https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=BUZZmod $164 and half of them are sold out :negative:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 26, 2021

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

So I finally got a response from Hasbro customer support for the Joe's that were damaged by the worst packaging I've seen. They are replacing the entire order for free and seem to have closed the ticket without asking me to mail anything back to them.

I'm totally shocked and can't wait to see if they package this one any better than a single air bubble sheet in a box that could have fit twice as much as it shipped with.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I found the new Masterverse Skelegod and Battlecat. Two pretty nice figures; I didn't expect Battlecat to be so large! This is a weird way to roll out a new toyline, starting with two large, secondary characters and have them be temporary store exclusives. Does anyone know when the mainline is due to go up on Walmart (more stupid temporary exclusives)?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BATTLECAT IS NOT A SECONDARY CHARACTER

Wave 1 hits WM next week.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Rhyno posted:

BATTLECAT IS NOT A SECONDARY CHARACTER

Wave 1 hits WM next week.

Cringer - primary character

Battlecat - secondary.

I said it.

(thanks!)

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Before I got any MOTU Origins figures in hand, I was fully intending to skip that entire line and wait for the more collector-aimed Masterverse. Now that I've picked up a decent number of Origins figures, that line has grown on me a lot, and I'm a little hesitant to delve into Masterverse. Of course I probably will end up obsessively collecting them all, but I'm not that stoked on the designs I've seen so far. Maybe I'll end up getting really into the corresponding Netflix show and then suddenly take an interest in Skelegod or the redesigned characters. I'm hoping the line does well enough that they can move past the Netflix designs and do nice modern figures of the more traditional designs or, better yet, the 200x designs.

I'm considering just buying the first offerings if I happen to see them, and stashing them in a closet without opening them, so I can decide later whether I actually want them or whether I should flip them on eBay.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Before I got any MOTU Origins figures in hand, I was fully intending to skip that entire line and wait for the more collector-aimed Masterverse. Now that I've picked up a decent number of Origins figures, that line has grown on me a lot, and I'm a little hesitant to delve into Masterverse. Of course I probably will end up obsessively collecting them all, but I'm not that stoked on the designs I've seen so far. Maybe I'll end up getting really into the corresponding Netflix show and then suddenly take an interest in Skelegod or the redesigned characters. I'm hoping the line does well enough that they can move past the Netflix designs and do nice modern figures of the more traditional designs or, better yet, the 200x designs.

I'm considering just buying the first offerings if I happen to see them, and stashing them in a closet without opening them, so I can decide later whether I actually want them or whether I should flip them on eBay.

At the very least I think Battlecat is worth getting. Its well sculpted and has great articulation. Even with some of the smaller figure lines I don't think it would be too out of scale, who knows how big a space sabretooth tiger is supposed to be anyway.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Its also the only action figure of Cringer

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

Its also the only action figure of Cringer

He had an Origins figure.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

At the very least I think Battlecat is worth getting. Its well sculpted and has great articulation. Even with some of the smaller figure lines I don't think it would be too out of scale, who knows how big a space sabretooth tiger is supposed to be anyway.

I do love Battle Cat. Besides She-Ra, Battle Cat is the character I have the most versions of... He was the only Classics figure I bought during the original run, because I didn't care much for the 200x Battle Cat. I managed to get him during a big Matty Collector sale for like $30, which seems insane now. And after living most of my life with a helmet-less vintage Battle Cat, Rhyno was cool enough to trade a complete (and really pristine) vintage one for some Meteorbs last year, when he had an extra. (Thanks, again, dude, he is proudly displayed with my original He-Man!)

In light of all this, I feel like I should get the huge new Battle Cat because it would probably bug me forever if my collection was missing one. The Cringer face sculpt is a nice touch, too.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I have zero interest in MOTU but want a Battlecat and Skeletor because the designs rule.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I've said it before, the designs are the best thing about MOTU. They prioritized sheer badassedness over any kind of logic or continuity, and it's why those toys were - and continue to be - so rad.

I hit up my local Target today and they didn't have any Masterverse toys but it did look like there was shelf space for some. I dragged my feet in going to check, I'm sure they sold out. They did have a bunch of half-price Sky Sleds and I was tempted to buy one or two more.

I just watched the latest Pixel Dan interview with Brian Flynn from Super 7, and here's my basic summary:

They talked a lot about the controversial dull paint colors on the upcoming Silverhawks. Brian explained (again) that vac metal won't work on the type of plastic they use, and went into some interesting technical detail about that. He admitted that Silverhawks are a thing where people remember them more for the shiny chrome toys than the actual cartoon, but explained his goal with these figures is to make them cartoon-accurate, which the 80's toys were decidedly not, and also consistent in style with the ongoing Thundercats line, since they are supposed to be in a shared universe. He said they're still testing out a bunch of paint samples but his goal is to use an automotive-type paint with a color shift effect so they will be a different kind of shiny.

Also he said Mon*Star will be 11" tall and completely dwarf every figure in the line, because the character is supposed to be that big. He said they tried doing him in a slightly smaller scale to lower the cost, but it never looked right. He decided, in the spirit of "Ultimates," they have to make him to scale or why bother?

Edit: Size comparison shot:

Brian also said waves 3, 2, and 4 (in that order) of Thundercats should ship before the end of the year, and again went into some details about the various problems they have run into in getting those made and transported.

No crazy teases about upcoming toys, but he said they have been exceeding their sales goals with most toys lately, and they plan to continue these lines for years to come. As usual they're holding off on specific announcements for future waves until more of their backlogged stuff actually ships.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 27, 2021

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm waiting with baited breath for the MMPR stuff on Tuesday.

Goldar looks fantastic, extremely suit accurate. I'm really hoping the T-Rex embraces the suit VS the model as well but what we've seen looks good.

The only thing I fear now is the Rangers. This is going into such a different direction than anything Super7 has done before, I'm very curious to see how they translate them. One of the biggest reasons I could not get into the LC Hasbro line was how the Rangers looked- all the men and women shared the exact same body type, which is a huge problem when different Rangers have very different looks. The Green Ranger had no neck due to having a stocky body, when the actual actor in the suit (both JDF and the Japanese stunt men) were relatively slender. There were other reasons, but it mostly comes down to aesthetics for me. I want what I pay for to look good on my shelf but still have a bit of play.

Super7 is the best shot at that. I'm going to be very let down if they go with the super muscle look. I don't think they will but worries and all that. Worst comes to worst, I get the monsters and pair them up with the Godzilla line next year.

That's the other big one. Godzilla is going to be very interesting to see how they do it- notably the tails. There's a lot more articulation there than I think I've seen in anything else they've done, unless they do something else.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Burkion posted:

I want what I pay for to look good on my shelf but still have a bit of play.

Super7 is the best shot at that.

Forgot to mention it, but a big chunk of that interview was about display value vs. play value in regards to articulation. Brian said people always ask why they don't do double-jointed elbows and knees, and he said to him the aesthetic sacrifice of double-joints is too much to justify a few extra degrees of range of motion. His priority is to make stuff that displays well, because that's 90% of what his customers are gonna do, and then to include as much articulation as possible without having unnecessary cuts in the silhouette. He went into lots of technical detail in that part.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I have zero interest in MOTU but want a Battlecat and Skeletor because the designs rule.

Same, local target had a skelegod listed online so I ordered it up for in store pickup. Hopefully the battlecat gets a restock.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
FYI my Target had the Skelegods on a random endcap by the Legos, nowhere near the MOTU stuff (or action figures in general).

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Why didn’t they put Batman with the Snyder cut JL figures? It’s so weird.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Not into MOTU, but I picked up a Skelegod cause it looked so awesome. The only complaint I have is his tiny rear end head, it looks extremely silly on that beefy body.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Every 3 months there's a local toy and comic show. Usually it's all crap but I had a solid pickup today!

MISB (the rubber bands are 20 years old and have failed) but it's getting ripped open anyways!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I'm about 4 or 5 episodes from the end and loving it! Have they done any other figures from this show?

Edit: Found them on BBTS https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=BUZZmod $164 and half of them are sold out :negative:

Using a service like Zenmarket.jp will allow you to purchase these items and have them sent to you from Japan. Depending on the item's shipping etc it can be either slightly cheaper or slightly more expensive than using something like BBTS or similar. I find it useful for items that are limited or from smaller companies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hot Toys posted their coming soon teasers of some Loki figures.

No Owen Wilson teased though. Cowards.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Loki in the variant jacket is tops. It might be my first Marvel Hot Toys cause it's so different than the rest.

I am sure some bootleggers will make a Owen Wilson figure if he has a bigger impact in the final half of the season. Just gotta make sure they get his crooked nose right.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I want a variant jacket.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thrift store and some heat transfer vinyl. Find a friend with a Cricut.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aphrodite posted:

Thrift store and some heat transfer vinyl. Find a friend with a Cricut.

My housemate has a cricut :thunk:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

My housemate has a cricut :thunk:

He spend any time in the belly of a whale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gridknight from Dynazenon version shown. I still prefer the more vibrant colors from Gridman, but this is a nice chance to get a Gridknight if you missed it a couple years ago. Link in the tweet is NWS

https://twitter.com/figsoku/status/1409462465386061826?s=20