Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

loving sweeeet! And it's Galactus size! :dance:

Bah, they should do the Marvel vs Capcom version, with limited edition Mango Sentinels for added awesomeness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Oh hey, it's another Hot Toys Batman.

I particularly love Grumpy Batman on the end there.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Mad Sheps are the Best Sheps.

Still don't get why the second set was cancelled before the first even made it to stores but hey, I'm just bitter because I liked the look of that Legion.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vintersorg posted:

Better shot of Batman, apparently March 2012, get your pennies saved now!

I haven't bought any tat in ages, think maybe MP Grimlock was the last thing I got. I've seen all these glorious Hot Toys things come and go, despite being very tempted on many occasions.

THAT, however, I'll stump up for because, even though the film isn't all that, I love the hell out of Keaton's Batman and that representation looks glorious.

The only problem is I just know they'll do a Returns suit one next year, won't they? drat.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vintersorg posted:

Was there much of a difference between them? I think the chest changed a bit.

These are a great investment tho, you won't regret it. They are using the DX series of heads, where the eyes move based on how you tilt the head. Adds so much more realism. Also know Hot Toys never re-issues these, so once they are gone, that is pretty much it.

Rarely will they do it, I personally have only seen the Predator stuff and that might be a rare time as it was based on another license (Predator 1 vs Predators).

I got really excited seeing that some of the bits clip to the belt. :D

Christ, looking at the accessories, it even has the funky little pop-out palm thing he nailed that flying kung fu goon in the balls with.

Regarding the Returns suit, it's less densely black (more of a midnight blue), has the classic oval design, the cape hangs differently and the torso part isn't sculpted, just straight up 'armour plating'* in the mid-section.

* Well, for armour plating, see funky rubber ridges.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
That is utterly fantastic. I swore off buying 'tat' a few years back but by god, if anything could make my resolve crumble, that could. They even threw in his Batmobile shields remote and that silly extending palm/crotch-punch thing?

Wow.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Are they seriously doing The Bat in the same scale as well? That thing isn't just going to cost a fortune, it'd be bloody huge..!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
That DKR Batman is hilariously buff, and smug looking. Bane looks pretty cool though.

Also saw there was Mass Effect stuff, thought to myself "yeah but as long as there's only BlokeShep, I don't care so my wallet is saf- oh"

Welp, I guess they've got my number. And money.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
You just know it'll even have the little flap/extending tray to stick the Nuke in.

Hot Toys :allears:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I'm more confident of seeing the actual Ark of the Covenant in person than I am the U.S.S. Flagg.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Don't forget Father Ted's nigh-encyclopedic knowledge of Tek Wars which nearly brings him to game show glory.

You've got to be making GBS threads me.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

The Rage posted:

Yeah that face is horrible. Maul and Luke are nowhere near that bad.

I am genuinely amazed that they put it into production thinking that expression was a good idea.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Don't worry, there are 70s Battlestar Galactica figures from that era and they are glorious.

I had a Centurion, their weirdo pink bighead boss dude, and the dog. I chewed the poo poo out of that dog for some reason, loved that little guy.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Wow, I generally couldn't give a flying gently caress about all things Godzilla but that Mecha Godzilla looks wonderful and cool as hell.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Oh cool, it's 'Heavily Armoured Special Cop!

Comes with:

Figure:
- Detailed likeness headsculpture
- Body
Costume:
- Leather combat jacket
- Leather combat pants
- Combat boots
- Combat gloves
- Bulletproof vest w/Name plate
- Tactical shoulder pads
- Tactical knee pads
- Helmet w/eyeglass
- Gas mask
Weapon:
- Smoke grenade
- Stick grenade w/Holder
- Machine pistol w/Holster
- Clips w/Holder
- Tactical folding knife
Gear:
- First aid kit
- Gas mask bag

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Havoc904 posted:

http://art-figures.com/en/

Thats the website for the company that is making the Judge Dredd figure. There are some pretty great figures in here with some great broken english names. I am really tempted to order the two pack based off The Rock so I can have Nicholas Cage and Sean Connery hot toys.

Hahahaha, the Steven Segal one perfectly captures his current day state of, ah, 'grace'.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Holy poo poo, I didn't realise cloning and miniaturization tech was a thing yet but clearly it is...

Best likeness yet?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Does it having a fluxing flux capacitor?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

gregday posted:

It's been color matched and professionally painted to match the buckle. Looks kind of cartoony in person but that's kind of why I love it. It's pretty rigid on its own but has no problem opening up and flexing.

Hmmm, you're not kidding about the cartoony look. The belt colour looked somewhat more muted in the film, no? Like more of a darker mustard/gold than that bright Ferarri yellow you've got there.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
"You cannot kill what doessssssss not live...."

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

CelticPredator posted:

Snake Plissken arrived. I like him. Not a perfect figure, likeness looks good in some angles and not so much in others....but it's nice and I love his accessories. I'll get pics of those later.

Here's some moody shots.

You should turn it into a Captain Ron figure.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Please tell me they didn't just make a bunch of BTiLC figures and *not* include Wang Chi among the first batch. Like jeez, talk about missing the point.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Cripes, Legion's something of an unusual choice, given it's a good few years since peak ME popularity, plus the fact its one of the more minor non-human characters from it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, Kate owns. Speaking of, does she have a recent figure? I'd totes spring for her purple mod/scooter helmet and (Korean War) Hawkeye outfits.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I never knew I wanted a Tobey Maguire Luke until now.

The HT Hawkeye looks like some weird, constipated Renner-Bradley Cooper mashup, tres disappointing.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Oh hey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FV5KHSdGe4

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Cripes, that TIE Fighter...

:psyduck:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I'm pretty sure they were blue in ANH as well; even the earliest prototype from pre-production was blue.

There's a lot of pictures of TIE models out there, but it's hard to tell for sure what was used on film and in which movie. After some googling I found this picture of Dennis Muren messing with Vader and his wingmen's fighters which is definitely from Episode IV. It's kind of a washed-out photo, but at the very least you can tell they're not charcoal gray.

I'm not sure why I'm debating the point, as I certainly have no plans to buy a model TIE Fighter the size of a large dog.

The models had a bluish tint to them on set but in the first film under final lighting, they look straight up grey in the actual battle scenes, which is presumably what HT are trying to replicate. See also Artoo in his little X-Wing slot, much of the colour is absent, the blue becomes navy-black, etc.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
$15 for the Cobra Hydrofoil is a bargain, I frickin' loved that thing. You could stash loads of hardworking pyramid scheme salesmen on that bad boy.

Cobra: putting the asp in aspirational.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
They're mediocre films, no more, no less but the incessant whining about just how bad they are, greenscreen and CGI, and this revisionist bullshit of trying to make out they're 'not canon' since the buyout or that George Lucas hasn't got a single talented bone in his body by worthless schlubs who have never achieved a goddamn thing in their pathetic lives is really tiresome and overdone and I wish they'd just piss off and get over it instead of having the same dumb arguments time and time again.

poo poo's not important, yo.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
You could just get a knock off version, Agrias, they've generally tended to be quite decent quality from what I've heard with the only drawbacks being the occasional loose limb or the car manufacturer markings/badges being renamed to Nissun or thereabouts.

Is it Sirtoys that sell a ludicrous range of knockoff (MPs or otherwise), not sure..?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
While the Ben Affleck Bats has a good face sculpt, holy gently caress the full figure looks like poo poo. Like, the suit looks like a laundry bag stuffed with garbage, the bulky look doesn't translate well to a figure at all.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

That bike is so loving ugly, I LOVE IT.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I saw black series Finn and Rey (with BB8!) at Target today...

I've not bought any tat other than the occasional TF masterpiece for years but damned if I'm not buying the poo poo out of Rey and Finn as soon as Bandai get around to them in the SH Figurarts line.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
It's me, I'm the guy who wants an unmasked Kylo figure. Let loose those luscious locks!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
'Sup?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Oh wow, these are ace:

Needs a Kage though.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Oh hey, it's our old pal Heavy Armoured Special Cop, now in something closer to classic comic colours

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Give it to me. Give it to me now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Guess everyone's favourite mute one man army just got Raiden'd:

A project to resurrect an old-generation soldier using his DNA info has been requested to TOA Heavy Industries from the Arashikage Clan.
After a successful DNA restoration close to 80%, the soldier was then resurrected using the Synthetic Human body with the restored DNA info.
Even though the memory restoration was incomplete, the soldier became to successfully accomplish numerous covert missions on his own.
In the midst of a rescue mission for captured engineers, the soldier is ambushed by a mysterious white shadow…