Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just decided to start my Marvel Legends collection with Wal-Mart exclusive Tom Holland head Upgraded Suit, a loose Infinity Saga Thanos, and the re-release of Vulture with the wings.

Can anyone recommend good versions of the movie Avengers that reflects their most recent appearances? I've decided I'm going with those instead of trying to be a completionist beyond getting all of MCU Spidey's suits. I'm not interested in comic-verse figures either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Joe Fisto posted:

There’s the Walmart exclusives fat Thor and Captain America.

Actually there’s two WM caps, the most recent one is Infinity War Cap with the beard, the older one is the Endgame version with mijolnir

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363654975134?epid=28036089264&hash=item54ab868e9e:g:9lAAAOSw24JhtuYr

Is the latter this one?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Joe Fisto posted:

Yep. The hammer is hidden behind the shield for spoiler purposes.

Is there a non battle damaged version of the figure? I don’t know if I need Mjolnir

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The_Doctor posted:

Hawkeye is getting a Disney+ accurate figure in the not too distant future.

The Black Panther from the M’Baku BAF wave is probably the one you want, with the best Chadwick Boseman likeness.

Pick whichever Iron Man suit is your favourite, they’re all pretty good.

I want his suit from Endgame. I don't recall what Mark it is.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Joe Fisto posted:

85 I believe

Ugh, looks like if I want all his accessories I need to get the battle damaged version from the Thanos 2-pack. I should never have gotten Thanos loose x_x

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Fuzz posted:

I have the Black Panther mentioned above, if you want to buy it. I am liquidating all my MCU figs, it's just too many. I have a few Star Lords and a few other characters, too.

How much you want for it?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

Well that thanos comes with different stuff than other thanosi so you could display them as different scenes

Huh? I’m talking about the fact that I could have saved money by buying him and Iron Man together.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I like the Eternals :(

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I honestly liked parts of it, but overall I just felt like they had to put way too much into a movie to set up an entire next leg of the MCU. In the end I couldn't care much about lot of the characters because they fit 2 movies + of stuff into one film and that means they had to gloss over a lot of stuff.

I also thought it was really weird that there was a planet-destroying event happening and absolutely no other marvel heroes or even SHIELD bothered to show up for it.

SHIELD doesn't exist anymore, and I've long since stopped worrying about "why other heroes don't show up in other movies" because of the real world factors involved

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

agree to disagree, then

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's so bad even the local Walmart that hasn't had stock since the Captain Marvel wave is choked with them, including the exclusive figure.

exclusive?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

They made an exclusive captain marvel for Walmart

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294650336050?hash=item449a875332:g:TRkAAOSwdfdhXdO0

Is it this?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hrm.

Think I'm gonna go for the Endgame pack with Rescue instead

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Nerd Of Prey posted:

That's the standard release, which I know because I bought that exact one at Target. The auction is mislabeled there. Scam or incompetence? Who knows...

The exclusive had a bunch of orange fire effects. Every version had the swappable heads.

I was never too happy with the regular release version I got because the paint apps were just not very precise on the uniform, like the little gold piping didn't line up where it should. I have thought about buying a fancy import or something where it'll be a better representation of the costume, cause it's a cool design. Thought about repainting it myself, but :effort:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1538109051...%3ABFBM5v6H2bpf

Is it this then?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Fuzz posted:

I dunno, like $15 shipped? I will have to get my MCU Mls together after the holidays and take some pics, but if you want a bunch of them, I'll sell em to you cheap.

Off the top of my head I know I have:

Civil War Black Panther
Black Panther wave Black Panther (unsure if it's the m'Baku or Okoye one, I wanna say Okoye)
2-pack Agent Ross and Kilmonger
Solo Kilmonger in the BP suit from whichever wave that was
M'Baku wave Kilmonger in the fatigues
GotG1 Star Lord with the long jacket
GotG1 Rocket
GotG2 Star Lord solo release with the short jacket
GotG2 Rocket
GotG2 Ego
GotG2 Toy's R Us Groot (the one with the baby and the plant)
GotG1 Groot BAF
Civil War Iron-Man/Cap/Spidey 3 pack
A bunch of Ant-Man parts
Netflix Luke Cage and Claire Temple 2 pack

I forget what else. A lot of them are still in the box new, a bunch or loose. Will have to go track down what is what.

Oh yeah and I have some Fox X-Men figures I'm gonna offload too... Magneto, the Wolverines, and the Comic Con exclusives probably, I need to do an inventory. For awhile I was just grabbing MLs left and right as they came out if they even slightly struck my fancy because of how quickly they were selling out, and now I just have all this stuff and it needs to go.

There's a few here I want. Unfortunately I need to wait til I come into more funds. Is that alright?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

drat, I guess they never did a Iron Spider ML with the legs, huh?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/ty_rannos/status/1474097548319236110?s=21

My collection begins.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Peyote Panda posted:

Do you mean the MCU Iron-Spider or the comic version?

There is an MCU Iron-Spider with the legs as part of this two-pack:

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Mvl-Legends-80th-ANV/dp/B07JND9SC1

For the comic version there was an Iron Spider-Man figure as part of the Spider-Man Signature Series several years back but an upgraded version is coming out for the Spider-Man 60th Anniversary line next year:

https://marvelousnews.com/252-29582

I meant the MCU one, and thank you for pointing that out to me

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Nerd Of Prey posted:

This very fancy MCU Iron Spider is also easy to find currently, and should scale well with Marvel Legends:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/111458

Depending on what eBay prices look like for an older Legends figure, could be a relatively good deal, and probably a better toy.

I can get Iron Spider on his own for 50, but you’re kinda tempting me. Hm.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Is there any chance they’re gonna do Masterverse-articulated figures from the new kid-targeted show? I love those designs but the gimmick figures aren’t what I need in my collection.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rhyno posted:

They have teased at least one.

Oh?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, they showed and empty Masterverse box with that shows logo on it.

Ah. It’ll probably be He-Man

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

okay, now the question remains; do I spend all this christmas money on new figures, or save it for a PS5...

Curse you, luxury items.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

yes, I expect some form of bias

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

got an amazon gift card, ordered the Hydra Stomper immediately.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So I picked up ML Shang-Chi, Wenwu, Xialing, Captain Carter and Star Lord T’Challa, along with the Target exclusive Mobius M. Mobius with my Christmas money.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

are there any worthwhile figures of the 4Kids turtles?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Be nice if the recent She-Ra series got decent figures.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Has anyone bought Creative Beasts Studio's Beasts of the Mesozoic figures? I'm thinking of buying a few for my sister and I wanna know what to expect vis a vis quality.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

Second hand information, but I've only heard glowing reviews. I'm 99% certain you have no experience with Monster-arts, but that's what you should expect if you have had.

But since I'm pretty sure you haven't- these are basically made like statues, so the plastic is way more rigid and harder than you're probably used to. Its a very different feeling kind of thing from Transformers or other action figure lines I've tried out. The articulation is, accordingly, not the MOST dynamic, but you can get them to do stuff. But if your sister is younger, might be best to avoid because these things aren't the friendliest to deal with. If that's not an issue, glowing review, have fun with the knowledge that the articulation isn't the best in mind.

My sister is in her 20's and I want to get her something more accurate and better sculpted than Schleich and other hardware store brand dinosaur figures.

I don't really expect dinosaur figures to be super articulated. It's the sculpt and accuracy I'm after.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apieov8jX-Q

These are absolutely what you want, how you want them. I'm waiting for some things to shift around but I cannot lie, I'm aching for the T-Rexes to come stomping out.

Diamond Select is this weird zombie toy company since they lost the DC line. I've been waiting on the Venom re-release for a while and God knows when that'll drop.

Good then. I decided I'm gonna start her on the Mononychus and Microraptor two pack, since the latter is one of her favorite dinosaurs.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I’ve been picking up the Jakks Pacific Sonic figures, starting with modern Eggman and the three pack with Classic Eggman, Classic Sonic and Mecha Sonic. They’re decent figures but the paint is disappointing on a lot of them.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

Yeah Jakks isn't the best line for quality

They are also what I call “my only option”

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ha ha, Sega would never let them

Anyway the figures themselves are decent, the paint is just super blotchy

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just received the Jakks Pacific 4 inch E-123 Omega figure. I'm so delightfully surprised by this thing. He has a good range of articulation, the paint is mostly fine, and he's a nice hefty size to boot. Very good results with this Sonic figure at least.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.instagram.com/p/CY57WmCKhPs/?utm_medium=share_sheet

crap. I'm gonna have to start collecting this.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/Tom_Jurassic/status/1490704267459633161?s=20&t=FPkH4Q8qpeo4aDLznDwN2A

Mattel kinda sucks

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

all he did was post videos of toys he bought *at retail*

Mattel's issue is that they hadn't been officially revealed yet

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Early copies of a video game are usually sold illicitly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They did it to another one too. Both Jurassic Park vloggers.