Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf2tBFfMLMk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm surprised there isn't already a Tanya Figma. Also,

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

vkeios posted:

I’m so drat happy for Saber Alter 2.0 and Sakura Mato, I cant wait to have a complete Heavens Feel crew.

I'm waiting for the Today's Menu for the Emiya Family versions

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Big Mean Jerk posted:

:getin:

Definitely not a property I ever expected to see Figmas of, but I guess that’s kinda their forte at this point.

Starship Troopers is way more popular in Japan. There was even an anime

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

In the Starship Troopers book and anime the soldiers wear robot suits

They weren't in the movie because it would've been too expensive to do

appropriately for this thread, there's toys of it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

wearing the Batman Begins costume to cover all your Memento tattoos as you carry the Inception machine past the water tanks from the Prestige

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1096743951208460288

Heh. Toyfair place NECA directly across from Funko.

That makes sense, they both do the same thing. NECA is just slightly more up-market

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I don’t see much of a point in this particular wave since you can still get those real vintage Kenner figs for around the same price on eBay,

you can now, but Red Letter Media is working on changing that

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I've always wanted Warhammer action figures, but not like this. Not like this.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

You're gonna get a Funko Pop of it, which is exactly what you deserve.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Have you ever built one of those Gundam models? That can be a dark road to go down

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Bandai is doing a new line of Gundam action figures, the big gimmick being that they're 6 inches tall to fit with international action figure height standards

Here is the trailer for them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kR98m-4Gjo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The new Robot Damashii GP-01 and GP-02 include part that let you replicate the dramatic beam sword drawing and clashing from the opening.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If you're happy with the color and just want it to be less glossy, a matte coat would work

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Nanigans posted:

Any brand you recommend?

I don't have enough experience in the matter to make a recommendation, the miniatures painting thread should be more helpful.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I once had to move every piece of furniture out of my hobby room and sweep the entire the floor, sifting through every dustpail load, before I found a 3 millimeter long model piece I'd dropped.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Louisgod posted:

Oh man one thing I'm still annoyed about is at work, I have a bunch of black series Star Wars figures, and when I moved desks I took all the lightsabers, taped them together and put them in a mug. When I moved and unpacked, all the lightsabers disappeared, so now I have a bunch of jedi on my shelf with no sabers and it's extremely sad.

There are a couple Gundam models that could replace those Lightsabers. The RG Gundam 00 and the RG Gundam 00 Qan[t] both come with a bunch of extra beam sabers that should fit a Star Wars action figure.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

vkeios posted:

Eh, the 00 has those saber hilts that don’t look like Star Wars lightsabers. An RX-78 or GM got the cylinders that’d look more right.

The great thing about the 00 and the 00 Qan[t] is that they come with a variety of beam sabers, in Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker colors, that are way better than the Star Wars beam sabers

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Fuzz posted:

Or you just get these:

Japan Kotobukiya - M.S.G Modeling Support Goods gimmick unit 03 LED Sword BLUE Ver. NON scale plastic model *AF27* https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C3PO9JW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vxKPCbA2V15W3

They come in all the main colors and light up.

If you're going into the MSG line they have way better swords than that

Unite Sword

Vortex Driver

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Aphrodite posted:

Oh yeah my favorite scene in Star Wars is when Obi-Wan takes out his drill gatling gun.

In the Star Wars cartoon there's a dude who has a circle light saber that spins around and lets him fly like a helicopter. So we know that there are better light sabers than the ones in the first three movies, we don't have to stick with the old ones.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Please don't purchase Goblin Slayer merchandise.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Vintersorg posted:

Why? This looks badass.

It's a gross show with tons of rape and the basic premise is "Goblins are just degenerate evil monsters that must be exterminated, all of them, even the babies" which should make anyone with even the most basic grasp of how fantasy treats other races as stand ins for IRL marginalized races extremely uncomfortable

Blackchamber posted:

Hoping that the Shield Hero gets a figma too

:yikes:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Aphrodite posted:

Does anyone know of any larger stands that have spots for a lot of supports like Nendoroid bases do?

I want to put a bunch of figmas on the same base, each having a separate base kind of gets in the way.

An Action Base 4 or 5 might work. They're made for Gunpla that have a special base adapter, but each does come with a little grabby claw that would work for Figma. Action Base 4 is for smaller Gundam kits so it would work for regular Figma, but if you've got like those crazy boat girls with all the gear you'd want the larger, stronger Action Base 5

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm losing my poo poo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Does Bandai do BAFs? Will we get to build a 1/12 scale terminator?

Bandai doesn't do BAFs, and the current announced line is just the one Space Marine. But they did a Hulkbuster in the Figuarts line and a goddamn Nightingale in the Robot Damashii line, so if the Space Marine is enough of a success to turn into a whole Warhammer line, Terminators are very possible. Hell, one of the smaller Dreadnoughts or an Obliterator wouldn't be inconceivable.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Welp, we're getting a first appearance Bulma from figuarts and based on the promo pics she comes with two dragonballs. If my theory about the OG db figures is correct, she brings the count up to 7, which probably means no Tao Pai Pai. Disappointing.

I can't believe that they've done two Bulmas now and neither of them were afro Bulma

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Rhyno posted:

My display is finished and ready to be loaded up.

Looks like you're gonna invite somebody to live in your home for a week and do a Turing test on your Hot Toys figures.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CelticPredator's pictures are very good, therefore they should also be very big.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Vintersorg posted:

Aw, that sucks to hear about ThinkGeek - I always thought they were sorta the big guys in pop merch.

yeah where are people gonna go now to get uhhh, a fuckin... lamp shaped like Stranger Things.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Aphrodite posted:

ThinkGeek isn't closing the retail stores for now.

Still, if the website is closing that's one fewer place online to get poo poo like this

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1139643394416791554

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It's like how people have been saying that audiences are just about to get tired of superhero movies since X-Men 2 came out.

Pops will never go away, and eventually they will replace all other toys

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If they did a Jason X line they'd eventually do a David Cronenberg figure.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It looks like there's no unmasked head.

edit: I was gonna make a joke about how lovely that cloth suit looked but I looked up pictures from the movie and lol he actually was wearing a huge suit

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I can't believe anyone ever thought this was acceptable

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The SRC can do it OK. Probably about as good as you could get without a special crossed arms piece

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Welp, none of that matters anymore. Throw all your toys away, there's literally only one toy that matters now.

https://twitter.com/_BMW_750LI/status/1149846519333437440

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It's basically just the same kind of gross out toy that has existed for decades, but marketed towards girls

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Xenomrph posted:

Figure customizing question: I’ve got the ML Carnage from the Monster Venom BAF wave, and his axe-hand and larger claw hand don’t have any trademark Carnage Black Swirls on them, is that something I could probably fix with a black sharpie or is that going to look like rear end and smear all over the place?

use a paint pen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Is that just the prototype? Or are they seriously not going to paint it?