Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

I got 4 of the 7, if I can get the rest I'll just cancel my case preorder.

I just want Goblin and Symbiote Spidey, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I'm just glad we're finally getting classic style Chun-Li that doesn't look like trash.

I don't even know who else I'd even want, maybe Morrigan but that's Darkstalkers. Never really liked much of the Street Fighter cast other than Chunners.

Dragonball's doing pretty good and now that more figures are coming out as "Standard" releases its becoming easier and easier. I just want Bulma, Videl and Kid Goku now to be honest, maybe Tenshinhan but other than them and Krillin (Who i'm waiting on a Premium Color since the original version's jumped in price so much) I'm satisfied with my collection.

I want a first form Frieza and a Mr Popo.

Also a proper SSJ2 Goku since the hair is slightly different.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

What's with the Nerv logo? Godzelion Unit-01?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

His tiny hands!

Trumpzilla?

So my local TRU is garbage and has no NECA anything and their Legends collection is like 2-3 waves old with lots of trash Wasp figures. Bah.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The other TRU around here has Evil Dead 2 Ash x2 and a billion Gallery Quinns. Go figure.

Also I had no idea the Legends Civil War Cap and Iron Man were so plentiful.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Zorglorfian posted:

Why are you guys buying the new Legends wave for twice the amount? It's $40 a figure!

Also, anyone know of some great TMNT figures? I'm interested. Thanks.

Figuarts or NECA.

Also anyone need Astral Strange? This TRU has like 3 of them, isn't that slightly difficult to find?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

NECA plz.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Does anyone need the WoN bigass Metroid?

How much?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Cost plus shipping. So $16 plus shipping to your door.

Okay, PM me details!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I wish Revoltech would put out full 6" figures of Solid Snake and Gray Fox. Or Liquid. Or MGS3 Big Boss in Tiger camo or something. The mini figs are cool but holy poo poo expensive nowadays, and other than the Venom Snake (which isn't a character I'd want), all the other 6" ones are ehh. Mainly the head on the Peace Walker Snake looks like dogshit.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Finally decided to pull the trigger on preordering the Amecomi Spider-Man after getting the Deadpool and messing around with him and digging it. I am a person who cares less about joints than cool poses, clearly.

I think I'm gonna start collecting this line... next up is Venom, which seems to be channeling the original Toybiz style quite heavily:

http://thefwoosh.com/2016/11/amazing-yamaguchi-venom-revealed

Supposedly also coming out next year, maybe by summer?

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 3, 2016

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Not totally related but I actually once found all Ghostbusters in one store before. It was kind of amazing. But I didn't feel like paying a 100 bucks for the lot. Maybe I should've. Dunno.

I'm still waiting for good 6" Ghostbusters figures, which I think are on their way.

They are it's just the new Ghostbusters, not the originals. :classiclol:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Is there a good Indiana Jones figure out there? The Figma one's face is... yeesh.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Dec 4, 2016

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The Figma is the best around right now. I have it, and yeah, the face is whatever, but you can't beat the rest of the fig or the accessory selection. It looks much better with the alternate set of eyes, I'm not sure why the promo pics use the lovely set.

I haven't been able to find any pics of the other eyes. Could you take a picture when you get a chance? Now I'm curious.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Timby posted:

Has there ever been a good sculpt of Harrison Ford's face (outside of Hot Toys)?

The new Figuarts Han Solo was linked in here many pages back and is uncanny.

Why the hell is the new Spider-Man wave not on sale at the normal price yet. I don't even want a rare, each case is supposed to have two symbiote Spideys.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Sucks that the Figuarts Vader is not up to par when the MAFEX Vader exists. Thankfully they're the same scale so you can do cool scenes.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Man, might have to get that Shocker, he looks awesome.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'm expecting that GG to be the hardest to find one from this wave... It's finally a GG that's awesome and worth having.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Green Goblin shouldn't be THAT bad because the Toy Biz one the 4H sculpted is still really good. Shocker and Ms. Marvel are the absolute must-haves and likely hardest to find in the wave.

As far as case ratios, making symbiote Spider-Man the 2 per case was the correct call.

Also, if you want a new head for Pizza Spidey, the Spider-UK is pretty good --

https://twitter.com/Preternia_/status/806331031796273152

Pizza Spidey has just about the perfect head already, though, in my opinion. I'm kinda bummed that the Symbiote has the MacFarlane eyes, honestly, they always kinda annoyed me with how un-expressive they were in the comic panels because they take up most of his face (even if "realistically" they'd be more practical).

That and I'm sad he doesn't come with thwip hands since Spidey actually wore the black suit sans symbiote for far longer than he actually had the symbiote, and when he did he used his regular old web shooters so it would have been nice to have the option.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Duke Igthorn posted:

You know I like Spider-man and all but cripes how about something different?

To be fair, there hasn't been a good symbiote figure in like 10 years.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ultraviolence123 posted:

I'm going to sell my Star Wars Figuarts figures, I have the first release of RtoJ Luke that I'd sell you if you were interested. For those interested, I also have the first release of Darth Vader with the display base, a Stormtrooper and Darth Maul. Boxes and everything as well. Need some extra Xmas cash, and I'm trying to make space for other lines I collect.

I might be interested in the Stormtrooper, was it any good?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

I think they have put out like 23 versions of his suit right now.

Considering the suit in Civil War was the Mark 46 and there were like 25 different suits in Iron-Man 3 alone, yeah... they still have a ways to go. That pic doesn't even have the Hulkbuster BAF or the recent Mark 46 Figuarts one in it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

Those are only the Hot Toys Iron Mans

Ah, whoops! The Tony in front looked like the Figuarts one, didn't really look that closely since I don't particularly like Hot Toys since I prefer articulation and posability over perfect screen accuracy. Also price.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I still prefer the Amecomi Yamaguchi one.

On an aside, Amazon has that Black series Stormtrooper 4-pack on sale right now, if anyone wants it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Daaku Shinsei posted:

Man, I saw a Pizza Spidey last month, but I forgot where it was, now. I was broke at the time, so I left it where it was. And I kick myself every day.

In newer ML news, I found all of the Space Knight Venom wave but Hobgoblin.

Also found that one TRU in town has 0 of the new Bale Batman NECA figures, but the other has pegs and pegs of em, so if anyone wants him or that Harley...

I would take a Bale, sure. Assuming he doesn't look like he's been snorting bat coke for weeks.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

In some photos that looks more like Nicholas Cage than Christopher Lee. I'm kinda okay with that.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Still think I'm right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lct6x-XqWrw

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Sorry for double posting, got my WoN Metroid and holy poo poo this thing is massive!

Now they just need to put that Prime 3 Figma figure out so I can do an awesome Super Metroid style setup.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Oh hey, sweet Mic Jagger figure.

Does the Bishop one look like Keith Richards?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

NECA is spergy as hell.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

purple death ray posted:

It usually works out great for the fans, like the little photo of John Connor they snuck in with the new motorcycle cop T-1000.

Additions are always welcome. Iconic omissions always piss off.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

So glad I held off on that LBW DX Link, that deal is crazy! Thanks for the heads up.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Okay, NECA or MAFEX or FiguArts need to make Witcher action figures because holy poo poo I'd be all over that.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Dark Horse has statues that are pretty solid, and inexpensive. Gamestop sells them for like $30 each.

If you don't regularly repose your stuff that's just as good.

I am a hardcore poser... I'll cycle most figures through a new pose at least every other week, though my Skyward Sword Link has been chilling in his mid air down stab pose for awhile because goddamn it looks awesome. We need more goon photo galleries of poses.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I can't find poo poo from the new Spider-Man wave, and it's pissing me off.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Reinanigans posted:

I love SH Figuarts (I have RotJ Luke, Vader, and the diorama) but K-2SO barely looks any different between his Black Series and Figuarts versions, but their price tags sure do.

You should look into the MAFEX Vader... I went hands on with both and honestly it's kinda jarring how much better the MAFEX is.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ShimSham posted:

I was just about to buy the MAFEX Vader (despite having BS and Model Vader) until I pictures of MAFEX's upcoming Rogue One Vader which kind of blew me away. Comparison shot here http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2965956#p2965956

That's not the most flattering picture of the MAFEX Vader as I've seen it look way better in other shots, and that's likely a promo image of the RO Vader and not the final product. Something worth considering though. MAFEX just blew it out of the water with their Boba Fett ESB and ROTJ releases.

I wish the cod piece on the RO one was on the V1 because it looks way better but those arms look like they're literally the wrong scale... too thin and too short. Helmet scale is a little too big, I think... The V1 helmet has a good scale when seen in person, it's just the dome bit sits a little high, but that's easily fixed by breaking the inner tab off slightly (I think it was the Fwoosh or Shartimus review where he did this mid video accidentally and it worked out well).

They're also saying the RO one is shorter than V1 slightly which sucks since the V1 is already a little too short in scale with the Figuarts Luke. It's more an issue that the SHF RotJ Luke is too tall (Mark Hamill is really short), but it's still acceptable when displayed. I linked a pic of my current setup earlier in this thread, but I'll probably be changing up their poses this weekend if someone wants to see a scale comparison.

Another issue is the RO may not come with the severed hand attachment or the maskless head.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Reinanigans posted:

I dunno. People point out these differences between the different Vader's, and the only obvious stinker to me is the BS Vader. Sell me on the Mafex, 'cause as it stands, I love the look and feel of my Figuarts Vader.

https://youtu.be/HOLqE7okerE

I think that's the one that itemizes it well. Not being able to have Vader kneel with the Figuarts was the deal breaker for me.

All of the toy stores in my area are complete poo poo. Any awesome goon willing to grab me Symbiote Spidey and Green Goblin at non-gouger prices? BBTS is sold out on GG because I'm dumb and figured they would list the figures at the top of the list when searching new releases, and I kept seeing the box sales and not any of the individual figures so I thought they just weren't breaking up the boxes on pre-order because they would just sell the leftover stuff individually. Yes, I'm dumb. BBTS has exorbitant shipping prices to me which makes buying most single items or anything under $50 not worth it (7 bucks to ship Spidey to me... gently caress you BBTS), so if anyone has alternative suggestions that aren't Amazon, I'm all ears.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Figuarts characters I want next:

Cowboy Bebop. All of them.
Mr Satan
Mr Popo
North Kai (with Bubbles and Jeremy)
ESB Han Solo
ESB Luke with severed hand and Yoda backpack
Emperor Palpatine

Adbot