Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Good grief. All right, righteous anger rescinded, as you were.

Still though, what the christ.
It was nicely italicized for you...

Travis343 posted:

*googles character*

Created by: Mark Millar

Alright, your story checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Better than Steve Dillon's.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's hulk but yeah if Dillon drew Drax he would look like that with red markings.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

Lame that this doesn't come with fleeing mobsters.

Is it okay to be upset that this isn't what Superman wore on that cover?

MrFlibble posted:

Does "holy poo poo that dudes lifting a car, WTF?" man have a name? Are they not including him in this lego set because of licensing rights? Because hes one of the defining aspects of that cover.

Superman lifting car, guy freaking the gently caress out. Come on lego.
Someone, somewhere wrote a story about him in some anthology, but I can't find where it was.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

How much money is a 1/6 scale Delorean going to cost because I need to start saving money.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

Valve may have gotten some bad QC on their samples or something. They felt the quality wasn't up to the standard set by their brand.
They certainly broke Valve's standard of never actually releasing anything.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Except you already have one for your USS Flag.

Which would cost $482 in 2015 dollars (guessing that it's a 1985 ad), which still seems on the low side.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Based on the initial look of the X-Wing I wasn't expecting it to be complex. But there is SO MUCH going on underneath the shell that you dont really see 90% of what the hell is getting built. Like right in the core are 2 blue pieces.... I have no idea what they do but they are there. It's a beautiful feat of engineering.

It's pretty common for them to do that sort of thing. I'm pretty sure my OT X-Wing set from a couple years ago was similar. I think it's a case of both making those pieces easier to see in the instructions as well as throwing you some different colored pieces for when you tear it down eventually.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Anora posted:

Curse you, I'm such a sucker for play features on Legos.

Try a Wal-mart or Target, instead of a TRU. TRUs are like 10% more expensive, and I know the X-wing is 79.99 at Target.
It's $79.99 at the Lego Store. The X-Wing wasn't that overpriced at only $84.99, at least.

Don't buy Legos at TRU unless you absolutely need it right now or they're on sale.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

$80 for 717 pieces isn't too out of line, really. The vast majority of sets without electronics run around $0.10 per piece currently (which is way down when adjusting for inflation from a high of $0.40ish). In fact, some searching around suggests that licensed sets are no more than 1% more expensive per piece than similar, non-licensed sets.

Speaking of licensed Lego sets, I'm sad to see WALL-E has been delayed in the US. Meanwhile a British friend already has it.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 8, 2015

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You're gonna have to point that out, because I haven't found a single set currently available on the website that his $0.14/piece. There's several that come close, but they're also big sets and are likely to have bigger pieces (Sith Interceptor, Kylo Ren's Shuttle), or the Advent Calendar. Meanwhile there's just as many that are less than $0.10/piece.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ah, right, that'll do it!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I really doubt Lego would do that, and, realistically, it's kind of a dumb measure because it ignores that pieces are different sizes. (And it takes 2 seconds with a calculator if you really care *that* much.) The current space shuttle City set breaks $0.20/piece, but that's probably because it has a lot of big pieces making up the rockets.

(I should have meant above I didn't find a single STAR WARS set that hits $0.14/piece.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Personally, I let Red Letter Media make all my opinions for me. Thankfully, they took 12 hours to review 7.5 hours worth of movies!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got a doll of some weird hobo. He came with a severed head and a fedora.

Also found an interesting white variant of Drax.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Oooh fun story.

Years ago I was hanging out with some friends, most of which would later go on to become members of the 501st. I brought over my N64 and Shadows of the Empire. We got to the Boba Fett boss fight and I defeated him swiftly without taking a single hit. One of those guys (my former best friend) grabbed the controller, spiked it to the floor and kicked the console across the room before storming out. I had to go as far as contacting his mother before I got it replaced. Somehow me stayed friends for several years after that.
I don't believe this story because it suggests an N64 can break.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Softgoods look a million times better than unposable plastic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I watched Spy and it was incredibly unfunny. The only thing I laughed at was 50 Cent.

I'm with Rhyno on this one.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Did anyone pick up the Sphero BB8? I was pondering buying one, and wanted opinions.

I got one way back when they came back, but returned it. It's neat and works as expected, but since I have rugs, it was really limited in where I could use it since it couldn't make it up the bump from floor to rug.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Surefire hits like White Tiger and Cottonmouth.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nice O-face

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

I'd feel weird. Hasbro had me do one of those face scan and put your head on Iron Man and I hide that thing in my storage room.

Can I have it?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's also the videos of notorious GPS Transformers being pulled out of their packages and crushed in-hand.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Unmature posted:

Please post these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcjAUN5Ssj8

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got THREE WWE belts today. They came with a Goldberg doll. I'm glad John Cena finally has something to hold.

I also got Miitomo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I figure he created the marvel universe, and other people stepped in to make the other characters. The point being, dude's basically God when it comes to the MU since as far as I know he was the one who went "poo poo, let's make some awesome comics".

Yea, he hired out a bunch of other people and has taken credit that wasn't due him, but at the same time without him, the MU wouldn't exist.

Therefore, to me, dude needs some kinda marvel doohickey like the shield or the hammer :colbert:

Kirby is canonically MU God. :colbert:

I want Stan, but not for what it costs. Oh well.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Oh yeah, I remember. CW was so bad I never made it past the 3rd episode.

It's actually really good and makes Anakin not the worst character ever.

I mean, bro, you watched the entire Unicron Trilogy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Not by episode 3 though.

Also true.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I also enjoyed the Obi-Wan and Anakin miniseries.

Though prequel Obi-Wan might actually be my favorite Star Wars character somehow.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Karnith posted:

The SH Figuarts The Rock and Stone Cold are up for order now and slated for a Christmas release.

Gotta order those. Though the Austin likeness isn't great.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Does Amiami do a Pile of Loot thing? Think I'm gonna order Rock, Austin, and Obi-Wan

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Where do you go to see people trying cool things with their figures? Everywhere other than this thread seems horrible, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

I just follow @preternia_ on Twitter.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Amazon has the Marvel Legends Captain America shield back up for preorder

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B4NLML2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks. The best part of this was that after I one-clicked it, it showed me the Figuarts Rock and Austin figures for $60 each, so I got those too! Thanks Amazon! Thamazon

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Who's that robot with the red arm? I don't recognize it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BOSS!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Louisgod posted:

Has anybody else's Amazon X-Men Legends orders shipped? The Rouge and Deadpool I have on order were supposed to ship Monday but nothing's happening with them and word on the street is that Amazon didn't receive enough inventory to cover pre-orders.
Jeff Bezos told me he won't send your stuff until you spell Rogue's name correctly.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lucky?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

They do this is medium sized cities for Sunday delivery.

USPS does it here. :cool:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

AWWWWW BSS!!! DONT YOU DARE BE SOUR!!! CLAP FOR YOUR WORLD FAMOUS TWO TIME TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS AND FEEL THE POWER!!!

ITS A NEW DAY YES IT IS!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Travis343 posted:

Did that 1/12 scale trombone come with the wrestle man or where did you get that

Yes she came with him. Her name is Francesca II.

EDIT: I do wish they came with the tag belts though. I suppose I'll have to find some set that includes them.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 10, 2016