Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Xenomrph posted:

Finally got (most of) my NECA Predators arrayed on a shelf - there are about 10 more that didn’t fit.

This is awesome, I just went through a bin full of the old alien/predator toy line (hasbro?) and full nostalgia for all the sweet predators I had, and the awesome Ripley figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

ShimSham posted:

It seems like a ton of people have just recently purchased the 1000toys Synthetic Human, and you can count me in along with them.

It's outstanding, I love this figure. And today I was able to get the photo I first envisioned when I ordered him.

Are those easy to get a hold of? I've been looking for a decent poseable drawing model and have seen these among the list of good options.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

So if I wanted to start looking for some older black series, should I wait for the archives or hunt down the old ones?

Also: anyone have any opinions on the McFarlane titanfall line? Was thinking about getting the robot pilot but didn't know the quality.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Dammit rhyno now I have to go find my white tron disc and put it on display.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Wtf, is that a thing stores do?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Who's doing those bebop figures? That vicious looks amazing.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm keeping an eye out for obi Wan in clone armor from black series. I think it's a Walgreens exclusive and it has a fall release window, does anyone with more experience know around what month that usually means?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Local Walgreens had a unicorn and the OG 0079 gundam. Looked kind of neat and I was curious also because they looked a little smaller than I expected for 25.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah two targets I had checked were pretty cleaned. Out, no Mando or exclusive. They did have a sith trooper and the mystery boxes but I'm not super interested in new trilogy troopers.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Well a target in my area claimed to have the exclusive mandalorian figure so I had to check. Of course they didn't, inventory told them they had a few but my guess is someone stashed them or something.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Well I will be now. It seemed too good to be true but everything else on the site was listed sold out so I thought what the heck.

Edit:yeah brickseek shows the same info for inventory so Idk what the deal is.

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 7, 2019

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

God I loved those toys. I even had the invisible predator at one point.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Got lucky this weekend and managed to find a black series shock trooper and the commander fox that just came out. Long term I think all I need for an officer collection is Cody, Rex, and wolffe.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I had a find a gamestop a ways outside Chicago that had him. I've seen Rex at a good price online (as opposed to wolffe and Cody) but drat does the hascon Rex look so much better. Might have to spring for that version.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Buddy found the clone commander Obi-Wan freshly stocked at his local Walgreens. I think I'm set on new releases for a while, time to go hunting for some older stuff.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

They also announced kit fisto and plo koon for black series releases, if anyone was looking for the best jedi.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I think it needs a custom space lawyer.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Do you have a flashy enough wardrobe to go with it though?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Which con is that for?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Isn't that the one they announced last year with homeless Peter Parker? Or was that mafex?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

That sounds like the young Han figure. I think they only did one cassian figure and he's wearing a blue coat.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

My way of focusing my black series collecting is to only pick up trooper variants (ot/pt Era). It's been working out but the commander Cody figure is one of the remaining ones I'm really after. It's so expensive at this point I'm actually considering pre ordering the hot toys Cody for like $100 more because why not?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I must have blacked out yesterday. I was reading an article about the new black series shadow stormtrooper and when I came to I had an order confirmation email.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Rhyno posted:

but the small kitchen isn't an easy fix.

Excuse me sir, I am an expert in HGTV law. Might I interest you in the phrase "open concept"?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

The toy shelves at the WMs around here are oddly barren in the action figure aisle. Like there was a run on, well, everything.

I checked one out last month (according to brickseek it had a few black series I was looking for) and saw a similar sight. Mostly empty shelves.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Captain Morose posted:

Classified Storm Shadow is back up on amazon at $20 for mid September.

https://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Class...97945417&sr=8-2

Edit: gone

This is fine. I'm absolutely inches away from collecting these things (they look awesome) and I don't need the temptation.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Storm shadow pre order is up on US. Not sure how it'll play out but says estimated delivery 9/1 or 9/2.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Eeks, mines supposed to arrive Tuesday I hope it isn't too beat up :ohdear:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Any target I've checked has been completely cleared out of any figures. I haven't had good luck with popfindr either. Hopefully these things start showing up more.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Got hosed on storm shadow, was supposed to arrive today but they just emailed me a delay window of 9/22-10/20 or something so I guess we'll see when it shows up.

In other news, anyone else picking up the mafex spider verse stuff? I think I saw the other day hobo Peter Parker and miles were both due out soon and they looked pretty rad.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

In my experience it's a complete sham but yeah other times it's not. PF said a target near me had 2 beach heads and they couldn't find any when I asked them.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah the amount of times we've been shipped a box of something 1/4 e size is ridiculous.

In other news, once I get back home today I'll be scoping out a nearby target that popfindr says has 6 Beach heads.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Kingtheninja posted:

In other news, once I get back home today I'll be scoping out a nearby target that popfindr says has 6 Beach heads.

Welp, surprising no one the target was completely cleared out. The guy I talked to thinks if they did have 6 someone probably came in at open to buy them all. It's really hard to keep myself from tracking down dead ends.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Has the red ninja for gi joe been released yet? I'm seeing pre-order dates all over the place. Darkside has one for November I'm considering (Amazon has march/April 21,bbts is January) but not sure how likely it will arrive by then.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Sorry if this is an old question but should I trust target's site inventory over popfindr? I'm seeing different numbers and am wondering if a trip would be wasted or not.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Man which one of you has a tight grip on inventory in Chicago? I've checked maybe 6 targets in the last few days and only found one roadblock, nothing else.

It's always the same story too, they restocked the day before and someone came in at open and cleared them out.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

JT Smiley posted:

Roadblock is the only GI Joe figure I've ever seen at the two Targets near me, each had one on the peg.

Same, he's the only one I've seen in the wild.

In other news I'm checking one last target downtown today but if anyone finds a beachhead and wants to ship it to me I'll venmo you!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Kingtheninja posted:

In other news I'm checking one last target downtown today but if anyone finds a beachhead and wants to ship it to me I'll venmo you!

Disregard this, found one!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Not sure if he just hasn't sold out yet or they added more, but the hasbro site has pimp destro available still. I was going to skip destro but I think the burning money accessory really did it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah that just feels lazy on their part. Range trooper (weirdly enough) was what got me into black series and what really appealed to me was the fur on the jacket adding to the quality.