Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

CelticPredator posted:

I just go to MWCtoys. I don’t like watching toy reviews. Reading them is better. For the most part.

I miss the old MCW reviews. For the last couple years it's been almost nothing but Marvel Legends, Hot Toys/High End 1:6 stuff, and DCDirect statues. He used to review more weird kid stuff and way more different lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Whole bunch of new Star Wars Figuarts reveals. And there’s no post yet, but Hot Toys revealed Commander Cody, Jango, and AOTC Threepio.

That ESB Pilot Luke & R2 :swoon:

I never thought I wanted a samurai IG-88 but here we are.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I know some people on here wanted the Diamond Select Tron figures from the Kingdom Hearts line, but didn't care about the actual Kingdom Hearts stuff. Looks like they're releasing just the Tron guys individually, but also a new Flynn and a BAF Recognizer.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

The realist Arnold head looks so weird on the cartoony MOTU body.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Hopefully that sells well because while space marines are boring and ugly, I'd love some action figures of Eldar, Tyranids, Tau, or Battle Sisters.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Lol, those are mountains of Star Wars subscription boxes just being shredded. What a weird nightmare world we live in.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Anyone want a BRAND NEW Figuarts for only FOUR DOLLARS?!?!

Bad news? It's Triple H.

https://www.ringsidecollectibles.com/wwe-toy-wrestling-figures-triple-hhh-figuarts-004.html

I'm almost tempted by the Stone Cold for $8 just for the exploding beer can accessories

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Corona Virus Funko Pop when?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

They've been teasing that Lady Maria for years. Is it actually finally coming out?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

10 Beers posted:

Ha, I saw that Shadow Weaver and for a quick second thought they'd really oddly updated Orko.

This ain't your daddy's Orko

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Can someone who reads the comics explain what's going on here? Is this just Mcfarlane doing to DC what they did to Spawn in the 90's or is this based on something?

I haven't bought a superhero toy in years, but at least Batman and Wonder Woman look pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1368895612859613187

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Wait, so it's like actually canon and not just some Elseworlds alternate metal album cover timeline stuff? Like Robin legit becomes the singer of Cradle of Filth and Darkseid is Batman for some reason?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Hmm yes that does sound comic-y and over complicated and dumb. However, out of context Goth Viking Wonder Woman might look cool just hanging out on my bookshelf, so I guess that's a win.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

This was my original attempt, with this riser I can fit nine standard Classics figures but there is a wasted shelf behind the back row

I don't know a lot about MOTU, but which character is "Skeletor but fat and a robot?"

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Next wave of Warhammer figures leaked

I wish they'd given the new Sister a different weapon from the previous Sister. Although it's neat that the unpainted Flayed One has different skin arrangement from the painted one

This line is so frustrating. I wanted an helmet-less Battle Sister so bad. Also more Necrons?

I'll buy anything Eldar if they ever get to it.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

All your favorite Star Wars characters! Like the guy who had his brain sucked out by a squid and Ip Man's long haired buddy.

Bib Fortuna's cool though, give me more weird Jabba's palace guys.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Call me if they ever make the fat chicken with a pair of hedge clippers. That was the most wtf Power Rangers villain I remember as a kid.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Just what I always wanted, an 1800's German soldier harassing a drunk hobo in a park.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

An Ounce of Gold posted:

They put a weird harness on him, but yeah here he is:

I like the unpainted solid color weapon and harness. Strong 90's Ninja Turtles vibes from that. Couldn't even be bothered to add any wash or dry brushing to make it not look like plastic.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Djarum posted:

I regret every day not getting the Tron Legacy stuff. It is so pricy now.

There's a Tron ride currently being built at Disney World in Florida, so there's a decent chance that they'll release a bunch of merch when it opens. I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of light discs.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I am LOVING the character-specific collections! Cap, Baroness, Black Cat, She-Hulk! As a Daredevil, Blue Beetle, and Booster Gold collector, please keep those coming!

Character specific collections you say?

She's not a character that has a ton of action figures, but there's a bunch of weird stylized toys. There's a few pieces I'm still looking to pick up that I know are out there. I'm excited for the McFarlane figure coming out soon.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

My Target randomly had a restock of the Neca exclusives so I was finally able to pick up a Desdemona. She's a beautiful figure, but man they did not design her to be able to stand at all. The wings are so big and the legs are so wobbly and she's designed to basically stand on her tip toes, so it was a struggle just to be able to get her in this pose. Anyone have any stand suggestions that work better than the spare DCUC stand I had lying around?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Where's the real bad Toybiz figure from the 90's?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Open Marriage Night posted:

She was the first Lara Croft figure, and came out around the same time as the Resident Evil toys (I think). She had a few guns, and the bat, and winged demon creature she came with for some reason, were repaints from the Morbius Unbound figure from the Spider-Man: Vampire Wars line.

May have also been around the time they repainted Psylocke and sold her as Elektra.

That's the one. Toybiz was doing a bunch of video game stuff at the time like RE, Darkstalkers, Ocarina of Time, and they put out a Lara figure as well. I'm pretty sure she has cloth pants because her body was a repaint of some other character with a new head thrown on.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Good Smile rundown, they announced a LOT of stuff at Anime Expo.

I've only been waiting for Skullgirls figures for like 10 years. Hopefully they make more characters and something other than Nendoroids

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Nanigans posted:

If anyone happens to find this at their Walmarts, I'd be happy to reimburse you the cost + shipping + a little extra for your effort:

It's a rare chase variant which otherwise is the same, minus the tiny Luke figure. The regular one has his him in orange flight suit instead:

I ordered one off Amazon but didn't get lucky, so I'm just returning it. Reports say the jedi version has been found at Walmarts on the west coast.

Are these the same scale as the old Action Fleet toys from the 90's? That's probably my favorite Star Wars toyline of all time and I may not be able to resist a reboot.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

My Target was clearancing out all of their GI Joe Classifieds down to $5 each. I know some people here collect those, so it might be worth checking out.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

Gonna have to disagree here. The Godzilla suits are beautiful and legit works of art. Sure, the movies are generally cheesy fun but the designs were never bad.

I mean the 70's "cookie monster" Godzilla is pretty goofy looking.

I'm a fairly big Godzilla fan, and even I can't tell the difference between most Godzilla figures. There are enough Godzillas, I want these companies to make more of the other monsters. Give me a really sweet Megalon or Gigan or Orga and I'm here for it. Godzilla himself is like the Ninja Turtles or Aliens figures at this point, where every month there's a new one from a different company and they look almost identical.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Oh man, they may have finally gotten me

https://twitter.com/super7store/status/1580212981245169665

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I’m also kind of in that situation. I love Earthworm Jim and I honestly love all that guy’s art, he’s fuckin brilliant as an artist, but he’s also fuckin awful as a person, and it’s like, emotionally confusing. At least he’s not really that much of a public figure, most people haven’t heard of him, so his bullshit has a lot less of a reach than his art. Not really equivalent to a JK Rowling situation.

For what it's worth, Tennapel no longer owns or I believe makes any money from EWJ. He sold the character to Interplay years ago and is not involved at all in the new show or game that are being worked on, so it's a little less icky than Harry Potter stuff.

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/series/the-controversial-creator-of-earthworm-jim-isnt-involved-in-the-new-spin-off-series-210772.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Tired: Dumping $200,000 of Magic the Gathering into a landfill
Wired: Dumping $30,000,000 of Funko Pops into a landfill.

https://futurism.com/the-byte/dumping-30-million-funko-pops-landfill