Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Well the Reeve Superman I got from the official WB eBay store arrived so I'm not terribly upset. It's a good likeness... But don't his arms look a bit small? Proportionally, not muscle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

The toysrus near my work must have gotten a shipment in because they had a pretty good assortment of the Force Awakens figures. I've been trying to find the 3.75 Rey but that's still never there when I am.

However they also got some of the black series in and for once toysrus's practice of taking desirable toys and putting them at the cashwrap where nobody knows they are there paid off and they had the Rey and BB8 there which I picked up.

Happy.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I was sorely tempted just now to pick her up, especially since the flex-pay makes it so easy to forget you are making a good sized purchase, but I know that they'll make a new Rey for each movie and I'm really hopeful they'll give her a much cooler outfit next movie.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Anyone looking for those World of Nintendo Metroids? They had 2 of em at the Toysrus today.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Rhyno posted:

If you follow this thread you should know to pick those up without asking.

Yeah, but I hesitate to do that now. I've found toys locally people were hunting for, bought them, and those people have disappeared. I held onto a spare 89 Batman and ironically someone posted about missing out and still wanting it and when I mentioned having one available... crickets.

Consistently however Louisgod has bought off anything I picked up that he's wanted, and I think this is like the 3rd time I've found a world of Nintendo thing he wanted so I'm coupling that together as fate and I'm giving him the first right of refusal on this.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jan 26, 2016

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Yo, if you still have an 89 Batman I will buy that off you. I vaguely expressed an interest in the thread a while back but never explicitly asked somebody to pick one up. Ditto with the Reeve Superman. i never did buy either of those, but I would.

The 89 Batman came out around Christmas at the end of 2014, much the same way that the Reeve Superman came out Christmas time 2015 so its not like I went out recently to hunt it down so no worries. I'll message you around Thursday when I get home.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Neo_Reloaded posted:

All 7 of the Captain America / Red Onslaught wave of Marvel Legends are up for preorder on Amazon.

Captain America w/Wolf Head
Sharon Carter
Mockingbird
Taskmaster
Scourge
Cottonmouth
Whirlwind

Taskmaster is the only one unavailable on that list. When did he become so popular?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Red posted:

He comes with two extra heads and a shield. One of those heads is from the super awesome popular early 2000s version of Taskmaster.

No, I know all about Taskmaster and he's one of my favorite villains/heroes. My question remains when did he become popular enough that he'd be the hard to get figure in the series?

I have the 3.75 comic two pack with him and deadpool but I figured the reason that was so desirable was because of deadpool.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

Wonfes is happening

WANT. WANT WANT WANT.

I went to ToysRus on my lunch break and it looks like an employee was told they could open the new Marvel Select box and take out Taskmaster but he had to find someplace to jam the rest and thats what he did. The rest of the set was just dumped on a shelf. I caved and bought mine, sans the BAF piece, from some ebay scalper.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Cross-whine from the Transformers thread: I finally have access to a 3D printer and I can't find any cool action figure stuff to print (accessories, heads, etc). Am I bad at googling or do people (understandably) always lock their models behind a paywall?

Where are you looking? I use Thingiverse for most of my 3d object hunting.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Not going to get a figure is Jessica Jones because reasons. Or 1 in 6 in the box to give you hope and make you miserable.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

cool. As long as there's a Night Nurse figure, I'm happy.

Oh man are you going to be unhappy.

Makes me wonder:

We all know that when it comes to toys that are marketed towards males, Toy makers tend to shy away from the female characters or make them in much smaller quantities. Recently it was Star Wars' Rey and before that I remember Black Widow from avengers getting the same treatment.

Does anyone know what the first case of this was?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I remember them too and had many of them. That's what makes me wonder at what point Toy makers did the 180 and say boys won't buy them. What Toy line killed it, or when was the shift?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Conversely, I wonder if the deleted scenes on the blu-ray will finally clue us in about who Constable Zuvio is.

I have Rey in her resistance outfit and lightsaber, and I picked it up about a week ago so I don't think it is timed for the bluray release.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

I own half the things on this shelf! :v:

Edit: also, do my eyes deceive me, or does Dredd have reallly long arms? I have him right next to me atm, and I can't quite figure it out.

Long arm of the law. its a thing.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Does he have long arms? If you look where his hands are in relation to his hips and thighs and compare that to the other figures on the shelves they are all pretty much the same. I think it might be the Judge's belt being so high up that makes it seem like his arms/hands hang lower than they should. He has that belt pulled up to Adam West Batman utility belt level.

edit: He also has really skinny hips.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 3, 2016

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I didnt think either look like Rudd enough that if I got one I'd leave the helmet off.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

sporklift posted:

Oh cool. I was looking at individual figs. Always dug that Iron Fist.

I know Toysrus is doing 40% off on them, I picked up Ant-man the other day, and I've heard Wal-Mart is putting them all in the clearance aisle. Rats from a sinking ship.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Fsmhunk posted:

Isnt that pretty common with NECA?

I had the NECA Christopher Reeve Superman which I was able to pose without much trouble, and when I moved I packed him back up in the original box. While unpacking in the place I tried to put him back in the same pose and his arm snapped off. I was pissed but I figured I could glue it back together... until I saw just how thin and tiny the rod is. I just shoved it in the trash and ordered the Hot Toys Reeve Superman. I'm swearing off NECA outside of any Pacific Rim Jaegers they might do next.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

Blowback, wtf? If they have a surplus of figures they should absolutely make them available via other means, because some of us can't go to SDCC just for some toys. And if the only reason you're going to SDCC is for the toys and you get butthurt if they're made available outside of the con, then maybe you should rethink your priorities and be less selfish? Other people being able to get cool toys without jumping through hoops or paying a 400% markup to scalpers is an objectively Good Thing.

Pretty sure the blowback is from the scalpers.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

Shiiiiiiiiii

Hopeful, but let's see the face sculpt first.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Louisgod posted:

For those in California, the TRUs look like they're getting the latest World of Nintendo figures:

If a kind soul is interested on checking for me, I'm after Falco, Toon Link and Paratrooper (4") and Villager and Chain Chomp (2.5").

Falcon and toon link, get.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I still need toon link if anyone can assist....

I can see if there are any left, but it wouldnt be until tomorrow since I'm working til 10pm tonight. I found him at the ToysRus near work, and if hes not there anymore I'll be swinging by the one near my apartment anyways.

EDIT: I'm not a smart guy so I dunno how to do it, but we should have a spreadsheet for people looking for whatever toy. Make it so you have to re-enter whatever you want again each week so people don't forget about it and you don't end up buying something they no longer looking for or the poster has gone inactive, and people wouldn't have to scour the thread on their phones to see who needs what.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 29, 2016

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Louisgod posted:

- 630509502195 Shatterstar

Yeah, what outfit though?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I still need toon link if anyone can assist....

OK toon link, get. I'll pm you when I get back to work.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Green Arrow's one of my favorites, so I picked up the unlicensed "Three Q Cities Ranger" figure that came out recently. It's based on season 1 Ollie on Arrow.

It's actually great. The quality on it is way higher than I expected, and it's a much better Stephen Amell than the crappy ones that claim to be a likeness on ebay.

Yeah, I'd leave the mask on personally: Outfit looks good.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

got any pics of the improved face?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Feenix posted:

Just got the Stage 4 for humanoid Figuarts stands because I read from people it worked well for the Tamashii Nations Star Wars figures but it kinda doesn't. Am I doing it wrong? I mean, yes I can make them stand up with the hook around the waist but only in poses they could already support themselves in solo. And anything off the ground is no go, it sinks the hinge down until its resting on solid ground again.

Anyone have any tips? (Preferably with keeping this stand set I just bought...)

not your preference, but if you have a heavier figure you could try the stage 5 next time. Its got a thicker arm that ratchets and is designed to hold figures up, like if you had Iron Man and you wanted it to look like hes flying horizontally. I have both kinds of stages and I use the 4 just for figures that need only for a little help standing up and the 5 for the heavier guys or action poses.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

My brother has a fabrikor and it's really nice, except it's not as tall as the detolf so I don't know if it'd hold very many tall figures like Hot Toys. He had a shop cut a mirror for the back so you don't see the wall behind it and that makes it look even nicer.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Well Captain Power is coming back. I have heard rumblings before but apparently they made a big announcement, and the trailer 'Pheonix Rising' looks just god awful. The show was total crap in the 80s (I have it on DVD) and the only thing really going for it was the toys that interact with the TV. I'm not sure what this will do to the resale price of the toys but I couldnt drag my feet on re-buying the jet just in case:
(not the one I bought)

EDIT: "Check your Power Points"

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Fuckin Doc Brown.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

From Sideshow:

God dammit my wallet is going to be hurting.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

ShimSham posted:

Rickhor on ebay

That's the only one I've ever ordered from him, but it's solid and I'm overall pleased with it. Only downside is the product ships from Malaysia so it takes a while to get to the States.

He's got a lot of other cloth items for Legends and BS figures, but that particular cloak isn't available at this time. I would check back regularly though or message him on ebay because sometimes he's just temporarily out of stock of a particular cloak but restocks a week or so later.

Nice. I saw the light blue cape for Taskmaster and ordered it, plus a white one to see if it looks better on him even though the inner color wouldnt be right obviously.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

A little while back someone posted in the panel thread some TMNT stuff (Mutanimals) I liked and that spiraled into me reading a bunch of Ninja Turtles comics. And then me preordering this:

I saw the preview stuff of Krang on toyark and hopefully I'll be off this trip by the time that hits.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

No rules about it but it's nice to post your stuff for sale here first then to SA Mart.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I have a re-release of the Dino Megazord (not the Legacy one, just the 2010 one) and I know it looks junky compared to that. Look how shiny that poo poo is. Can't justify the purchase though, too many other toys I want this year.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

USPS is usually pretty reliable for me, FEDEX being second best only because they sometimes deliver past the 8pm promised time. UPS is the bane of my existence. Always late, and they regularly pull that crap where they mark it delivered on the computer if they are running late even though they haven't actually delivered. They also love doing the 'sorry I missed you note' on the door, but they actually dropped it off at the 3rd party UPS store first and do the note after which makes no sense because they still have to stop and do the post-it. This has led to 1 of 2 packages being delivered, one I signed for, and the second saying nobody was home and the driver had to use the 3rd party store which boggled mine and the amazon customer service guy's mind how that works. Oh and it seems that if you order something small and light they deliver it end of day/last but if you order something big and heavy they drop that off ASAP probably to make the truck lighter and save money if thats of use to anyone.

If its small or it'll be delivered on my day off I'll send it to my apartment, if its something I really need I'll get it sent to an Amazon locker, if it can wait or its expensive or needs a signature I'll send it to my parent's house since my mom is almost always home.

The hoops we jump through.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Red posted:

New house is a townhouse with a porch, and most boxes either fit in the mailbox, or in between the storm door and front door. So we'll see how that goes, and maybe I can get rid of the PO box. My wife has ordered stuff that's sat out in the rain, though. That kind of blows my mind - if USPS comes while there's a downpour, they just leave it on the porch to get soaked. Even the paperboy uses plastic.

Have you thought about putting something on your porch specifically for the mailman to place your packages in/under so they are protected from the rain?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Friend shared a pic with me this morning.

OK who is that on Black Panther's neck? I feel like I should recognize him...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Apparently Amazon decided that in addition to refunding my bank account they would also credit my amazon account for the same amount (and oddly enough this is the second time they've done this) so I got a pretty hefty discount on this guy due to arrive Friday: