Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Vintersorg posted:

Hell yeah, new Ninja Turtle figures! :D

http://www.geekologie.com/2012/02/will-be-collecting-new-ninja-turtle-acti.php#more

Just came here to post this. Any word on a release date for these? They're loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Sort of cross posting from the DBZ thread...

I'm not sure whether you guys would be interested in these since manga is not strictly the same as comics, or if they've been discussed already but I just got my Bandai Figuarts Future Trunks figure, and let me tell you--it loving rocks. Future Trunks has always been a favorite of mine, and I've wanted a figure of him since I was a little kid, and by God does this toy deliver everything I could want.

It comes with both a standard and a super saiyan head, each with 4 different facial expressions you can swap out, for a total of 8 faces. It comes with seven different sets of hands in various positions, a removable scabbard for his sword, and even a tiny broken sword to fit into the scabbard or use to pretend Android 18 just broke it.

Overall, there's really nothing negative I could say about the figure. The painting is really great, zero bleeding or fading, the articulation is insane (I guess it would've been nice if he could hold his sword with both hands, but oh well), and the amount of stuff he comes with is pretty spectacular considering the super saiayan Goku figure only comes with one head and two faces and no other accessories besides his hands, and the detail is great. His little Capsule Corp logo is spot on, and he even has the treads on the bottom of his boots.

The other DBZ Figuarts toys are pretty great too, but they're all insanely expensive except SSJ1 Goku right now. I'd love the Comic-Con Gohan, Piccolo, and maybe Cell, but I can't justify $60-100 for each one. Trunks himself was around $45 and that was already stretching it for a toy, although I don't regret it.

From the looks of it, they're planning on releasing a standard (non SSJ) Goku with an absolutely perfect facial sculpt, so I might wait for that one.

edit: Pics!

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 30, 2013

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Yeah, S.H. Figuarts are THE poo poo. Once you go Figuarts, you never go back, etc etc.

I'm super hype for the Freeza that bluefin will be bringing stateside sometime this year. :)

I just want a standard Goku, though I'm sad it wont come with a SSJ head. I also think I'm going to need their Iron Man figure too.

Also, my birthday is this month so I'm asking some friends to get me the Figma Link and Samus. I saw those things running for over $180 sometimes, so $50 bucks is looking mighty sweet.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Ka0 posted:

Figma Link is OK but that Samus? not worth $100, not a chance.

Really? Samus was the more expensive of the two, actually. I'm curious why you think she's not worth it. I mean, I agree $100 is too much, but is there anything wrong with the figure? I guessed people liked Samus more between the two.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fish Of Doom posted:

Samus is great and is one of my favorite figures I own. The articulation is great, she comes with a bunch of beams and hands and a morphball. I wouldn't pay $100 for it, but if you're really into Metroid, it's worth the $50 or whatever BBTS wants for the preorder. I think I paid about that to import it last year and I think it's great. It's the Samus figure I've been waiting 20 years to get and is infinitely better than the Joyride figure.

Thanks! I can't wait to have this figure now after the praise. Too bad it wont be out for a while.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

The Rage posted:

Saw one this week too, I'll check Target again tomorrow and see if I can snag it for someone.

I'd be really interested in one. I've been searching for what feels like months for one in every Target and Toys R Us around me with no luck, but I don't want to spend $45 on one from Amazon/Ebay.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Djarum posted:

I've had the Samus for about 2 months now and I got the Link a week ago. Both are fantastic and I am really glad I got them both.

Ditto. The attention to detail, articulation, painting, and sculpts are all top notch. Well worth the price. Just waiting for Figma Pit now!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I'm pretty depressed. I seem to have lost the box that held my SH Figuarts Trunks figure's spare parts, meaning his other hands/faces and his sword. Cheapest I see a new figure going for on eBay is $100. I was going to change his display pose today and realized I couldn't find the box or any of the pieces. Super sad. :smith:

Maybe my local comic shop will have one. Do you guys know of anywhere else where I could find one for less than $100?

edit: Or just his spare parts, of course.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 1, 2014

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Is there a consensus on the best 6" scale Batman figure? I've seen a bunch at my local comic shop, but none that really scream "must have" like the recent Amazing Spider-Man sculpt.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Ffffff, I only want Rocket, Star Lord, and Groot, but you need all six. Ugh. I guess I can sell the other figures after I build Groot...how much do the BAFs go for on eBay usually? Do people sell individual parts?

Also, did Chris Pratt not give his consent for them to use his likeness or is the face sculpt just really bad? Gamora and Drax are similarly bad.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I have the classic D-Arts Mega Man, and though they're made by the same company, it seems the D-Arts are really inferior to the SH Figuarts. Mega Man's limbs are fairly tight and maneuverable, but his removeable hand parts are a pain to swap. I'm always afraid something is going to snap.

My SH Figuarts Trunks is amazing. Maybe not as good as my Figma Link or Samus, but still great. I'm waiting on Goku, and Naruto now. Got 'em both preordered.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

McSpanky posted:

On the one hand, I'd say it's worth it just for BTAS figures with actual goddamn articulation after all these years. But on the other hand, 3/5ths of them are the inferior TNBA designs for no good reason, especially Mr. Freeze who was just damned flawless in his original art deco mad science look. :sigh:

Relax, they're releasing both versions of some characters. I would imagine those who had exhaustive redesigns like Freeze (unlike Two Face) are most likely to get that treatment.

Also, I mostly prefer TNBA designs. :colbert:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Where'd you see this? I'm definitely holding out on some of the redesigned version figures (maybe with the exception of Batman, I kinda dig his redesign).

Here.

quote:

If you release a character from The New Batman Adventures Animated Series, does that mean you won’t be releasing the Batman: The Animated Series version of the character?

This question came up quite a bit internally before we announced the line. We debated the character designs from each series, but decided they were all so cool, we had to do both! The good news is that the answer to your question is no—releasing an action figure from one series doesn’t mean we won’t release the same character from the other series. The bad news is that we can’t give anything away yet with regards to which unannounced characters we have in the pipeline, but our hope is to create as many characters as we can from both great shows!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Dre2Dee2 posted:

New Star Wars action figures announced! Your thinking "So what, we have a million of those don't we?". That's true, however it's who's making them that makes this exciting. S.H. Figuarts is going to be putting them out, makers of the awesome Power Rangers/Kamen Rider/Godzilla toys, to name a few. This along with the Iron Man 3 Figuarts that are coming out... I'm just gonna be broke.

Welp, guess I can skip the Star Wars Black Vader, then. I have Boba and was only interested in getting Vader and Episode VI Luke, but I absolutely love my DBZ Figuarts, and they come with way more accessories and parts than the Black Series for only a bit more money. Only issue is whether they're going to scale these SH Figuarts appropriately. I know they're supposed to be 6'', but Vader's supposed to be extra tall. It'd be weird if he and Luke were the same height.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Duke Igthorn posted:

Properties I have less than zero interest in. I can't get decent Western superheroes but I can buy seven thousand different little girls or guys in motorcycle helmets or Sewer Urchin with a wine glass is what I'm saying. Stop being so literal.

Dude, the company is Japanese--they're going to primarily cater to the Japanese market. They're just now starting to make a few more Western properties. Give them some time.

Also, no one is forcing you to buy the scary anime girls and super sentai dudes. You could have just said you weren't interested in the current properties and left it at that, but you keep arguing like an entitled jerk.

Anyway, I just got the SH Figuarts Mario, and I'm honestly disappointed in it. Not as much articulation as I'd hoped and even though he comes with a couple accessories (mushroom, coin, ? Block) he doesn't have any alternate hands or faces. You can't even remove his hat! On the plus side, he's half as expensive (or more) than the other SH Figuarts I've bought, so I'm not too upset.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Found a ton of Agent Venoms and a Black Cat, but I don't think they're rare anymore, right?

No Star Wars figures, though. :-/

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Guys, my girlfriend figured it out. It's not Dennis Quaid or Tom Cruise...it's John Stamos. That's also clearly Dave Coulier wearing a Chewie costume. The Olsen Twins are gonna be ewoks. etc.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
For those of you into these guys:

Comicon Exclusive

:aaa:

December 2015

January 2016

:3:

:aaaaa:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

TaurusOxford posted:

Being revived...kicking and screaming. Turns out Frieza wasn't really trying when he first fought Goku and now Goku has to become Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan to win.

No i'm not joking.

It owns. Seriously. All the reviews of the new material (written by the series creator!) have been extremely positive. There's a new series premiering next month to complement the two feature films.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

NotAnArtist posted:

I'm probably in a very small minority opinion here but Brock's head looks... off. The Venom head looks rad, but Eddie's just looks weird.

lol Those are Absorbing Man's heads.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Gammatron 64 posted:

That head sculpt is ugly as hell. It looks just like the real Adam Driver!

(A friend of mine burst out laughing in the theater when Kylo Ren took his mask off and it was a golden moment)

Same. That loving pout he had on his face was ridiculous. It really took me out of the movie, unfortunately.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

boom boom boom posted:

Wonfes is happening

Is this SH Figuarts or Figma? I prefer Figuarts, but I'll take it either way.

He needs a grocery bag w/leek as his action accessory.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

This is not getting enough love. loving perfect.

That Marvel Legends Deadpool looks kinda assy. I'll wait for the Figma.

edit: Oh yeah, totally getting Terry, Ace, and Old Man Bruce. Day 1 purchase for sure.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
So there was the Amazing Spider-Man 2 Spidey (which I have), pizza-Spidey which is more comic accurate, and now there's ANOTHER 6-inch Spider-Man coming out with the Dormamu line? What's the point? That pizza-Spidey seemed drat near perfect. I didn't pick it up 'cause I like my Amazing Spider-Man 2 figure fine, but drat.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

This is one of the best toys I've ever bought. The Nendoroid style perfectly compliments Kirby's little body, and it's so fun and easy to swap out his little magnetic parts. He's just satisfying to pose, to play with, to look at...he's $42 for preorder on BBTS.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Travis343 posted:

His hemispheres unscrew from each other. There's videos of it floating around on Twitter.

Yeah. The seam isn't invisible, but it's barely noticeable. He's great!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What's the release date/MSRP for that Optimus? Any word on a Megatron?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
$108? Jesus Christ. How big is this? Standard 1:12 scale, or...?

That said, it looks really loving good.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Huh. That's pretty good then. The Maximals and Predacons are all kinds of screwy in regards to size compared to real animals anyway. loving Waspinator is like 7" tall, and Ratrap is short, but no where near the size of even a prehistoric rat. I can pretend Optimus is 9" tall because he's a loving robot gorilla rather than a real one.

Is any of this Optimus die-cast? :swoon:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Rhyno posted:

Amibos are such a head scratcher. They're not that cool or well made and yet people are literally punching each other in stores over them.

It was because of the rarity of certain figures early on. It was nearly impossible to find a Marth, Villager, or Wii Fit Trainer in the wild at first. Then others like Little Mac and Meta Knight continued that trend.

Now it's really easy to get any of them at, below or occasionally above MSRP. They're also the only ways to get a figure/merchandise of certain characters like Lucas, Ness, and the Fire Emblem people.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
My 8 and 12 year old nieces recognize Joker and Harley and I think they like Harley. I'm really hoping they only recognize her from that tween super hero girl school show and not from...that. I don't want my niece dressing like a trailer park hooker in a year. :ohdear:

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 14:08 on May 24, 2016

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The faces on Phoenix and Rogue from that wave are a little :downs:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
idgi what's wrong with that Legends Iceman? He looks fine to me.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Kakarot posted:

I need a pic because this is hard to believe

He's lying. Faces are bad.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Vintersorg posted:

So many Star Wars releases my GF will kill me.

C3PO and R2
Old Luke
Finn Trooper
Snowtrooper
Darth Vader

And so many more!

Where's Old Luke, now?! I need pics!

Also, please tell me it's not just lovely ol' Black Series, but an actual S.H. Figuarts one.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yeah, and it's projected to do really well opening weekend. It's very, very unlikely to bomb, or even fail. It'll be a moderate success at worst.

Anyway, the Joker is insanely popular, so I'm not surprised they're making this much merch. Keep in mind that just because they made 100 different toys, it doesn't mean they're mass producing each one. Each individual figure will probably be manufactured in smaller batches, aside from obviously popular brands like Pop! ones.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Because who wants a toy of a gross rapist watching them from their shelves?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I mean, I like Berserk, but having a Griffith is like buying the monster from a tentacle hentai movie. :shrug:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I mean, SH Figuarts are awesome and all, but what would make those any different from the other releases of the MMPR Megazord that have come out recently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Huh. Okay, well, awesome then.

How much do these sets usually run for?