Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

No Wave posted:

I hope going forwards rosario keeps his hat on forever.

M'ashiba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'll laugh if George had him get a haircut so he didn't have to detail all that the entire fight

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

A head tube flies off each time Mashiba hits him with a jab.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
When all his head tubes are gone he flashes red and you can damage him. After enough time passes or you knock him down, he puts the head tubes back on and you have to punch them off again.

e: vvv Yeah that's better. He puts his thumb in his mouth and blows and the tubes spring back up with an audible *POP*

Larry Cum Free fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 24, 2024

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Larry Cum Free posted:

When all his head tubes are gone he flashes red and you can damage him. After enough time passes or you knock him down, he puts the head tubes back on and you have to punch them off again.

No, they regrow

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 28 days!)

instead of his eyes glowing for his fighting spirit, his tubes glow

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

after knocking off all his tubes, he exposes his stomach. attack his weak point for massive damage.

riiiiiiiidge raceeeeeer!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
chapter 1447

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Did he change the hair because of the complaints?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Onmi posted:

Dude couldn't do his weight control properly and you think he had time to do his hair? That poo poo takes time.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

Would imagine that's just what it looks like when it's not... styled? however it normally is. Like instead of corn rows he makes hay bales :confused:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

How long is 2nd weight in?
Wasn’t takamura or someone like an ounce over and had to really push it to make it to 2nd weighting in an hour or something? 1.5 pounds over is wild

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

GateOfD posted:

How long is 2nd weight in?
Wasn’t takamura or someone like an ounce over and had to really push it to make it to 2nd weighting in an hour or something? 1.5 pounds over is wild
It's a question of how dehydrated you already are. If you've got a lot of liquid it's possible but Takamura was already very dehydrated at that point as I recall. A pound and a half is 24 ounces of water so the coach wasn't exaggerating when he says it was the water bottle.

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
hes gonna do the "towel trick"

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

trucutru posted:

Dude couldn't do his weight control properly and you think he had time to do his hair? That poo poo takes time.

There's like half a pound of product in that hair, he would have been over by even more if he had done it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

wtf happened to the hni-scantrad? Did they get pulled for some reason? All i see now for them is an error...

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

wtf happened to the hni-scantrad? Did they get pulled for some reason? All i see now for them is an error...

works on my machine

https://hni-scantrad.net/read/hajime-no-ippo/en/ch/1448#1

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Noooooo he has normal human hair

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

we can keep our hopes up that he will have the hair back up.

has to so they can have his hair go this way when he's beat in the last round

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I BELIEVE

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
So in this world we have iPhones, Twitter, and gang members wear fedoras

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Y'know aside from his first appearance Rosario mostly just seems kinda pathetic and sad.

Hope things turn around for him.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

its gonna be a lame parallel of how he's like Mashiba if he had no family or network of co-workers that actually end up supporting and caring about him.

still hope Mashiba sends him to the hospital though lol.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

parrallels are cool

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

GateOfD posted:

its gonna be a lame parallel of how he's like Mashiba if he had no family or network of co-workers that actually end up supporting and caring about him.

lame parallels? in MY Ippo? Never...

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

GateOfD posted:

Probably, but they are pretty focused on character development for Mashiba, so its not bad for a dick joke manga.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
He’s got no support network AND a tiny little toothpick dick

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

CharlestonJew posted:

He’s got no support network AND a tiny little toothpick dick

On the other hand, dick size is inversely correlated with actual sex-having in this series. Opposite can’t even comprehend sex, and Takamura strikes out constantly. It follows, therefore, that whenever Rosario isn’t on panel, he is boning.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

The Lord of Hats posted:

On the other hand, dick size is inversely correlated with actual sex-having in this series. Opposite can’t even comprehend sex, and Takamura strikes out constantly. It follows, therefore, that whenever Rosario isn’t on panel, he is boning.

That doesn’t track, Takamura has a teeny eeny weenie

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
isn't aoki the only confirmed sex haver in the entire series?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Jose posted:

isn't aoki the only confirmed sex haver in the entire series?
Takamura did way back in like the first 10 chapters. He was implied to sleep with women then stop contacting them. He got changed to just being an idiot because that was too mean.

Date was married, idk about others.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Kimura seems like he fucks. Aoki is the only one who seems to have a stable relationship though. I mean I guess Ippo and Kumi have a stable static relationship but they also can't agree they're a couple soooooo

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

one or two of the boxers ippo fought in the rookie tournament had a girlfriend

a lot of the enemy boxers from other countries commonly have girlfriends as their backstory or are sexhavers actually.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kimura seems like he fucks. Aoki is the only one who seems to have a stable relationship though. I mean I guess Ippo and Kumi have a stable static relationship but they also can't agree they're a couple soooooo
Idk I thought kimura was handsome but forever alone. Itagaki is supposed to be popular with girls his age tho.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

GateOfD posted:

a lot of the enemy boxers from other countries commonly have girlfriends as their backstory or are sexhavers actually.

I mean. I imagine the news that makes it way into English on the topic is skewed, but the picture being painted re: Japanese and having sex is that they aren't.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Sextro posted:

I mean. I imagine the news that makes it way into English on the topic is skewed, but the picture being painted re: Japanese and having sex is that they aren't.

It's all this boxing obsession robbing the bedroom of passion.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

kimura is a pedophile.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Lord of Hats posted:

How do you explains Itagaki's dad then? Confirmed sex-haver

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

trucutru posted:

How do you explains Itagaki's dad then? Confirmed sex-haver

Perhaps they adopted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Have you seen Itagaki and his dad? Mom got her cheeks clapped by a host club host.