Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://hni-scantrad.net/read/hajime-no-ippo/en/ch/1449

tube-hair fans rejoice, it's on the poster at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Aww, Mashiba was waiting for Ippo’s phone call

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think that might be the first outright friendly Ippo/Mashiba interaction? Like he gets "mad" about him meeting Kumi but then does the victory pose.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mashiba is my hero

I'm there at the arena, cheering him on

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The little fist in the air was cool, I love that poo poo

Mashiba rules

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yeah that was a sweet exchange between them both.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Ytlaya posted:

I think that might be the first outright friendly Ippo/Mashiba interaction? Like he gets "mad" about him meeting Kumi but then does the victory pose.

Progress!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I actually lost track. Mashiba thinks that if he wins he won't give his blessing to IppoXKumi, Ippo thinks that if he wins he will give his blessing?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 21, 2024

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

hey is mashiba giving death flags? i'm a little concerned for the guy.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

KidDynamite posted:

I was thinking that, but probably more lose/retire flags. This manga doesn't seem keen on killing anyone in the ring.

I always thought Mashiba was going to lose this. If everyone Ippo has beaten starts becoming world champions, it kinda cheapens the whole thing.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
People lining up to fight ippo in the hopes they get the poo poo beat out of them so they can be world champ

Edit: but also, wouldn't Mashiba winning the belt continue the theme of Ippo being The Velvet Underground of international boxing

Kunabomber fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 21, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
I think a bit before Mashiba was going on about how he took up boxing to provide for his little sister.
But she doesn't need that anymore, since she's an adult and has her own job to take care of herself. (shouldn't they move to a better apartment already)

So I think in the mid rounds where he's beat up, he's gonna be like "i don't need to box for kumi anymore..its fine if i lose"
but end up pulling a resolve where he realizes he does enjoy boxing and he's boxing for himself now. and gains some green eyes buff.

Also looking forward to him going "oh so this is what Ippo foresaw in the fight" for that sparring tip he did a few chapters back. and does the counter he prepared for that.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Lol they have the exact same match record

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Mashiba wins, says that Ippo can't date his sister until he's also a world champion....

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I hope all of Ippo's friends become champs

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Larry Cum Free posted:

I was thinking that, but probably more lose/retire flags. This manga doesn't seem keen on killing anyone in the ring.

I always thought Mashiba was going to lose this. If everyone Ippo has beaten starts becoming world champions, it kinda cheapens the whole thing.

the closest anyone got to dying in the ring it was the dirtiest fight in the entire series and the guy had a motorbike after the fact he survived

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mashiba loses to Rosario, and then Martinez Consumes Rosario, gaining his abilities. Because of this, Ippo can avenge Mashiba by defeating Martinez (who now carries within him the essence and abilities of Rosario).

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

KidDynamite posted:

Probably not, if anyone is getting fridged in the ring to spur Ippo on it would be Sendo.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Takes No Damage posted:

Probably not, if anyone is getting fridged in the ring to spur Ippo on it would be Sendo.

There's no rule saying they can't both die in the ring!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
fridge Miyata

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

GateOfD posted:

fridge Miyata

He'll fridge himself without the ring at the rate he's going.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Mashiba will lose and Kimura will then avenge him

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Takamura will finally lose his eye

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
Mashiba will win but suffer a career-ending injury

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Vizuyos posted:

Mashiba will win but suffer a career-ending injury

this is my guess too

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Mashiba will explode into a cloud of bloody mist after accidentally stubbing a toe on the ringside steps.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think he's going to win

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lamebot posted:

Mashiba will explode into a cloud of bloody mist after accidentally stubbing a toe on the ringside steps.

He will then reform into a man with the power to turn parts of his body into bloody mist. The ref rules this fair, since it is using his natural abilities.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The next one

https://mangadex.org/chapter/da14e6e8-4109-4acf-90c9-f14391b1c16e

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the insane hair is a better design decision. good job morikawa.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
George heard you, he has addressed your concerns

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

what they see is a man with elaborate curls, what we see is a man with flesh tubes on his head

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
It'd be funny if Mashiba popped them one by one like bubble wrap

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Now I'm seeing them as rollers in his hair, like an old woman with a rolling pin.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
I’m surprised he found a japanese salon that could do that hairstyle.

Lol, Sendo is one thing, but Miyata just straight up ignoring his old gym mates. Granted, it’s been years ago.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he looks like a JoJo character

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jose posted:

he looks like a JoJo character

“Behold my Stand Tubular Bells!”

*pop pop pop pop pop pop*

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

there was already a stand named tubular bells

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
chapter 1452

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Good thing he's taking a break after that massive 9 page chapter