Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

1069 Was really brutal and very well done. I liked this fight even though it dragged quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Am I getting this right? Ippo lost because he didn't believe in himself enough?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I liked the Gonzalez fight a lot aside from when Alfredo decided to stop boxing but at least it ended right.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It feels really weird that Ippo has to learn the basics of fighting a southpaw this far into his career.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hello friends. I saw that there were three new chapters of Hajime no Ippo released.

I was worried that Ippo was going to struggle against the southpaw so I was very relieved when he decided to just stop thinking, charge in, and punch the other guy. That is the sort of decisive action it takes to win in boxing.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Given that I have only followed Ippo for...months, I am excited to see where this goes in the story!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Those were some pretty good chapters.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I liked the Gonzalez fight.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

So I saw the translation for chapter 1216 and...I'm feeling a little nervous about possible story direction.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. Is Ippo gonna watch someone who should have stopped boxing like 5 fights ago get horribly injured in the ring? And will he respond to this by thinking "I must take up boxing again to honor his spirit."

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

We're up to chapter 1226 and we've come full circle with chapter 1.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Is there anywhere else to read this besides Mangastream?

Here you go. chapter 1226.

Enjoy acknowledgement that Ippo is a super masochist.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Fabricated posted:

You do know that all of this is just to get Ippo back in the ring right

he'll be a bad second, a bad recruiter, a bad mentor, but hey you can still beat people up good

Ippo has been a pretty good second so far though.

I was worried that they were setting up an early return with Hayami but we saw how that went.

I think it's pretty clear that we will get some nice arcs with Ippo training this new kid into a contender until he gets corrupted and Ippo has to fight him in a parking lot.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jul 2, 2018

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hajime no Ippo 1227 where Ippo is defeated by his dog. Also, it looks like the bully kid is more likely to start boxing so yes, it's time for Rocky 5.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Chapter 1228 is out.

Ippo discovers a genius!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

They do repeatedly say his name and show his face.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Chapter 1229 is out!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ignis posted:

Just thought to mention since it's kind of a big thing, but 1215 is officially the last chapter with I-O. Puar (uncredited on their scans, but who's been involved with the joint since it began) has been boggled down by real life like most responsible people, and oni (the tl) chose to wait for him. Mangastream decided to move on without them for the rest of the series.

I figure nobody will notice or care cuz who really cares about credits on illegal mangos, but it was my best friend's passion project for almost 15 years and I wanted to put that out somewhere for someone to read it, at least :unsmith:

Nah, it's good to know this. Mangastream is where I first started reading Ippo so your friend's work is what got me into it. So those translators have my appreciation.

On another note, Chapter 1230 has been translated. When cutting weight goes wrong!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

To be fair to Miyata, getting beaten like that certainly would make him feel closer to Ippo.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

1236 is translated and out. Gaze into the abyss.

A rather unsurprising return. Time for Ippo to get his first student.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Umezawa talking about bullying, given he was Ippo's bully in chapter 1, will never stop being funny.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Chapter 1238 is out. Chapter 1239 is supposed to follow shortly.

People seem to be thinking he cheats to get the 5 leaves.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

And we got 1239.

Shindragon posted:

I just wanna know whats the angle of this. Is Ippo this brain dead? Punch drunk? :v:

Is this gonna be just Ippo takes him down because dude is cleary using boxing so he can beat up kids later.

Teru ended up being a pretty cool guy so I'm really hoping that we don't get a Rocky V situation with Taihei just being a jerk.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 21, 2018

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ippo back in the ring in chapter 1240.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Wild Horses posted:

Ippo is finally gonna turn into Mike Tyson with a focus on dodging

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I think George has been pretty respectful so far. Hayami's return, despite being set up like something to inspire Ippo to FIGHTING SPIRIT through brain damage, went the complete opposite direction.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I really hope that crazy eyes doesn't betray Ippo's expectations. It's nice to have Ippo being an intelligent, competent person.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Taihei Gunn. I don't think grown man with brain damage Ippo should be fighting in a parking lot with a high schooler though so I think this is as Rocky 5 as it goes though.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Shindragon posted:

Goddamn it was basically Rocky 5. And welp i was wrong, I mean it was obvious but didn't think the writer would do it but yeah bully was using boxing so he can bully better. I want Ippo to kick that bully's rear end but I know he won't.

To be fair to Taihei, he's fighting other delinquents. He's so far kept his promise not to be a bully.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Taihei had a goal and worked quickly and efficiently to accomplish it. I can't fault him for doing that opposed to interminably spinning his wheels.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I was waiting for someone to post the spoilers. Good on you George for making a surprisingly compelling story.

My guess is either Taihei doesn't snitch or his oldest brother tells him not to snitch so Ippo doesn't go to prison.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 15, 2018

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

At least Japanese jails are pretty nice.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hey all, a new chapter of Ippo, 1246.

Aoki is really something if he didn't realize it was his brother even after seeing a drawing of him.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Merry Christmas.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

They turned out to be good eggs after all.

Goodbye Aoki's rear end.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm kind of shocked Mangastream caught up so quickly.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

If I recall correctly, Ippo went to a doctor.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I think a return is inevitable but I am pretty confident that Ippo will train Taihei and Kintaro first.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

MonsterEnvy posted:

Itagaki outright said that he thinks Ippo was right for stopping even if he would like to see him in the ring more. All the Kamogawa Gym people think he was right to stop, and they are the one who are the most in the know about Ippo's condition.

I think some of you guys were missing what was being said in the chapter.

Honestly, looking back at me writing that I think a return is inevitable, maybe I was missing the point. Ippo's retirement will always be bitter and painful but he's been resolute in it. He doesn't want to be like Hayami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Iga vs. Mashiba should be an interesting fight.