Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

DamnGlitch posted:

Holy poo poo, has something exciting loving happened?!?!

Is Zale the American GI Coach fought in the war? That would be so loving cool if that were the case. Also, for all the impending faggotry of the match if this is true it'll be the first time I've really be excited to see what comes next in ippo in a long time.

Zale's identity hasn't been a secret. A little hard to catch, but it was revealed during the Kamogowa flashback hundreds of chapters ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
where are you guys getting the new chapters? neither 788 or 789 are up on onemanga and I can't find them with google.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Takes No Damage posted:

He's drawing a bunch of stuff differently now. Since he stopped giving everyone Rob Liefeld proportions they've all developed giraffe necks instead.

personally I wish he would stop drawing elbows as if their bones were about to poke through their skin

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
great, I hope he never reappears

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
kumi on the cover: aaaahhhh what the gently caress happened to my hands they are tiny

why does the anatomy in this manga bother me so much. why?

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
I guess I was okay with the whole GHOST IPPO crap from previous fights, but seriously what the gently caress is this. Stomping ghost butts?

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
I can't help being reminded of buttlord gt when reading this poo poo.

"They could fight any week now...."

"Holy poo poo, it's almost like something is happening?!?"

"Prepare for my ludicrously long power up. Hope you brought your sleeping bags"

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
This is terrible. Reading this makes me want to die.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
I'm pretty certain the last twentysomething chapters were all for the sake of making a huge point that counters can't beat Ippo. A while back we saw Miyata basically saying "I could beat Ippo with a counter, I'm the only one with the guts and skill to do it." Now we see that even though Ippo took a full on counter from some big dude square in the face, one that even Miyata said was "perfect", and ippo just hops back up and loving destroys him. Basically this is nothing but an extension of the whole Ippo vs Miyata thing, and now Miyata is probably going to be making GBS threads himself in disbelief.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
So I'm assuming that at the end Ippo actually forgot Kazuto's name, it's not some weird Japanese pronunciation thing?

Welp, it's all downhill from here I guess.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

WickedIcon posted:

Is it even possible to get into this manga? It seems pretty much insurmountable.

Skip all the actual boxing matches and you're left with a really good gag manga.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

WeaponBoy posted:

Yeah, I'm enjoying it because it's throwing occasional curveballs, but I'm seeing major Ippo flashbacks there (big guy, long arms, uses Flicker jab; super awesome douchebag instinctive fighter, gives no fucks). I want to think the author can do it well, but I keep thinking it's going to be more of the same eventually. On the upside, the translators have been on a roll for the last few weeks and it has been updating almost daily.

Yeah I just realized that the new dark-skinned guy in RRR is basically Takamaru, except not nearly as funny so far.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
If the fight takes 10 chapters total then that's not too horrible. What really pisses me off is that Aoki and Kimura's fights are going to be far shorter.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
gently caress this trash.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Fabricated posted:

Vorg didn't change weight classes did he? If not we get to see him get his poo poo pushed in by Ricardo.

Nope, he moved up to Jr. Lightweight. I'm glad, since I like Vorg and don't want to see him destroyed just to motivate ippo or something.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
I guess another 500 chapters hyping the Miyata rematch.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

trucutru posted:

Why does everybody and their dog have to travel to Japan to fight Ippo? Jesus, talk about the world coming to you... with Machismo in its heart.

I'm afraid that Ippo is going to conquer the world in two fights.

Yeah but now that there are roughly ten major boxing protagonists in this manga, we can't give them all a bunch of fights, unless we want to be reading this for another 20 years.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Ippo's fight is actually going to turn into Shining Gundam vs Tequila Gundam as the series segues into Mobile Fighter G Gundam.

Seriously unsure whether tequila gundam was actually a thing or not...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The gently caress is Ippo surprised for? I feel like we've see this changeup chopping right to right upper somewhere else before.

Yeah I definitely remember seeing the exact same tactic used in a previous fight. I think it was actually Mashiba too.