Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
There's a lot of things i don't like about this manga.

But then again there are things like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

This manga is one long, relentless dick joke.

He is loving it

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

this is me reading the recent chapters ----->

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Sendo is just as bad whenever there's even the slightest chance of him punching Ippo in the face.
Considering how the romance subplot has been going i feel this is a completely normal urge.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

I think i'll start rereading this and hoping the last few fights never happen.

This poo poo is starting to get worse than Baki (Which, based on a few chapters seems to consist of revealing ULTIMATE MOVES to each other, homoerotic posing and looking like :smug:)

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

I just wonder, what will happen after this godawful Woli arc?
NO YOU'RE NOT READY FOR THE WORLD STAGE YET YOU NEED TO FACE YET ANOTHER STUPID GIMMICK he's real good and was raised by kangaroos

And in that matter what if all of the world rankers are one horrible gimmick after another ala Punch Out?

page not found posted:

There are only a few points in Kenichi where I thought the fights were absolutely incredible. Most of Ippo is on that incredible caliber, for reference. Kenichi usually his full stride nearing the end of major arcs when the poo poo typically hits the fan :v:
Kenichi is funny because it's all about the heroes training endlessly to learn The Move Of The Week and then the masters occasionally come along to say gently caress you to all laws of physics and punch out sharks.

George Rouncewell fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 13, 2010

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Jedah posted:

Well, if y'all still care at this point, chapter 885 is translated: http://ippo-online.confusticated.com/
If that Woli comment with the stool is supposed to be foreshadowing, then this is even worse than I imagined. No way those lame body blows have done any real damage, not buying it.
Hahah holy poo poo brace for deus ex machina

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Chinaman7000 posted:

I feel like Ippo is the perfect example of the flaws of shonen. Even a great, pure, simple story like Ippo's gets dragged out and repeated ad nauseum, and it's hard to imagine anyone getting excited about hitting the reset button Ippo's progress before every match and making him the UP AND COMING CHALLENGER.
We also need more Aokimura and drag them out of comedy relief duty.
Kimura vs Mashiba was seriously one of the best fights in the series.

On other news, i started reading Baki again, jumped forward a few chapters and what do i get?

Insanity. That's what i get.

I admit, the old karate guy punching out a villain with the stump of his hand was pretty cool but this is pretty much the weirdest loving thing i've ever read

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Coitus_Interruptus posted:

If your hungry for a sports manga that hasn't gotten brutally loving retarded try this http://www.mangafox.com/manga/all_rounder_meguru/
Thanks, this is fantastic!

It's even better when you can relate to the beginning. :buddy:
"Hey, i know you just started but we gonna put you inna match!"
"What"
*Gets repeatedly obliterated in the ring*

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Next chapter:

THE END

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Hahaha, what the gently caress. This is going to be the lamest win ever.
Ippo truly is a rising star on the world stage, bringing the Fujita Fight System into the boxing world.

If you don't want to read the article, here's the main points:

1. Receive beating until opponent falls asleep.
2. Maul opponent’s unconscious body.
3. Realize that the celebration banana was a trick and that you’ve once again been led into a cage for safe transport.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

FiftySeven posted:

This is pretty interesting although I could have sworn read it somewhere befo...

Oh, one page ago.
I am a dumbs :saddowns:

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

After accidentally killing an younger opponent in the ring, Ippo Makenouchi suffers a period of depression and withdraws from professional boxing.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

This poo poo could have been perfectly plausible if Ippo had actually , y'know, PUNCHED Woli instead of just gently placing his fist at his side.

Magic samurai power apparently only manifests when you do something retarded while getting the everliving poo poo kicked out of you :argh:

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

This thing is weirdly infuriating.
It seems that the general message is "Karate is superior and if you do something else there's something very wrong with you"
Every other kind of martial arts is useless, and if you know Brazilian jujitsu you must be a gay rapist.

And they still recruit the rapist wtf

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

894 would have been pretty good if it had come something like 4 chapters earlier.

At least Ippo blocked that FINAL DESPERATE HOOK

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Calling it now, Itagaki is putting the bar too high and thus he will gently caress up horribly.

But whatever happens give us more Aokimura :argh:

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

I hope we'll see more Takamura rising through the weight classes soon.

Because i'm so very sure that the heavyweight champ will be some kind of Nikolai Valujev expy. And it will be AWESOME

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

tazman posted:

I don't think anyone cares when Takamura god modes his way through fights because they're so drat entertaining. That and the fact he's so smug it goes past annoyance into hilarity.

Ippo wins by godmode, spends week in hospital and is all "Im still not strong wah" afterwards.

Takamura wins by godmode, declares he will give his sperm to all the women in japan and then go to be smug as gently caress on television.
He also ordered a bronze statue of himself BEFORE he fought for the world title.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Jedah posted:

In all seriousness, a Takamura "revenge" arc is EXACTLY what this manga needs. Few things in the story were better than Takamura's pure hatred/frustration/and the consequent build-up for battling Bryan Hawk. Takamura hasn't done anything too interesting in a long time.
Imo the high points of the whole manga was Takamura's world title fight, Kimura vs Mashiba and the Kamogawa flashback.

All of which where only tangentially ippo-related

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Motherfucker just phased out.

This is the end of the manga for me. Itagaki just became so fast he sundered the world. Cue the ending montage.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

tazman posted:

My god we're all such battered wives. We complain about this poo poo every week but we'll keep coming back for more because we LOVE HIM SO MUCH and he DIDN'T ALWAYS USE TO BE THIS WAY.
H-He can change :qq:

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Nilbop posted:

This weakness had better be loving amazing.

I'm calling it, it's just a big goddamn bluff.

He's trying to psych Ippo into expecting some crazy rear end strategy and then just punch him really really hard (it almost works but then burning shounen spirit prevails)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Ok, so what is a gimmick that someone hasn't used yet?

There might be some straight body punches because i don't think anyone's used those yet in any effect.