Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008
and if you didn't know.... NOW YOU KNOW - Christian Cage
Feeling alot of hate from this thread. I'm enjoying the manga more than any others I'm reading at the moment. I think the whole Miguel Zale> Bryan Hawk > Takamura > Ippo connection should be pretty interesting in the long haul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008

Leonard Leroy posted:

You know what would be hilarious?

Woli gets robbed on the scorecards.

Would it create a situation where Ippo was no longer in favor as champion, and he has to take a step back and build himself up again? Sounds a little too interesting for the current state of this manga. I'm also not sure why you spoiled that.

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008

Chinaman7000 posted:

Then the series climaxes in a 2v2 fight involving Ippo and Takamura vs. some awesome dudes I can't think of, but are awesome and not lame cliches or racial stereotypes.

After the fight Ippo is conscripted to the army, after refusing to go because of his love of boxing and his FIGHTING SPIRIT. He is sent to jail for 5 years.

Then we get a chapter fade, and the manga starts up again with Ippo five years older ready to take on the World stage as an hardened prisoner with his new move, the Shiv.

Lets see them counter him now.

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008

KidDynamite posted:

RRR is so good!!

I like it, it's kinda realistic even if it is also not very realistic at all. I just wish more chapters would be subbed.