Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

woli's loving toast lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ippo's gonna million dollar baby woli

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I will defeat Ricardo.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I want Ricardo to beat the poo poo out of Woli but he has to use effort to do so, and Ippo picks up on this but doesn't actually learn anything concrete from the ringside and starts to question if he's hitting his upper limit on the amount he can learn as a second

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

trucutru posted:

Why do that when Ippo can fight Che Guevara himself?

he has to fight Big Boss and a skunk ape first

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ricardo will turn away from woli, revealing his back muscles to be in the shape of a demon's face

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

wally is going to dive head first at ricardo again and he's going to eat a loving knee

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah recent chapters suggest otherwise

at least some punches were thrown lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hajime? no ippo!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

my dislike of woli has almost nothing to do with his disregard for the sanctity of honest boxing

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

me

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

gedo was cool when you could power through it. I can understand how maddening it must have been to have weeks of "how is he punching so far!" only for it to be revealed that his glove was a little loose lmao

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

tunnel vision on the dempsey roll became a problem later sure, but it's not like he used it all the time, and besides he was like a dozen pro fights in before he discovered it anyway

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

they're going to square up in a big epic full-page shot and the next panel is going to be everyone huddled around wally's casket being lowered into the ground

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

mashiba

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

RIP warlee

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

he's gonna get him with the lookaway

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hell yes more mashiba

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

can't wait to see mashiba gently caress this idiot up

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

~558, it's the eagle fight I think

technically the anime ends with the kamogawa flashback tho which happens earlier in the manga

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

love it, no notes

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Nice
!!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hell yes sendo

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

sendo's going to be asking ippo to hold up his feeding tube for the rest of his life here in a bit

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

he was right

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm vaguely remembering maybe halfway that early on in the manga it was said that takamura was kept in a lower weight class because he would barely have anyone to fight otherwise, as he's a pretty big guy naturally. kamogawa probably figured that the lower weight class fights against people who were top-tier in that weight class was better for his development.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

no i think I remember that too

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ippo had bowling balls around his wrists this entire time

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah it's one of the more unique ones for sure. It's kind of annoying how long it's taking but I get what George is doing, he wants to shop Ippo around to all of the other important characters so everyone knows he's ready to get back in, and therefor Ippo himself won't be able to deny it.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 4, 2023

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that was a legit technique back in the day before gloves where you'd only have to do it like once because the other guy's hands would shatter lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

no there's a written test too

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this rocks

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

one important development in the "everyone realizing that ippo is fit to fight again until Ippo himself does" storyline that has to happen is that he's got to absolutely get dumpstered by something, so that everyone can understand that he can take hits real good and get back up again too. Maybe Mashiba just floors him here lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah same

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this rocks

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it's loving takamura

it's always that loving guy

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this fight rocks so far good intro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Vizuyos posted:

I think it's a fair point that it doesn't need to show every single thing that happens onscreen, especially for the side characters

If Morikawa suddenly decided one day that he really wants to rush an end to Ippo, he could easily just timeskip past a bunch of stuff and just briefly cover Sendou's and Takamura's fights during that period as a quick recap/flashback that mostly just focuses on the result.

imagining all of this "will or won't ippo return the ring" buildup ending with a time jump to ippo becoming world champ that skips his returning fight/miyata fight and then just ends the manga, and loling angrily