Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SirDan3k posted:

"I felt something inside him I knew that i couldn't let him go on to face Ricardo!"

Maybe because he'd get literally killed? No, something something niphon burning spirit something

Maybe Ricardo actually is a huge pussy. An absurdly fast, clever glass jaw. One Ippo punch could obliterate his soul, or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TriffTshngo posted:

Somebody's talkin' poo poo about Mashiba?

So awesome. Never change, Mashiba. One of the few instances of "I beat this guy, and now we're friends!" where actually no, there is no friendship and he hasn't magically become a good person. Mashiba rules.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Takamura is only better in the anime. His voice is perfect. His actor also playing Tora in Ushio & Tora knocks it out of the park.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I thought it would take a lot to make me hate a Takamura fight.

Took less than I thought.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
More chapters up on Mangastream.

Time to hang it up, George.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jose posted:

if anyone wants to watch 2 boxers close to ippo's weight fight like he does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHkX6v6L8kM

jesus christ. However much they made wasn't enough. :stare:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think the coach dying could be what sends ippo over the edge. Which is dumb, but progress is progress I guess.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Is this manga going to end with Takamura coaching Ippo against world rankers? I'm assuming so.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Takamura is going to break before Ippo, is kinda where I'm thinking it's going. He's going to be the one to fuel Ippo's monstrous fire on the world stage.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Win the world championship or kiss the goddamn girl, Ippo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

tbp posted:

Kumi is a babe IMO

So many gorgeous women interested in Ippo, before learning of his beast underneath.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hajime no Ippo: 10% of the series dedicated to fights, 40% dedicated to dick jokes, 50% dedicated to onlookers wasting entire chapters talking about nothing

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ippo is going to murder a person.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't think it's drain bamage in this case, but win or lose the coach is going to tear Ippo apart for being so friggin idiotic in this fight. Ippo thinks he only has the coach to fight for, so he's just approaching this fight only for his sake.

Maybe the coach gets hospitalized after this fight. They've been teasing that long enough at this point.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think I'm going to dempsey roll you.:stare:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Another new chapter.

Nothing happens!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Let's take a minute to appreciate "Tumbling Dice," one of Ippo's OPs.

Still loving great.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If we get "crossed the line" Monster Ippo after all these shenanigans I suppose it'll all be worth it. Otherwise I'm really not sure where this series is going.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's really at the point where Ippo has to call it quits or just build up some sort of edge, cause his milquetoast "gee golly I gotta barf up brain cells cause coach believes in me" is just getting sad. He's never going to be Takamura, but he could at least get angry instead of whiny when things take a bad turn in the ring.

Little kid Ippo is dying in the ring at this rate, no matter what happens.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hmph. Well, we'll see!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wouldn't call an ending like this Bleach-esque. It's certainly not a happy ending, but at least you have visual confirmation as to how it happened, as opposed to "Let's just assume the main character actually DID beat the big bad and move on, shall we?"

Ippo got a fist in his facehole.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I guess it's just time to place our bets:

Is this series going to end badly? Was jungle punch man really the kiss of death for the series? Will Ippo's elephant never again roam free in the light of day???

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I genuinely wonder if Takamura won't be angry with the coach to an extent. I get why he was giving Ippo poo poo, since he's known Kamogawa longer and they've a similar bond, but I do wonder if Takamura isn't irritated that the towel wasn't thrown.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh god dammit, I can already see her falling into the same trap as Ippo's mom. Kumi might actually relent on that, and that suckssssss.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I went back and read Takamura vs Hawk.

So good. What happened?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:rip: Ippo I can't believe his head exploded

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Makunouchi "Aaron Hernandez" Ippo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I find it entirely likely that realizing there are things outside of boxing is exactly what's going to turn Ippo into a monster. He had no idea how insane his life was, looking from the outside in. If he goes back to boxing, he's going back in voluntarily making the choice the shun everything else out again. He's going to have a better understanding of the sacrifice he's making beyond "my brains get all piggly wiggly sometimes.:downs:"

I guess, to put it another way: it's super easy to have tunnel vision when all you've ever seen is a tunnel.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Prepare yourselves for 1000 chapters of Ippo as a second, and then another 1000 chapters of Ippo coming out of retirement.

Martinez will still be the champ.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Toshimo posted:

Remember when there was a cheating bully and Mashiba went and Tyrannosaurus Rekt his poo poo so loving bad he smashed his motorcycle into oncoming traffic and got brain damaged all to hell?

That was some good Morikawa.

I always forget this and I always laugh my rear end off when I remember it again. Jesus what a ride that was.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jesus loving christ ippo what the hell

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

tbp posted:

prediction:

ippo goes to jail, and the coach slips him lessons about the basics of boxing periodically which ippo practice. btw everyone forgets hes the former #5 in the world or whatever. ippo becomes rowdy and starts trying to break out of jail, and also becomes roughly ten years younger, and a different boxer who is in jail stops him, starting a rivalry between the two which is settled outside the prison in a magnificent bout

:hmmyes:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Taihei is actually dead and the series is better for it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hate how plausible it is. I'm not ready for that reveal.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ippo you glorious moron. Your brain is definitely broken.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:hai:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think Mashiba is going to absolutely dismantle this dude. It should be enjoyable.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Notorious ZSB posted:

That was one of the best fights in ages. It didn't drag on the action was top notch and it was great to see mashiba show what he's evolved into.

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's really fun to think of what Kamogawa's career would be if he didn't have three giant boxing beasts walk into his open arms. Takamura doesnt need a ton of coaching, Miyata was destined for greatness no matter who he trained under, and Ippo literally headbutt against a brick wall repeatedly to win and defend a championship.

It would be an absolutely awful coaching career.