Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Serious Frolicking posted:

Kamogawa's entire training repertoire is teaching the basics and talking about japanese spirit.

Even though he has admitted that doing just that destroys boxers with shocking frequency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Finally started to read RRR. Also finished what is out of RRR. This is the best single-dad punchsport manga ever.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Rename this one and redo the op? General punchsport manga thread? I know Zorak prefers less megathreads, but these mangas have pretty slow discussion.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Kweh posted:

Hey man feel free to make a new thread, I don't actually read many sports manga, I originally :effort: made this so people would stop posting about manga spoilers in the Ippo anime thread.

Guess I'll toss an op together if anyone else thinks its a good idea. Dunno if it should be a sports or martial arts/punchsport thread though.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Mystic Mongol posted:

Speaking of RRR...

http://www.mangareader.net/rrr/79

OH GOD EVERYONE IN THAT CROSSWALK BETTER BE FINE :gonk:

Iwamaki's next opponent is basically Ippo.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Reis posted:

So is Volg supposed to be fighting a Floyd Mayweather Jr. stand-in?

I would totally be hyped for a string of fights against various more recent boxers. Or rather very obvious stand ins. Ippo needs to face a mini–Tyson. Or Takamura face a klitschko.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Ghost ippo is going to reappear and add to the feints vorg is able to throw.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Ippo is going to defeat this next guy and then Martinez incredibly quickly and we'll all think the manga is going to end because its suddenly so rushed. Then immediately with Ippo's victory over Martinez (which was super-vicious and makes the Martinez/Date fight look tame) the POV switches to Miyata again. Miyata suffers a setback and ends up having to climb back up to a place he could challenge Ippo from (probably the other featherweight world belt). All the while this goes on Ippo becomes even more of a monstrous champion than Martinez was, completely destroying opponents and forcing more than a few to retire. Then Miyata eventually challenges and draws with Ippo who then falls to the mat, dead.

It would then be revealed that the Martinez fight had rendered Ippo partially brain dead and Kamogawa was just going all out with using Ippo's face as a weapon and his tendency to be a better boxer while unconscious.

E: Basically Kamogawa is awful and he should become a villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Does this mean we get to see vorg animated again? He is literally the best.