Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Kamogawa gonna die of old age/disease and his dying wish is gonna be for ippo to get back in the ring because that's where he belongs. Ippo, now free from the shackles of kamogawa's outdated coaching and boxing philosophy finally makes progress. Not sure how the miyata kumi love triangle plays out

I'm still banking on Miyata dying from trying to maintain featherweight to be what gets Ippo back in the ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

MonsterEnvy posted:

He just has not seemed to have recovered from his Championship loss.

I still wonder if the issue is HIS loss, or Ippo's losses/retirement. He might have the Miyata problem.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I also don't think there's ever been a decision win that hasn't been met with resounding boos from the audience in Ippo.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
This manga is not getting finished.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

GateOfD posted:

have ippo and itakagi never even sparred?

Do you count the first day Itagaki came to the gym?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIMcrsVmEDk

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

GateOfD posted:

what weight class is mashiba suppose to be in now

The wiki says he's Lightweight.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

GateOfD posted:

fridge Miyata

He'll fridge himself without the ring at the rate he's going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Flesnolk posted:

He should wrap the series for his health's sake and focus on his boxing gym imo, or maybe so many notable recent mangaka deaths have me spooked

I mean even if that was his goal, there's still way too much to do for any sort of speedy wrap-up. Takamura still needs three more weight class title wins (and that's ignoring title defenses), Sendo has his title shot with Martinez, you still got Miyata who seems depressingly content to just stay as a regional featherweight champion than just accepting he can't fight Ippo and get a world title in a weight class that won't kill him, and then you have whatever plan there is for Ippo.