Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Am I alone in hoping Wally gets fatally injured?
Like the stuff he's doing doesn't look like boxing at all, and its frustrating how the manga treats it as legit things that would be allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Wally just the jobber to hype up Sendo's match in the end.
Is he gonna do a demsey roll smash?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*

Larry Cum Free posted:

Has Sendo ever fought with a coherent strategy other than "gently caress this guy, I'm going to punch even harder then"?

nope, Sendo's gonna see the smash fail and instead of thinking of something else, he just train up an upgraded smash.

I'm disappointed that Ippo is so silent this match at ringside, I guess he isn't the real coach of Wally, but he's given really good advice before.
I hope during the Sendo match, Sendo requests Ippo's assistance as well, and he struggles, but Ippo starts giving him some words and it actually really makes him put up a crazy close fight against Ricardo, but still lose obviously.

Then maybe ippo can come back in 5 more years of stalling...

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Wally already alluded to quitting boxing soon anyway so that was a death flag

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Guess we have to wait another whole year of chapters for Sendo to also get killed.
And then Vorg too? Before Ippo comes back

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
is it about time for another boring Miyata solo adventures arc

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*

Stairmaster posted:

he is also gonna fight ricardo

Just have a 3v1,
Sendo, Miyata and Volg all fight him at the same time.
He still beats them.

Ippo then finally decides to come back

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
do you think Miyata sleeps with an Ippo dakimakura

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Sendo is going to win.

and then wake up in the hospital
he was knocked out by round 1, and the rest of the match was all in his head

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
War Lee

why did the announcer say buenas noches and sayonara

Warlee isn't japanese

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
It’s gonna be their first time and Kumi sees Ippo’s heavyweight attachment and go “you know what, you should go back to boxing”

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
its like going toe to toe for 1minute vs. base form frieza during the namek arc.

then get killed instantly by final form frieza

no, its not the same

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
retirement arc be good if ippo had a serious disciple instead of the comic relief kunckleheads

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
maybe ippo will go back when takamura gets actual brain damage, and coach finds out he has 6 months to live, and he's the only hope left to give coach one final memory

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
can't believe how many panels they wasted on the dog vs cat fight.
i bet Morikawa thinks he's being hilarious

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
you can tell he really wanted to do a bigger penis joke in this chapter, but his editor got in the way or he ran out of time

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
WOW, what a total filler of a chapter.
If the author wanted to break, just say so...

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
usually the poo poo is of higher quality

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Remember the sparring hype when Wally copied Sendo and Volg’s moves and it’s oh man he’s gonna use all these techniques against Ricardo or try to copy him!

Actual match: he just jumps around like an idiot the whole match and gets destroyed without doing anything other than regular punching attempts

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
i'm ready for a new ippo going into new matches and instead of face-tanking every hit like he usually does

just outright starts parrying/catching every punch and counterpunching everyone, and everyone just starts sweating bullets

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
pray for the random phillipine or thai or other SEA boxer that will be sacrificed on ippo's return match.

he just wanted some fight money to buy water for his village ippo, and you killed him!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Sendo after his fight with Ricardo

"Well, he hasn't fought me twice.." *falls to the ground*

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Remember when Itagaki was still a character?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
pretty sure Morikawa would have penis jokes in every chapter, but his editor gets in his way.
and they reached a compromise that he's allowed one or two jokes every 10 chapters

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
always forget that Aoki is somehow near the top of his weightclass in japan. But then again, maybe that doesn't even mean much.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Mashiba should special request Ippo to be his second. Would be interesting.

Didn't a random tip from Ippo a while ago actually turned out to be very useful to him in his previous fight.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
they needed to have Ippo actually do something at Wally's ringside instead of spazzing out.

but thinking about it, he isn't that close to wally, he just fought him once. Maybe with Mashiba or Sendo, he would be more vocal.
As much as I don't care about the 3 newbies who i don't even remember the name of, would like Ippo to be like their actual trainer and second in their first newbie pro matches

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
The first half with the boxer is so silly lol. He really is a jojo character.

*gasp* actual romantic tension in 2nd half

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
is Mashiba coming to Ippo for help with his match? :O

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
I think Mashiba is just waiting for Ippo to man up and say to his face that he's gonna take care of Kumi so he doesn't have to worry anymore.
Course, she has her own career and an adult now, so she's not a little kid anymore, but Mashiba probably still has in his head that he still needs to protect her.

Have it be the thing holding him back from going full reaper. Won't unload fully because if he gets injured, 'who will look after kumi'
so he just needs to hear that Ippo will take care of it so he can limit off against the Jojo guy.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
turns out Miyata never existed, it was just a figment of Ippo's imagination

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
we need to see raman aoki again

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
How much does the loser of the match get

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
"Masiba, if you win the world champ title, i'm gonna marry Kumi"

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
what chapter did the last anime season ended on?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
its one hit because mashiba did a flicker fist slam

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
everything i ever wanted to happen in the next chapter, happened

omg so many kumi faces

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 23, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
rare sighting of Itagaki's sister

godamn, ippo still holding a massive grudge from so long ago? lol. That was a really angry face there on ippo.
I do like this current mashiba. that also realizes he does love boxing deep down

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 31, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
ROFL, trying to punch up 8 weight classes above is ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
wish Mashiba asked Ippo to be his second.

and Sendo too.