Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 17 days!)

the parry into counter was so sick.
when ippo gets back, just have him destroy random sacrificial SEA boxers for about 300 chapters to ride the hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

lol @ random Miyata

does Miyata and Sendo even know eachother

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

this miyata character seems interesting
wonder if he will turn out to be a rival for ippo.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

how does he still have all those belts if he switched weight classes so many times

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Ippo really needs to go with Miyata and help Sendo analysis his sparring, goddamn

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

if they're gonna drag Coach Ippo for this long, at least give him a real student to mold instead of the 2-3 kunckleheads that barely have any lines and bring one to Japanese Champion, it would actually match the trill of early ippo matches since it be going back to that kind of energy.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Great chapter

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the opponent is totally gonna make a comment about his sister multiple times in the match

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

just about all the rookies ippo beat got a glass jaw now

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I think Takamura would have done as good with any coach, he's just so OP in every aspect naturally. He spends most of his weight control and training on his own and pilgrimages for 90% of his screentime when its not dick joke time

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestonJew posted:

Next chapter: Ippo becomes a southpaw

would not be surprised at all if they call upon Ippo as the closest thing they could find as a sparring partner, and to 'help out as best as he can', he just starts sparring south paw, and it's another bag of tricks Retired Ippo managed to train up from his coaching exp. and actually able to push Mashiba with it.

The chapter was pretty neat. Especially with the bit where Mashiba actually didn't wanna fight THAT dirty against Miyata, but he got pushed hard enough and 'that guy' took over. And the shadow of that guy getting punched up by Ippo lol.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

agreed, I can get why Ippo isn't coaching him, because his style is totally different from Itagakis, but remember that he was the one Ippo passed the baton to? I guess that part was forgotten.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i think both Volg and Sendo were unhappy about the biased decision and wish it ended in KO, even if they were the one that would have hit the mat.

Do you think the gym is paying Ippo to coach? They never bring up money much, but I can see Ippo just going there coaching and helping for free..or if he actually pays the regular gym membership fees after he retired. I assume after he went pro, the gym sponsors him + gets a cut of earnings.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

for the anime, one of the little details that I notice that I think alot of people don't see.

I think early on, one of his teachers or guidance counelser? comes to watch a match, and they show him in the crowd.

After that, they constantly have him in the crowd in a bunch of ippo's future matches along with the generic mobs.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Get into the ring, ippo!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

he's gonna be able to do it because its not "i'm in a match doing it" ippo, its modern "i need to help him out" ippo that's able to study just a video and totally copy and analyze both fighter's style

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

hoping ippo tops volg's moment when he started throwing out counterpunchs and volgs is like 'wtf ippo doesn't do this kind of stuff'

have ippo throw a white fang at mashiba or something

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

it just means he's gonna keep writing it till he dies pretty much. Doesn't sound like he has plans to do anything else.

So I guess after he helps Mashiba. He's gonna help Sendo as his sparring partner.

then finally Miyata.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Ippo 30 years from now.

"wow, can't believe Aoki became the world champion. Thought the series jumped the shark after Takamura got hit by a truck, and Ippo traveled back in time, but the final arc was pretty good"

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

they should make a spinoff on ippo's former bully, not friend who's now a manga artist.
or aoki's ramen job

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

what other manga has been going on for as long? Detective Conan?
Dragonball doesn't count since it was on hiatus for a decade, and it isn't even the same guy anymore drawing.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

let me know when that famous all female troupe does an Ippo musical

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

It also be fun if instead of slogging thru his matches, he just dominate no contest his first few return matches. Have him go against Itakagi’s old rival and beat him in one round

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

all outfighters in general, are pricks

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

have ippo and itakagi never even sparred?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

lol, Ippos gonna be able to box just as well southpaw as regular and can adjust on what will do best against the other boxer when he fights again.
can they make a new anime season and just start off like before sparring Volg again..

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 5, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

how many days and nights has ippo been training southpaw during this montage?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I imagine they removed the original log and ippo just pounded in a new one for his training.

Maintenance guy comes around and goes “godamnit, those pranksters are at it again”

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Wow didn’t know it never had a domestic release
But doesn’t count if it’s not physical

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

oh man, this sparring match is gonna kick rear end, can't wait for everyone's reaction when he's fighting southpaw and pushing mashiba back hard.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

or he beats mashiba up, and then exits and everyone realizes he still has his weights on

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

It was Aoki, he tried to put it on his dick.
its 16lbs, monstrous lol. That's like a decent sized barbell. and 4x of them? That's over 50% of ippo's standard body weight rofl.
and I checked last chapter, he was doing all his southpaw training at the river bank with the weights still on..

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

what weight class is mashiba suppose to be in now

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Reminds me a lot of fish hook blow Kimura did against Mashiba in their match

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

forgot that ippo's gym is suppose to have like a random bunch of like 7-12 just regular gym boxers just always hanging around, where did they all go

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

ippos gonna down the list all the way to people he fought in the Rookie Kings and even the guy he did he punched out the ring on his boxing exam certification

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i re-read like the first 30 or so chapters a few weeks ago.
man, did Mashiba look different lol

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

love the overload of sound effect kanji/words on each panel.
especially the sound of the final punches of the chapter

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Supremezero posted:

Note: One page is the scanlator credit page, so really it's 6 pages

like first 2-3 pages is a recap of the previous chapter, so 4 pages.

also, Mashiba said the line!
"is he really retired..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Ippo's first return match.
Everyone expects the old style.

He wins by fighting like an outboxer and with a counter

everyone: he never fought like this!