Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?
:siren:Newest Chapter:siren:

Pretty much standard filler, except that Itagaki actually calls Ippo out on not being more forward with Kumi. But since Ippo's got to fight a GENIUSU next, any hint of romance is gone :/ It's always a little disappointing, especially since I'm re-reading the manga, and it seems like Ippo/Kumi is going somewhere following his loss to Date at least as much as a pretty good date to the amusement park, but then that goes basically nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

Sindai posted:

Yeah I thought they always made a big deal of Miyata staying in Ippo's weight class even though it's too light for him just so he could fight him again on the WORLD STAGE.

It only feels like he's mentioned it about a billion loving times, life's soooo rough for the great Miyata. However, I also remember reading that Miyata mentioned before the crocodile dundee fight that he said his fighting gets sharper when he has to go on the severe weight loss program.

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

:siren: actual new manga :siren:

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

oh hey cool, one god damned punch

I really do have high expectations for this fight but I cannot really figure out why

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

This fight is loving terrible and doesn't look to be over any time soon.

HOW ON EARTH CAN ANY MAN FIGHT IN THE THIRD DIMENSION??!!!

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

I'm just gonna post that this fight is loving awful without giving any backup because it would mean I might have to read it again.

Tuuurrrribleeeeeee.

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

I really appreciate the author's taking away any hope of a decent ending by recycling a plot that was garbage to begin with

what a satisfying read this fight has been

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

honestly the only thing keeping me reading this fight are the outraged comments from the thread, keep up the good work because this manga gets horrifically more awful with each passing chapter. I want it to be good I really do :( Where did it all go so wrong??

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

I'd be pretty pleased with the manga at this point if he just retired after the fight and it focused on him turning into a stuttering mess working on a fishing boat.

no more smug woli pleaseeeeee

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

NovaPolice posted:

"It was dramatic when the hero was on the ropes and trying to figure out how to win, so it'll be even more dramatic if's he on the ropes far longer!" -Every Terrible Shounen Author

"now let's put the antagonist against the ropes. yes, have him literally bounce off the ropes...excellent, excellent"

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Gravity? That image perfectly encapsulates this fight I think.

this fiiiight

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

Serious Frolicking posted:

I'm guessing Ippo will stay standing through the entire fight, and then the judges will give him the win on points because he is a japanese champ in Japan fighting a foreigner.

this would actually be hilarious and would own, a satisfactory conclusion to this fight

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

Monaghan posted:

so all we got from this chapter was "woli likes to box"

Christ, I'm on the edge of my seat here!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

An Outland Dish posted:

Really? Is that the big game-winning logic that Ippo has reached? "Wait, he's right in front of me, so I can hit him!"

LET HIM CUT YOUR FLESH SO YOU CAN SHATTER HIS BONE!!1

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

oh so we're back to the corner, eh? IT IS WHERE HE IS IN HIS JUNGLE-LIKE ELEMENT!! TURN LEFT IPPO, NOOOOO

predictions? my prediction...pain.

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

Swamp Zero posted:

Lmao, there is a god after all

Well, this fight's still going on sooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/891/09/

page 9 is truly the height of loving absurdity, I applaud you, Mori.