Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shindragon posted:

i was thinking oh she’s breaking up with him but oh wait they were never in one. How old is ippo the fact hes still acting like that

He should be around 45 if this manga started in the 80s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Flesnolk posted:

This is designed to just spin its wheels forever and let Morikawa milk it until he dies, you shouldn't expect anything to actually happen

Well with the unfortunate lifespans of Manga writers/artists he may not live too much longer.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Kumi will burst into the gym in dead eyed stare all save for Ippo will be terrified and beg for forgiveness, then Kumi will drag Ippo out and dead eye mutter about him getting her some Tacos al Pastor.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

God I love how stupid Ippo is. :allears:

Gotta Help Gotta Help Gotta Help Gotta Help Gotta Help Gotta Help Gotta Help Gotta Help Gotta Help Gotta Help

Smash cut to Volg being pasted on the floor, Ippo being so tunnel focused on helping is going to seriously injure Volg :laffo:

I do like how even Sendo just wanted to be attentive and see where Ippo is at after all this time

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Ippo is going to counter with the Frog Punch after crouching lying in wait after four hours.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

mabels big day posted:

Break your brain for content, Ippo!

Where's the drat chapter??!!!! :flaccid:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:gizz: He still blocked with his face way too much.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Where's the new chapter internet??? I need my hog fix.

NEW CHAP

Jiro fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 28, 2022

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Why the hell can't any of these characters just say Ippo took too many shots to the head???

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

trucutru posted:

He gets paid in Mangoes and Crypto (which in Ippo's world was developed in the 80s)

He gets paid in actual floppy disks.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I guess there is also the possibility that Woli is good enough to pose a challenge to Ricardo but finally gets DQed for all the dumb poo poo he pulls

I'm not looking forward to Woli getting Apollo Creed-ed vs Ricardo.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Woli gonna get that bloodlust by biting a chunk of Ricardo's ear off, then screaming to him "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart, I want to eat your children!" :v:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chapter 1389

New chap, chaps

OF loving COURSE THERE'S BREAK NEXT WEEK, gotta get ahead and draw up sketches for Woli's island funeral I guess.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 19, 2022

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shindragon posted:

:allears: Oh my god i would love george if ippo pulls a rocky 4 on woli and refuses to throw in the towel lol

How Rocky never got arrested when everyone around him was telling him to throw in the towel, Duke, included is a mystery. Plus I always expected there to have been a few deleted scenes of Duke trying to murder Rocky while they trained in Siberia/Canada.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shindragon posted:

right?!! Like all you had to do was throw the drat towel Rocky

It was a loving EXHIBITION match ffs. Only Apollo was going to try going all out, Drago didn't give a flying gently caress either way.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Takes No Damage posted:

Consider what thread you're in. After probably 80% of the fights in this manga there are multiple panels dedicated to the crowd talking up how good the loser was and applauding them out of the arena :bravo:

I mean, Rocky IV did come out 4 years before Hajime no Ippo started..........

Shindragon posted:

God Rocky 4 was so dumb.
Biggest bullshit is all the russians cheering for Rocky.

NOT only the Russian pro Drago crowd, THE loving RUSSIAN Boris Yeltsen stand in giving a standing ovation as well. :laffo:

Did Paulie marry the robot, if so was Auntie Robot babysitting the kids while Adrian flew all the way to Russia?

Jiro fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 20, 2022

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Good soup! posted:

Wally's going to die

Just waitin for next chapter to come out.............

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Sindai posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/2ea11de4-ba9e-4796-8365-9c8b61929e19

I can't believe Ippo is going to be Junior Lightweight co-champion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9RAZxNdCk8

You loving idiot Ippo :laffo:

Every issue where Ippo does something inadvertently stupid that negatively effects his friends later on should end in the Curb theme.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

His coffin will be posthumously bouncing and flipping around during his funeral after Ricardo pulls a Drago vs Apollo.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

I want Wally to win and Ippo continues working as Wally's second and the next 15 years of the comic are Wally doing title defenses.

All while continually never getting laid, and leaving his mom to run a fishing boat all by herself.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

All while having an eyeball dislocate itself.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Is it even legal to run at your opponent full tilt sprint and just try and land a haymaker like that????? Cause I would imagine that kind of force would not only knock someone the gently caress out, but also do a really good job of shattering your own hand.

:stare:

Lol Wally gonna be so gassed.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I do like the last few panels of Wally not doing anything but taunting Ricardo into doing something since it's very clearly laid out he prefers to download what his opponents do in order to just counter it. If Wally does nothing and Ricardo does nothing who will flinch first. In fact I hope this "do nothing" strategy goes so far to the last round that Ricardo gets desperate and HAS to finally make the first move since Wally's punch "technically" landed.

Or it hilariously goes to decision and judges are shown to be hilariously corrupt, like in real boxing :v: and award phantom punches to Ricardo to have him win again

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I want both fighters to be just standing there doing nothing for the entire fight for Wally since he doesn't want to give anything away and can just spam taunts, for Ricardo because he's hilariously stuck in wanting to figure his opponent's moveset out only not realizing how much time is left in each round.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So Woli has thrown about 100 punches. He could just do nothing for the rest of the fight and he could win on scorecards alone.

Please have Ricardo so lost in thought that he does absolutely nothing.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rubellavator posted:

that read to me more like they think the total number of punches over the entire fight is the scoring criteria.

I should have clarified that Woli has more punches thrown, and more punches landed on Ricardo.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://hni-scantrad.com/lel/read/hajime-no-ippo/en-us/136/1407/page/1

New Chap, it's all been going according to plan!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Just have Takamura drop a stupid amount of weight to challenge and defeat Ricardo after Sendo dies in ring against him.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Patware posted:

i never want to hear anyone say kumi is a bad character ever again

No she's just a terrible girlfriend.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Anyone, ANYONE who hated on Adrian deserved the electric chair

Who the hell hated Adrian???!!! Other than Pauly, who deserved to die in a Philly gutter, and or have his robot wife assassinate him before Rock leaves for Russia. At least when Stallone first wrote Adrian she communicates in a way he understands, a grown up normal person. And Talia Shire is a fantastic actress.

Kumi is just as culpable in not voicing her concerns, as much as Ippo is a moron for not saying what he really wants out of his professional life and personal aspiratios. Both characters of the manga are written at the whims of someone who obviously doesn't want them to talk like adults for dramatic tension purposes and comedic moments that play out as extremely dated tropes.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Here lies Ipoo, He Never Scored.

No seriously, break up with her and go to your true love, Sendo.

Fun and entertaining issue lots of tension and Kumi getting fed up.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 25, 2023

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Sendo is going to destroy his own hand against Takemura but in doing so will clear Takemura of his blindness in one eye.

:unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Sindai posted:

He's almost a decade older than Oda, I think the half-length chapters are understandable.

Ever since the news of Toriyama dying I would hope all the old timers actually take a pause and maybe rethink their work load. poo poo it didn't even happen when Miura died.