Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Serious Frolicking posted:

So, this match is really goddamn racist even by HnI standards. Woli is a noble savage who competes against civilized training and glorious nipponese samurai spirit with his innate physical ability attained through living in a jungle and eating lots of bananas.

This manga has been pretty racist since the opening arc fyi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
If I was the featherweight champion of Japan, I probably wouldnt keep my belt in a box in my room in a closet, hidden away from everyone.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
This whole page reads like a meeting for battered wives.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Fabricated posted:

Hey, want a good fighting manga that's incredibly depressing?

Try Shamo.

Smart kid cracks under pressure and murders his parents, gets sent to jail-like juvie reform school, has exactly the quality of experience you would expect there, learns martial arts from old crazy guy, then the series follows the incredibly lovely trajectory his life takes as he becomes obsessed with fighting. It's okay though because nobody else gets a good ending either.

Yeah, except Shamo ends half way through a story arc and is never coming back. So be prepared for that dissapointment. Still great, though!

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

No.1 Special posted:

I'm starting to wonder why we even bother.

Someone has said this in every thread since 2005. We are still here.