Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

it was ok until she started peeing on me

Jedah posted:

A great Online Ippo manga viewer:
http://www.confusticated.com/ignition-one/ippo.php?chap=843&img=01

Newest Chapter 844 RAW:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W859X19G
or
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0m0ejh

No comment on this chapter, you'll have to see it for yourself to believe it. I'm totally unsure how I feel about the fight.

As much as I see the spoilers for Naruto (maybe not a good example) and the One Piece spoiler (a good example) I can at least resist not looking at them. This one is gonna be hard, merely because I need to know how this fight ends (Miyata better lose, but he wont).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

Xali posted:

takamura will punch the no-name boxer through the floor on top of sakaguchi, breaking the toilet and covering sakaguchi in poo poo.

This is great cause I can totally see this happening. There's almost no other reason to showing Sakaguchi during the chapter other than "Hey let's poo poo all over this guy before he never comes back again".

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

I think the main thing is we just haven't gotten to watch Ippo fight, in what, 200 chapters? I can't even remember who he last fought? Was it that magician guy, that retarded fight?

The only way this last Miyata fight would've been cool is he had lost, and that would've only set up Ippo to loving obliterate Randy.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

Cap N' Crunch posted:

oh hey cool, one god damned punch

I really do have high expectations for this fight but I cannot really figure out why

Only 500 chapters then to finish an entire fight.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

Serious Frolicking posted:

Martinez would still beat them, because Ippo would be unable to stop staring at Miyata adoringly and Miyata would get weirded out and get off his game.

Actually that would be great, a modification on his strategy "people get uncomfortable when you stare at them" (wow that was a really long time ago). Only Ippo would have to be a :3: making it literally the only time he drops his peek-a-boo to adoringly stare at Miyata's well developed boxing skills. :gay:

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

I'm starting to think the referee isn't even in the ring, he's probably outside having a smoke. How many times has Woli grabbed onto the ropes? I was always under the impression that was against the rules (or at the very least a ref would probably tell him to knock it the gently caress off).

I used to enjoy reading this manga so much, though I'm sure everyone including me knew EXACTLY what was going to happen in this chapter. I almost didn't read it, it's like reading the bible and acting surprised at the ending.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

Indiana_Krom posted:

Then the manga can switch genres from boxing to baseball, and Miyata gets to be the ball.

Well Ippo would be more than happy to be the catcher. :gay:

Since we're discussing the only thing that can redeem this fight, I have a simple one. The fight ends in either this coming chapter or the one after that. I don't really care either way who wins or how at this point, as long as it ends so we don't have to see this annoying fucker anymore (Woli).

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Epilogue: That was all a dream because he is brain damaged and has to be taken care of by his mother.

But he's also developed dementia and keeps thinking his mom is Miyata. The dementia makes him think that he's fighting Miyata for the first time again in the gym and keeps beating the poo poo out of his mom.

I don't think I've ever ended up disliking a main character as much as I dislike Ippo right now. Even more surprising is that the same things that made me like his character in the beginning is what makes me hate him so much now. I want him to lose this fight so badly, I know he won't but I really do (and he needs to lose again cause he needs a reason to give up his Japanese belt and stop loving around at the national level and move on to the world for real).

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

This fight won't end with Ippo punching Woli. We'll probably get like 20 more chapters and Ippo will notice Miyata in the crowd, being simultaneously ashamed for getting his rear end kicked and seeing his lover in the crowd Ippo will get a raging erection that will instantly impale Woli who got too close thinking Ippo was hiding bananas in his pants.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

I've got this covered, I know where this is going to go. Since Woli spends all his time as a monkey he can jump around and swing in the trees with his hands. His arms are long and thin like a monkey, but since his endurance training involved basically nothing (swinging in trees his whole life only eating bananas), compared to Ippo who's endurance training is more traditional running so Ippo's legs have kept him alive by absorbing all the light hits from Woli.

Since Woli has only had three fights, even if they were all 12 round fights each and went to decision he would not have nearly the fight conditioning that Ippo has right now (something like 20 or so total fights with only one short break after the only loss). Now Woli's wild instincts are going to tell him to run because the opponent isn't showing submission, and that's slowing down his reactions (ala Ghost Ippo).

Thus hard work and Japanese spirit > a monkee.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

Gedo > Woli fight I would tend to say. I could at least suspend belief long enough that the referee didn't notice that Gedo's gloves were loose (against the rules, sometimes you'll see a fighter loosening his gloves to catch a breather for a couple seconds). That and I can see how getting hit when you know you dodged it would really mess up a boxers rhythm.

Woli jumping off the corner posts and bouncing off the ropes ala: WWE professional wrestling, no ref would let that poo poo keep going on. That's just my two cents.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

Zahrkon posted:

Honestly at this point im hoping Ippo just punches Woli hard enough that he turns into paste. Hate this fight so much.

Woli is gonna fall over before we get to see him get smacked in the face. We all want Ippo to get all Dempsey Roll on Woli's face for about 3 minutes straight, but I'm willing to bet that we'll be lucky to get even one big hit in his smug loving face.

I think Woli could almost rival Aizen in smug-face.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

trucutru posted:

Morikawa: just because you make Takamura point out that this fight is total bullshit doesn't make it less BS. Thanks. (End it already)

So essentially we're getting trolled by a manga artist?

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

trucutru posted:

^^^ He is gonna kick your rear end!

Didn't you know? Trolling your readers (usually with some sort of :smug: character) is all the rage nowadays. Morikawa needs to dump those glasses and get some radical sun-glasses stat.

I think we'll see Morikawa wearing some huge uv-blocking sun glasses like Kubo Tite? I think we are seeing the rise of a new Aizen in Hajime no Ippo...

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

Every time they show either Ippo or Woli's heart it looks like Morikawa is trying to draw a scrotum.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Fight is over.

Let us never speak of it again. Ever.

It may be over but we still have 4 more chapters of Ippo and Woli blowing each other because of how much they both love boxing so much more after that fight.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

frabba posted:

I just got 2 onion rings from burger king that fused into a perfect infinity symbol, and I thought of Ippo, so now I'm watching Ippo vs. Sendo 2 :dance:

edit: This has likely been brought up before, but doesn't it seem a bit odd that Takamura isn't $Texas rich after winning multiple world titles?

Not to mention endorsement deals and such, then you consider that he's a world champion in weight classes that you never see Japanese boxers populating. Considering his marketability he'd be rich as hell (though maybe he's just really really cheap).

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

KittenofDoom posted:

You forgot Aoki's fight, which is the best in any series ever :colbert:

By far the Look-Away is the best thing I've ever seen, the insanely serious look on his face completes it.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I've just read all of Hajime no Ippo over the last few weeks starting all the way from chapter 1 up to Woli.

Honestly it's a really really strong manga with Woli being the only black mark against it. There is nothing redeeming about the Ippo Vs Woli fight. Absolutely nothing.
I even like the Malcom Gedo fight reading it again. He actually has a really good personality about him.

The Woli fight just ended up being who had the bigger bunch of plantains.

At least the other fights were against people with tons of experience and we're geniuses, and to top it off we only got to see Ippo hit him maybe 3 times? Someone refresh my memory, the first hit hardly even counts, then there were what 2 punches to Woli's liver?

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

Geop posted:

Oh. Sorry :ohdear:

But yeah, Itagaki is just coming off as a bad guy in this fight. I always liked Karasawa. Even though Ippo made a mockery of him, he was an awesome character. He'd better not end up as fodder, but as Itagaki's wake-up call. In the sense that the ROOKIE SENSATION loses and is put in his place. Then again, it feels like they want Saeki and Itagaki to fight or something :(

They are telegraphing Itagaki losing this fight pretty hard. Then Aokimura is gonna win both their fights.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

Geop posted:

903 raw is up.

gently caress yes.

Chapter rolls along with the two of them throwing out exchanges. Past a point, Itagaki is almost playing with him. He repeatedly lands good counters on Karasawa's face, and even does a pretty solid feint. He sees the clock is nearing a minute left in the first round, and he decides to try closing it in a hurry. He then slips in to MIYATA-KUN~~'s signature Jolt stance. Following this, Karasawa punches at Itagaki once more, and it does a wide-view of Kourakuen. Last page shows that Karasawa managed to somehow nail Itagaki, making the Jolt backfire. Chapter ends with Itagaki's rear end on the canvas.

Nevermind, Looks like Itagaki is gonna win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

Incredulous Dylan posted:

Just caught up to 902. I accidentally moused over a spoiler on this page around chapter 600 and my peripheral vision for some reason read "ippo is going to have to start all over now" and i basically read 300 chapters "knowing" that everything ippo was working for would be reset somehow around chapter 900. you can imagine what that woli fight was like for me

You had it good then cause we all knew he was going to win, and was loving pissed that he did.