Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nubian Robodin
Jan 20, 2005
Your best friend objectifies children and you lied for him about it.

fuck you, you disgusting idiot.

Jedah posted:

Yes, though I'm not quite sure how his current physique isn't totally freakish by now, or how he's remained comfortably in the same weight class despite becoming a superhuman.

At one point, it is shown that Ippo's own arm strength is almost equivalent to Takamura, during a game of arm wrestling. This was way earlier in the series too. Takamura is what, about 6 weight classes above Ippo?

I'd think, at the least, he'd resemble Shimabukuro's body type more, or maybe (at least) Sendo.

Different people have different strength threasholds for their muscles so someone who has a ton of mass may be weaker than the guy who looks kind of flabby. A good rule of thumb is don't judge a fighter based on physique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nubian Robodin
Jan 20, 2005

Do we even need to spoiler?
I think he'll get up. Miyata's ribs are hosed so that probably took a lot of power out of the punch. Everytime they show an injury or such before a punch something similar happens.

Nubian Robodin
Jan 20, 2005

Kave posted:

I somehow think that will be Ippo's last japanese title defense. From there he can finally leave Japan rankers behind and move onto the world stage.

Haven't they already said he's vacating the title as soon as his next match is set up?

Nubian Robodin
Jan 20, 2005

tazman posted:

Oh god you're right. I really hope they just gloss over those fights. I need another cocky newcomer fag going after Ippo and getting utterly destroyed by the Liver Blow.

They probably will just to show how much of a prodigy he is or some such.

Nubian Robodin
Jan 20, 2005

850 is out.

More blue balls for Ippo.

Nubian Robodin
Jan 20, 2005

New chapter has been out for a while http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/854/01/

Mashiba is fighting clean!

And getting his rear end kicked.

Nubian Robodin
Jan 20, 2005

tazman posted:

That may be so, but he's trying to fight dirty. I think anyway.

I thought they made it pretty clear that the crowd is waiting for him to do something dirty but he is fighting fair.

Nubian Robodin
Jan 20, 2005

I hope they build up the Indonesian champ a lot and then Ippo absolutely crushes him.

Nubian Robodin
Jan 20, 2005

Soth posted:

This has absolutely no precedent at all.

I know it doesn't but it seems like they're going to compare the Indy champ to Itagaki. It would be cool for Ippo to destroy the guy and show that there is still a huge difference in skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nubian Robodin
Jan 20, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

The only thing that comes to mind about this battle is that Mogli (or whatever) shouldn't be able to take a punch very well, since he has very little experience actually fighting and taking hits, particularly from someone with a punch like Ippo. It's going to be really unbelievable and strange of he manages to keep fighting through force of will after taking a big one from Ippo.

But they'll get around that by Ippo not being able to hit him or some dumb poo poo. I really hope I'm wrong though.