Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Does the author have any idea of the backlash for this fight? I assume the japanese are equally pissed off and they can atleast communicate with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Hey it worked on Scratch J

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
I said it weeks ago to a friend that this is the only possible thing that could redeem this fight. I hope removing the seal transforms the thing into the Ippo Roll, and I wanna see some insane 360 degrees bullshit.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Hoooooly poo poo

Post apocalyptic Hajime no Ippo. I know i'd loving read it.

Wheres 893 :(
(Even though I can guess whats gonna happen in the next couple of chapters due to people not caring about spoiler tags)

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
But all that changes when he comes across a marauding band of slavers. Forced by the shreds of humanity left in him, he decides to step in and save the woman being chased. In a truly original plot he discovers she is the daughter of the overthrown king of Japan thus triggering his final quest to restore stability to the country and restore stability to his heart.

Ok that's enough (awesome) derailing from me.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
TWELVE PAGES?!

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

Exercu posted:

Doubt it's going to be a repeat, really. He's just realising that making the goal to win in a certain manner is hampering him. Unlike Ippo who had to start taking baby steps against Woli to stand a chance, Itagaki needs to evaluate what the gently caress he's doing in the ring, because he's pretty much way better than Karasawa. He's just loving himself up with stupid goals. Just like Takamura did at one point (God, that's a long time ago, when he proclaimed that he'd win in one blow, and then proceeded to have a fairly hard time against a chump... though Takamura has the awesomeness required to pull through on stupid goals.)

I may be wrong, but it was actually Takamura saying he wouldn't TAKE a single punch. He of course acted like a fuckhead, got clocked, and then dodged every single punch before annihilating the guy.

Takamura rules.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
I don't think anyone cares when Takamura god modes his way through fights because they're so drat entertaining. That and the fact he's so smug it goes past annoyance into hilarity.

"Yep, not gonna take a single punch"
*Puts dick in Aoki's face*

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
What the christ was that.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Who on earth thought that, after hundreds of chapters, denying the fight between Miyata and Ippo would be a GOOD thing?

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Didn't he go around to different dojo's kicking the crap out of higher weights as training? I seem to remember he actually dominated someone 4 levels higher. That's all I could think of. And besides, doesn't this dropping the weight to Ippo's level mean that his normal power will be reduced?

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
New chapter http://mangastream.com/read/hajime_no_ippo/92505845/1

Welp, there goes any chance of Ippo finishing this completely one sided. Stupid Chekov's gun.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
While the whole "I'm gonna fight like the challenger :D" thing was incredibly disappointing, teasing us with seeing Ippo snapping in a fight has piqued my interest

tazman fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 14, 2011

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
My god we're all such battered wives. We complain about this poo poo every week but we'll keep coming back for more because we LOVE HIM SO MUCH and he DIDN'T ALWAYS USE TO BE THIS WAY.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Jesus gently caress isn't Ippo reaching the limit of human strength. Seriously, you can train with all the shonen spirit you want but there's going to be a point where your body just won't add any mass to your muscles.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
How to fix this manga:

Ippo relinquishing his title.
A Miyata v Ippo showdown.
The god drat dempsey roll returns.
Have Itagaki actually learn something instead of losing horrible and somehow beating Ippo's time aaargh.
Another fight in between Miyata that shows Ippo absolutely dominating on the world level.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Holy poo poo that last page got me excited.

I'm still doubtful as all buggery that anything will result in this, but god drat.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
For fucks sake it's 13 pages again http://mangastream.com/read/hajime_no_ippo/56496182/1

Chapter was...yeah ominous, this talk of a kid sharing the name, I don't know, I get the feeling Ippo may actually kill this guy.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Or he's gonna steal from Hunter X Hunter and Jan Ken Pon the guy.

I'll take anything at this stage.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

pnumoman posted:

We really should start a Hajime no Ippo Battered Wives Club. We'll meet in a church on the wrong side of the tracks, serve crappy coffee and cookies from a tin, and reminisce about the good times, when Morikawa didn't slap us over and over for chapter upon chapter, when he would actually advance the plot at a reasonable pace.

Then we'll all break down crying and console each other.

I've got the perfect name for it:

"Take back the fight"

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
THERE IS NO TENSION IF YOUR MAIN CHARACTER IS INVINCIBLE

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
I can't believe that all I want from the next chapter is Miyata losing his poo poo over this.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
I think our husband just brought home some flowers and chocolates. He'll be different from now on right? It'll be like this always forever and ever?

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
It's not just that the manga is old so the ideas arent there so we shouldn't bitch about it, but the fact of the matter is there ARE idea's but he simply won't do them. Moving up to the world, a rematch with Sendou, Itagaki leaving the gym and challenging Ippo, a rematch with MIYATA.

Don't get me wrong, i'm no author and haven't dedicated 21 years of my life to drawing a cartoon but it's getting closer and closer to "ok im done"

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
With the things I listed, I'd put Sendou at the bottom but quite frankly i'd have taken a Sendou fight 3 over some no name angry making broken hand dude.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
I'm no punch scientist, but isn't Ippo falling over like that a REALLY loving bad sign of get his rear end to the hospital right loving now?

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
New Chapter http://mangastream.com/read/hajime_no_ippo/68847330/1

You can tell this manga has changed when it starts gabbling about race cars and time spaces and spends half the chapter on reactions when something really cool boxing wise gets completely over looked: Saeki uses hitman style now!

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

pnumoman posted:

Sad that I want these fights to end quickly so that we can get back to the only good part of this manga: everything that's Takamura.

Had to correct that nasty typo.

I feel like every chapter, I need to upload a page of when the manga was giving me chills just to remind everyone about the glory days.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

Centzon Totochtin posted:

drat, I was sort of hoping that they'd bring Sendo back in since he has experience fighting against Mexican boxers, but a Vorg/Martinez fight seems pretty awesome too (though with a predictable ultimate outcome).

Vorg won't be fighting Martinez, Martinez is feather weight (like Ippo) and Vorg moved up to Junior Light

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
drat that was awesome.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
The fact of the matter is, the champ seems to be an honourable fighter. The thing to wait for here isn't how the ref will continue or how Vorg will, but what the champ does

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

Centzon Totochtin posted:

The biggest question has not been answered yet; is Sendo going to pay for that table?

Why would he? Ippo was the one who broke it.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Hey I'm happy. I've been waiting YEARS for this

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

Blinks77 posted:

I think the last fight of Ippo's i enjoyed was vs Karasawa.
Where he showed something like intelligence.

Oh my god that was years ago. Surely SOMEONE has told him in all this time that this is the kind of fight we want Ippo to have more of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Will there be a satisfying enough explanation for Ippo returning to box? He either has brain damage and ignores it, his brain damage is healed through willpower or he was never punch drunk at all and everyone made a big deal about nothing. I don't see there being any option that isn't stupid or insulting to those with CTE.