Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Sindai posted:

I always knew it was going to end that way. :colbert:

Also I had completely forgotten about Takamura's match. Who's he fighting?

Takamura is fighting Ronald Duck next!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

New chapter #861 I was so excited for Vorg but for him to be used to show how good Mowgli is. :smith:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

It's more frustration than hate. Ippo needs to move the gently caress on, kiss kumi, relinquish the japanese title, and fight for world rank.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

God drat I wish Nas didn't turn into a bitch after the MAB fight :(

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Man your enthusiasm is cute.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i think i would have kizzed if the fight ended that way in one round and takamura ran to the ring yelling about how ippo stole his style or something

:negative: oh god this manga is so bad

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Wow going back and starting Ippo all over again I can't get over how good this series was. I still get the same feeling I did when I first read Ippo go train harder than ever before you son of a bitch. Early Ippo really helps my training haha.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Please die Mori. I'm going to pretend this managa ended after Takamura beat Hawk.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

gently caress you, Morikawa.

I don't know why the gently caress I started reading this piece of poo poo manga again. I'm a loving sucker.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I wanted to throw up when I read this chapter. Mori you're trash.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Die Mori. Die a horrible loving death. Seriously how can you do this and still have a job?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

This is infuriating. Why would you do this to your fans?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Soth posted:

Wish that someone would pick up Boys on the Run so I could have some form of boxing manga that wasn't terrible :(

Man why did you do this to me. It got me all pumping and ready to go like Ippo used to and there was only one boxing scene!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Wong Dongson posted:

Literally any other boxing manga more engaging at this point. 10,000% more interested in what would happen next in RRR than Ippo. Man, I can not even remember the last meaningful thing that happened in this manga. Must have been *years* ago.

Is RRR father than chapter 7 anywhere? Because that and Boys on the Run seem really good. It's sad I'm ready to drop Ippo for either of those if they get on any sort of reliable release schedule.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Wong Dongson posted:

Nah, 7 was just released the 23rd. They've been pretty solid putting them out every 6/7 days since they started doing it though. So....30th for the next one.

Ah I didn't look at the dates they were released even. Good to have something to look forward to besides One Piece.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Scravo posted:

Man, I think I made the mistake of getting into Ippo way too late in the game. I started reading from the beginning when Morikawa was writing the Woli fight, so I had around 900 chapters of boxing goodness to read. I didn't really notice the absurd buildups, since I didn't have to wait for the next chapter. As much as I still love the series, I can't really imagine reading this thing for 20 years, waiting patiently for each new chapter, only to have the Japanese champ and main character get nervous because some nobody is acting tough. It's still one of my favorites, but drat is it frustrating.

Well if you were reading in English I don't think we were caught up to current release up until 2007 or 2006? So you had a comfortable buffer generally because the groups doing it would release a few chapters at a time.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Hey Ippo rear end in a top hat you've been boxing for a billion years you do know that you can throw a punch while still defending with your other arm right? gently caress you. gently caress Mori too.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Edmond Dantes posted:

Stockholm syndrome.

Not true. I want to break Mori's fingers nurse him back to health and re-break them. I have no love for him.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Cat Machine posted:

This and the Bryan Hawk fight are probably the best.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

KidDynamite posted:

This and the Bryan Hawk fight are probably the best.

Honestly though the first volume up to the spar with Miyata still gets me incredibly pumped for boxing.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I wish Ippo would have died. His head almost did a 180.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

tazman posted:

I think our husband just brought home some flowers and chocolates. He'll be different from now on right? It'll be like this always forever and ever?

He even made a joke about how long and drawn out the fight was. Like he's not going to do it again or something.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Serious Frolicking posted:

Hey, you know the latest chapter of Ippo that some people are claiming is legitimately good? Still a piece of poo poo compared to RRR- http://www.mangafox.com/manga/rrr/v02/c011/1.html. Saying a chapter is good for HnI is damning it with faint praise.

RRR is so loving good. Is it currently running in Japan? Or is it done already?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

So RRR's next chapter should be really cool guys.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Boxing Snatcher posted:

I am still really digging RRR. In my mind it cannot get enough praise right now.

RRR is so good!!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I'm dying laughing at these guys hopping all over the place. This is now a comedy manga in my eyes.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

RRR is getting super dope right now. How many chapters is it?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Chapter 45 of RRR was so loving good. Oh my god I am pumped!!!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Oh poo poo Iwamaki is a southpaw!!!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I think the last time they referenced real boxers was when they introduced Mashiba with the flicker jab. I may be forgetting some other point.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Sanguinia posted:

Why do you do this to me Morikawa?

I've asked this like every fight since probably chapter 600. Maybe before that.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I thought Miyata went up a weight-class? It's been 12 years since I started reading this I don't even know the storylines going anymore.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

How am I still excited? I really don't understand it but I AM SO HYPE!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I'm still somehow excited. This loving manga!!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

ilifinicus posted:

Switch boxer as in stepping between stances to do double one-twos and such things. Stuff like from RRR.

Randy Boy did that

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Does anyone have that list of other boxing manga someone posted in here? I need something to read and kill time with.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I've read all of these, gently caress!

Anyone remember the one with a girl teaching an upper class smart kid how to box. I never finished that one.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Yes thank you!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

So did all the translation groups drop Ippo or something? It's up to 990 in raws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

It is bad but it does have a lot of fans