Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

DamnGlitch posted:

I HATE

I don't think that was a move specifically taught to Woli. Something about it smacks of instinct. In fact, reliance on it may be his undoing. It was a blind shot and it's gonna hurt, but Ippo's not going to take one of those again. Woli may like his new 'toy' and try it again, even though he seems to lack the raw power of Sendo's work.

That, and Ippo's head is made of rock and lined on the inside with marzipan. How much time is left in the round?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine
878: Woli wins, goes on a world tour of boxing, returning home a year later to find that Ippo has become a lumber contractor and 'friend of science', has razed the rain forest and sold all of Woli's monkey friends off for laboratory testing. Japan wins!

BOrangeFury fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 7, 2009

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

Ytlaya posted:

18 page spread where it starts off just showing Woli's face on the left page and slowly shows Ippo's glove appearing and moving towards it from the right page, concluding with it graphically showing Woli's face get distorted by the glove and his retainer getting knocked out.

Nothing like a good 'ol fractured jaw to end a fight. Oooh. It turns out that Woli has a glass jaw, but nobody ever knew because they couldn't hit him! So vary targic.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

Infinitum posted:

This manga needs more Vorg staring at random gravestones, looking stoic & solemn, quoting Russian poetry.

Vorg fighting to escape Communism and poverty, kicking around the entire loving world knowing like four languages (Russian, Japanese, English, and Punching), living the life of a wandering pugilist.

Instead, we'll have twenty more chapters of Ippo getting shitkicked by loving Woli. Horay.

I miss when the magna was about poo poo like this:

BOrangeFury fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 18, 2010

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

ilifin posted:

I think we'll see Ippo attempt to do a double-cancel Dempsey where he rolls left, cancels to center, :smug: starts dodging, cancels into EX SHORYUUk who the gently caress am I kidding

Under the ring, a shark waits patiently.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine
Ippo's going to end it by tapping Woli on the jaw, causing it to shatter in a billion pieces. Woli's loving smug mouth will be wired shut for MONTHS. And then he never boxes again.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

Infinitum posted:

*sigh* Guys, you just don't get it alright? Woli is a really good boxer.

Yes, but he is loving GODMODING and it's not fun :(

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine
Can anyone explain why the releases are so short?

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

Cap N' Crunch posted:

"now let's put the antagonist against the ropes. yes, have him literally bounce off the ropes...excellent, excellent"

Now we will have four former rivals cheering him on from the sidelines! And his girlfriend faints, because gently caress women. haha, it's funny because Ippo will never get any pussy.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine
You know what? gently caress it. I quit. I am quitting this fight. Someone tell me when it's over.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine
I heard Woli getting smashed into his base atomic elements what did I miss

Also, this Garouden stuff is like Ippo therapy. After awhile, you dont see the :downs: faces.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine
I just went back and started re-reading from the beginning. Ippo was so adorable then, when he was fighting real people and relying on his 'punching the poo poo out of things' technique, as opposed to BURNING JAPANESE SPIRIT

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

Matlock Birthmark posted:

You can't feel it, but it leaves a dick shaped impression on you.

Unfairly considering how long has been spent on the Woli fight, when was the last time Ippo's huge shlong was mentioned? It's kinda sad that his wrecker is unattended.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

logger posted:

Hajime no Ippo manga discussion thread: We want to see Ippo's dick again

Everyone hide your rear end

Click here for the full 645x1614 image.

In other news, I was talking to a friend who's a gym teacher. Obviously an authority :cool: on this she commented that with conditioning, the stress of lateral ankle and knee movement could be compensated for by movement in the hips and abdomen. So the 'Ippo Roll' could be completed simply due to modern conditioning and nutrition. Glucosamine, protien, and super-crunches.

On that note, Ippo needs a nutritionist. He could easily put on another five pounds of muscle, and just spend three(ish) days dehydrating before a match to compensate. Or I hang around idiot gym teachers and trainers too much. Either way, it's a comic book.

There needs to be a golf magna. Then I'd have some more relevant input. "You're not fighting the other players, you just need to fight the COURSE." (cue japaneese spirit fantastic irons high schooler with a -250 drive that can pitch into a bucket or something)

BOrangeFury fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 30, 2010

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He is the opposite of Takamura. Takamura wins with physical talent and hard work. Hiruma wins because of his intellect and cunning.

And guns. His never ending arsenal of heavy weaponry never ceases to amaze me.

Something similar to Eyesheild was my idea, actually. A high-schooler with no sports talent discovers that he can hit a ball pretty well, finds three like minded people in school (A lackey, an injured super-star, and the rich kid that's played a billion courses and hates everyone) to start a Golf Club. They worm their way into the tough principal's heart, and earn their club funds by caddying for the school board's weekend golf outings.

When not caddying, Usless the Main Character has been going all Ben Hogan and practicing until his hands bleed. Rich Kid with poo poo Additude is forced by his golf-crazy father to join the club, and their practice space expands from smacking whiffle-balls into a net, to a world-class facility where they find a mix of support and loathing from the upper crust. It becomes a battle of the classes when Rich Assholes From Another School that know the Golf Club's Rich rear end in a top hat challenge them to a team game.

And poo poo goes on like that from there.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

KittenofDoom posted:

"What's this? The challenger gets back up! The fight isn't over! 30 more chapters to go in this epic battle!"

And then we all kill ourselves.

Pam wakes up in bed and finds the last 50 chapters missing. It was all a dream! Woli never really existed at all.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

Infinitum posted:

Ippo Vs Miyata for world title. End the manga.

In round two with them at even points! RAGE CIRCLE COMPLETE

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine
So the next fight is gonna be Ippo vs a north korean escapee that has the bone structure of a heavyweight, but due to early malnutrition, can never get above featherweight. He fights because winning means he gets to eat.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

Soth posted:

The power of black people. CAN IPPO SURPASS IT? ... umm... AGAIN?

But then it becomes a heartwarming tale of overcoming racisim and stereotyping because the black dude goes in thinking that Ippo is some sort of nuclear kamakazi that's gonna die before giving up.

Or Ippo's monster cock accidentally slips out during a fight and terrifies everyone. That would be fun too.

edit: Then Ippo has to box it!

BOrangeFury fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 19, 2010

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

L.E. Cheetah posted:

the moral of that story will be "every racist stereotype is absolutely true"

Okay, then we'll go to my other idea, Penis Boxing.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

Serious Frolicking posted:

I hope that Woli's trainer is wrong and Ippo is totally fine, but Woli is somehow crippled for life. Ippo can't possibly win a rematch because he wouldn't punch a guy in a wheelchair.

But no you see WOLI IS A GENUIS

GET BACK HERE

I'LL ROLL YOUR TOES INTO A PULP

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine
Holy tits Ippo Gaiden. Sendo been moiderin punks since 8th grade.

WHERE DO THESE JARS KEEP COMING FROM OW DAMNIT GRANDMA

http://www.confusticated.com/ignition-one/ippo-gaiden.php?chap=001&img=01

BOrangeFury fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 30, 2010

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE STRONG

OW DAMNIT GRANDMA

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

Ask Me For Warez posted:

Yeah, except Shamo ends half way through a story arc and is never coming back. So be prepared for that dissapointment. Still great, though!

Holy crap Shamo is amazing. Ryo is what I imagine The Boss from Saints Row would be like, all psychotic and amazingly villainous.

Ippo: I feel bad because I did not really box today, I just hit a guy I was mad at.
Ryo: I wanna fight this guy. I'm gonna rape his girlfriend to egg him on.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

trucutru posted:

Or that the author and artist of Shamo reach an agreement and continue the series.

I just got up to the ballet dancer. Christ Ryo, just tear the contents of his dance-belt off him and be done with it.

Oh, and Ippo needs to smash people in the face more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

jsun posted:

I can only imagine how ridiculous this would look animated with both of them circle strafing each other at top speed.

The soundtrack is attacking them!