Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Again, I'm glad you are ok and the gear worked out. Great thread idea, although I hope there aren't too many posts. If you need a hand while you are repairing the bike let me know, I'm just down the road.

Proficient Motorcycling is a great read. People take a lot for granted while driving and the book is written specifically for riding safe on the street giving the reader lots of tips for being safe and smart. It really is a must read, highly recommended.

jdonz fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

sectoidman posted:

Trashed gear...
Make sure you get your gear included in the quote from the adjuster.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

I'm glad you are ok and your gear held up admirably. Heres to a speedy recovery!

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Coydog posted:

Huge chunk of truck tire
I had a close encounter with a retread a few years ago under similar conditions and luckily I came out ok. The only physical damage was to my shifter, the tire sheared the knob off. It made me uncomfortable enough to decide to stop commuting to work on I-10 for a few years and I'm just now getting ready to start commuting again. I'm glad you are ok, heal up soon.

\/ That is exactly what happened to me, it was at night, after work, going to fast and following to closely.

jdonz fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 11, 2014

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Holy poo poo, I had no idea this track was here. I live within walking distance.

Glad you are ok dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

Seriously, there is no shortage of activity on that runway (or in the area around it).

It came down to the sound of FREEDOM versus a bunch of old fucks who managed to get the county to illegally shut it down. Took a few years but they managed to get it overturned, though I think they have some significant noise restrictions on the track all the same.

I know this isn't the right thread for this, so I apologize. Who complains about the sound? As far as I can see its the dumpy golf course and the AFB. What else is on the north side of Camelback that would have people complaining? I don't know the area very well, I've only been here since May, Avondale for 12 years before that.

• Locked thread