Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
A few from Roskilde Festival last year

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Brutus

Che Lingo

Cvhrches

The Ocean

Rina Sawayama

Hiraki

Sigrid

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Cryptodira and Between The Buried and Me

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Thanks. I struggled a lot with btbam, due to the lightning, but got some useable shots in the end. Was very fun and my first time being allowed into a 'bigger' shows photo pit.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Just had a hard time getting focused properly and so on, when there was flashing lights that often

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Lovely shots man, especially loving the energy in that last one

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
The lightning going on there, feels a lot more deliberate, than most of what I see haha. Great shots, especially the first one.

Eyes from a few days ago. Good fun, the singer especially makes it a fun one.

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 14, 2023

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
I've never heard of that camera or equipment, but that is pretty awesome. Also couldn't help but check out your flickr... and it made me really miss living in Asia.

Bottom Liner posted:

Funny you say that, cause the next night was in a dive bar with a tiny and dark stage. They still had some lights but I threw up a strobe in front of house and had to pick angles carefully.

This one is sensationel. You an in house photographer?

Viginti Septem posted:

Speaking of great lighting 😮

I've been wondering, your avatar... Is it the black queen related? It's a common symbol, but seeing as this is in a band/concerts thread... I had to ask.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Wayward Down

Bottom Liner posted:

Thanks. Im not, just shot those two shows for the groups company based in Korea. They have another artist coming next month I'll be shooting at the first venue as well.

Got you. I always feel a bit weird pulling out my camera, if there's an actual in house photographer there. Especially one of the venues I go to the guy is kind of... unfriendly haha. Maybe cause I just asked the bands I have common friends with, for pit access a few times. Considering going for Che Lingo on Sunday, not a huge fan of the music, but talked to him after I saw him at a festival and he was super nice.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
That looks good man. How much editing did you do? I'm pretty bad at doing anything but basic colour correction and cropping. And even cropping, I am always too cautious to use.

Awesome photos again. But this is the best, obviously

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Yeah for sure, looks really cool in the edited form.

I was planning on bringing my camera to Roskilde next week, but drat, weather is looking rough/oceangatesque. Hope the forecast clears up-

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
a few from roskilde.

chat pile, ustad noor bakhsh, code orange, taco bitch, soul glo

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Eyes @Roskilde 23

Bottom Liner posted:

Excuse the terrible compression, not sure why discord is doing that all of a sudden. Will have to try Flickr again.

Last night of this tour and we got a downpour right as encore started. Made for some great shots with the backlight from stage lights.

Absolutely love the look of these. Last one is especially beautiful.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Do people use IG to share their stuff on? I love following photography stuff on there, so yeah drop it if you want another follower. Mine is themulletburden

Friend had his first show today, actually getting paid, at the opening of an outdoors art exhibition. The crowd average age must have been +50, and they play some noisy rear end rock music.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Going to attempt to shoot Full Of Hell, Whores, Oxbow, Venus Twins, Divide and Dissolve, Hiraki, Telos, Vi som älskade varandra så mycket, Puke Wolf, Syl and Oxx this saturday. In a venue that is anything but used to having these kind of bands haha.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Runaway Legs posted:

The European punks frown on crowd photos. There are some good reasons, but it still sucks.

Maybe i'm just bad at reading social cues, but I never got that anywhere haha. What are the reasons?

Cool photos btw

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Venus Twins

Hiraki

Whores

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Sep 17, 2023

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Slotducks posted:

The Callous Daoboys opened up the show. Great act, very chaotic, very energetic. Great sound.

haha i can not imagine shooting in a pit for daoboys

This is my absolute favorite. love the framing of it

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Jesus. Yeah, that is what I aim to some day be able to do.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Tacobitch was quite something. Such a fun visual experience.

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 24, 2024

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Madonna is huge man. Would be sensational. But also inshallah at getting to shoot your favourite band.

Great stuff, but I really like this one in particular. A lot of energy in one photo

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Going to shoot my brothers band for the first time in a weeks time, playing at a friends bar. The bar is closing, and they usually get it packed. Like really packed. So last day he decided to book them and another band that also gets it pretty packed usually. Free entrance so poo poo is going to be insane I feel.

Rabble posted:

Here’s a random selection from the stuff I’ve been shooting since I switched to the a7iii in early feb.

The one with the glasses reflecting fucks pretty hard.

ExecuDork posted:

This whole set is brilliant, but this one is my favourite.
Great costumes, cool lighting, lots of action, and then out of the bottom third of the image - why is foot?
It's like one of those "that's not his arm!" photos that circulate on facebook. Except with better costumes.

Genuinely crazy experience. Saw them like 8 months ago at Roskilde Festival, their first show outside of Norway. and despite it being on a huge stage, it felt weirdly intimate.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
so loving dark there but

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 1, 2024

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Cult Leader

SWARTZHEIM

Katla

This one is amazing. Mesmerizing in a way.

I dont know what is going on here... but I like it haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Sensational baby metal shots.