Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Apparently I won't be happy until I turn my BMW F800ST into a full dad bike. I added a Givi V40 top case because my son wanted a backrest and I wanted a place to store groceries.

I'm sure it will only take a few minutes to bolt the rack on... at least I finished before it got really dark. I miss my big American garage.

It doesn't ruin the entire look of the bike and its functional!

Did I mention how much I love having a real motorcycle GPS? It's beautiful! It can be easily seen, even in direct sunlight! It works out in the European wilderness where GPS signal is just a dream. The iPhone/Google Maps just doesn't cut it for me.

My favorite passenger gives the upgrades two thumbs up!

He's an ATGATT kind of kid. Sena Bluetooth communications really made all the difference getting him used to riding with me.
"Sharp left turn coming up. Don't freak out!"
"I'm freaking out!!"
"Why are you wiggling? Are you dancing?"
"Yeah! Riding is so exciting but also sort of boring"

I'm glad I can pull all the bags off with just a twist of a key. I love this bike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

On Friday I had to bring my BMW F800ST in for it's biannual Swiss vehicle inspection. I wasn't sure what to expect but I had heard horror stories about how strict and thorough the inspections can be. I just had the annual service done so I wasn't too nervous. The canton I live in has a huge complex and test track where the inspections are done. They did the following:

- Measure and adjust the angle of the headlight. The inspector even jumped on the back of my bike to see how the angle changed with a passenger.
- Tested the lights, horn, kill switch, kick stand sensor.
- Tested the suspension.
- They put it on a lift and did an inspection of all brake lines, looked for oil leaks, measured the thickness of the brake pads and discs.
- The inspector took it on the test track for two laps where he tested the ABS, linked brakes, and other stuff.

I was relieved to be given a "tip top" rating. There was a guy there with a modified Harley Davidson. They told him he was missing reflectors and wouldn't pass his bike until he installed them. For the equivalent of $65, it actually seems like a valuable service.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Elviscat posted:

No poo poo, that's kinda awesome.

I certainly hope that your registration says that the bike is "Tip Top" somewhere.

Unfortunately there is just a stamp that says “Passed” on my registration. Nonetheless, it felt good to pass inspection after seeing so many other motorcycles failing. There was a beautiful 1970’s era Kawasaki KZ250 waiting for its inspection. The cam chain and/or clutch rattle made it sound like a box of rocks being shaken. I am curious what the inspector would say...

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Revvik posted:

Stray followed me home.

Nice naked Gold Wing!! :heysexy: