Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Alpha3KV posted:

New Article: Epic Level monsters.
This wole thing was pretty amazing. 260,000+ HD monsters, you say? I think my favorite was that space dragon at the end that was so infused with inter-dimensional cosmic powers that it didn't even really look like anything.

This isn't anything new, really. Anyone remember Deities and Demigods, back in the '80s? They basically turned entire pantheons of gods into high level monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Jesus H. tapdancing Christ on a pogo stick, what the gently caress happened to White Wolf?

Let me address this from the perspective of a crusty old gamer. In the 70's, there came D&D. D&D was awesome, but it carried the stigma of being a game for nerds. Now, we all know that D&D players weren't all socially awkward geeks, but still, we hid the Monster Manual under our textbooks when the jocks walked by. In the 80's D&D and it's bazillion offshoots became somewhat more mainstream, but the aroma of nerdiness still lingered.

Then came the 90's, and White Wolf came on the scene... and they were actually cool. No loving elves and dwarves saying "Merry meet, sirrah!" but vampires, werewolves, and badass mages wearing mirrorshades. At the gaming store I wasted my twenties hanging out in, there was a WW group meeting every night, and they all had a waiting list. Best of all was the live action, which you pretty much had to be friends with the store owners to have a chance of getting in. Suddenly, gamers were the cool kids.

And now... WTF??? Topless necromancers? Rape spells? The latest Exalted is written blatantly to pander to 300lb spergs who have never said anything to a real, live girl other than "are you going to finish those nachos?" What the hell happened?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Quarex posted:

Maybe HOL is the gaming example of that; who knows?

Just wonderin', had anyone ever sat down and tried to actually run a game of HoL? How did it work out?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Oh god that, the only time I've ever seen "This character is super important, don't let your players kill him under any circumstances" show up in an rpg.

With this character's death, the thread of prophesy is severed...

• Locked thread