Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
Played in a 5-a-side indoor league with some people from work last season, but had to sit out this session due to an upcoming exam. Usually play up front because I can finish decently with both feet but am horribly out of shape and have a terrible first touch since I hadn't played in years before this. I'm a scrawny little guy too, so big defenders cause me problems. I really need to get back in the gym and get back in shape so I can play for more than 5 minutes at a time. :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
The Buffalo Wings

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!

PhillyLucky posted:

I hurt a guy last night and dont feel bad about it even a little.

Last night our referee was trying to fix some lights. The refs where I play are a joke, they stay at the center line and never move. Its a 6 on 6 coed league so usually nobody does anything crazy. A girl on my team won a ball as one of their guys was dribbling, it blatantly went off his foot, but since the ref was fixing the lights he had no input. The player picked up the ball and set it for a corner, we all objected, and with a big poo poo eating grin on his face served the ball and they scored. I went ballistic and his response was "hey thats the game isnt it" and smiled and jogged off. The ref had no decent response and apologized for missing it. Off the tap I took the ball and beat two defenders, and in comes the cheating dickhead. Normally I play really tame in this league, because I dont want to hurt anyone or get hurt myself in an adult league. At this point I was so mad I made a pretty reckless challenge for the ball and won it, then absolutely destroyed the dickhead. As soon as he hit the ground he started whimpering and yelling, and I casually walked away. Turns out he went to the hospital for what he suspected was a broken collarbone.

I sort of feel bad that he probably broke a bone, but it all loving starts when he decides to cheat in a coed adult league.. Maybe all of that makes me a dickhead, but really who cheats in a league like that and then admits it with a lovely little smile and laugh?

Nobody likes a cheater, sure, but everybody hates somebody that goes out and plays recklessly in a silly coed league. Don't be that guy.

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!

CAMiasm posted:

that quote from the previous page is telling me to reach with the opposite hand though? when i dive to the left, i reach with my right hand and not my left hand. everywhere i've looked has told me i'm doing it wrong.

:confused:

From what I've gathered, if it's high and to the left use your right hand. If it's low and to the left use your left. If it's straight out to the left use whichever you can get on it.