Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Oh Em Gee posted:

Played center midfield and as a centre back when I was younger in my youth days. in high school I played defensive midfield for our team and we did pretty decently, though I infamously did a knee high foul on a rival high school's star player and basically was told to not show up to practice...so that was the end of my career.

I think this is the best story yet.

I never actually played club football past the age of 8 or something like that, but I've lived right next to a football field for most of my life, so everytime the weather's been remotely decent, I've been out playing with mates. Summer's returning here now, so I've started getting out and playing more again. I'm a terrible dribbler and I'm pretty sure I've never taken a man on and beat him, but I put out decent throughballs and crosses, so I guess I'm some kind of playmaker if anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Scikar posted:

It's difficult to name a player similar to me. I can control the ball, move it well, pass short and long, can't head the ball to save my life and I'm lightly built which matches most attacking midfielders I can think of. But I'm also pathetically slow which doesn't really match any attacking midfielder I can think of ('cept maybe Scholes but I can only score from inside the box).

You're Fabregas.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Apart from the obvious, just running a couple miles every day for stamina, I think you'd be better off working on balance than strength for staying on your feet.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

Leeds is probably the best

Five words never before used together

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I'll be in London for a few days in November, any games we'll be playing near that time in southern UK, I'll take central mid for. I'm like Fellaini except with less hair and skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Run it off mate

it's what they do at Arsenal