Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

I started playing when I was 4 or 5 in small rec leagues around the Midwest(I'm from Indiana), thoroughly dominating every aspect of Recreation Football. Then the fam moved up to Chicago and I started playing for a team called "Wheatland Warriors", even though there was no Wheatland anywhere. We were probably the best team in Chicago at the time(I was probably around 8-9 years old). Won several tournaments including the Best of the Midwest, and went to Indoor Nationals in Detroit.

Once I moved back to Indianapolis I played on a few select/travel teams until, I was recruited by Arsenal FC. (Seriously our name was loving Arsenal FC, and we had the official crest and everything, it was badass). Anyways, we were an absolute juggernaut. Our first year in existence('98), we went undefeated and UNSCORED upon the whole year(we scored over 100 goals). We dominated every single year of our league for the next couple of years, raking in numerous accolades in the midwest. We won Indiana State Cup twice, along with tons of other tournaments, and ended being invited to the Nike Premier Cup in 2000. We beat Sockers FC from Chicago in the final for the Regional part of the cup, who incidentally enough sported a young Johnathon Spector on the team.

After the win, we went on to the latter stages of Nike Cup finals in Portland, Oregon. (By the way, we also got a ton of free gear from Nike: Total 90's for everyone, sweet Arsenal replicas, along with socks, warmups, training shoes) We beat a Canadian team, but lost to FC Delco from Philly and La Jolla Nomads from San Diego. We ended the year ranked 8th in the nation for our age group. That was my crowning achievement, as after that our team began to drift apart and everyone got older and started pussy-hunting, smoking weed and drinking profusely...don't even get me started on High School soccer.

p.s. Obviously, being an American and not having an MLS team(like it matters...) our Arsenal team religiously followed the real London club and we loved watching EPL on the 'ol Fox Sports World...(Max Bretos anyone?)I played mostly right mid/winger and occasionally drifted inside for a more central attacking role during my club ball. In high school, I played up top exclusively. I was always one of the 5 fastest players on my team, but usually not the strongest as I wasn't the biggest guy ever. At my club I was known as a Robert Pires prototype, and in high school everyone thought I was Alessandro Del Piero. (Apparently I resemble the two as well.)

Sanskrit Scat fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 3, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU