Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
I used to play up through elementary school and middle school. I usually played midfield, though sometimes they'd put me up as a striker. Usually I was one of the fastest kids on the pitch and my passing was at least decent, though I couldn't pass the ball long to save my life.

Our coaches changed regularly, though the last one we had stayed consistent for a few years -- and unfortunately he was the worst of them. Had assistant coaches who were unclear when they'd shout stuff that was unclear, we'd try to follow, and then they'd yell at us more. (I definitely remember one time thinking that they'd told me to move to the left wing, and I'd stayed there for like 20 minutes -- playing pretty well, according to people who'd watched -- and then being told "uh, wtf, we wanted you to stay on the right".)

The last straw was the time that I slid in for the ball along with a kid on some other traveling team (that was way more serious about it than we were and were way better). I got the ball.

He got my balls.

I was on the ground crying with pain because I was like 11 and the referee didn't stop play and the other team kept passing the ball around and poo poo while my team was like "WTF HE'S HURT". I decided "gently caress that".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
This is more a question for the future than anything else, but is futsal terribly common in the US? I'd really love to get back into football, but I really can't play any really high-contact sports anymore - I was in a car accident about a year ago, shattered my tibia completely and there's now a metal rod in there. It's not as if it hurts to walk on or anything like that, but when things hit it/injuries happen to it, it hurts a lot more than it would have before.

Am I poo poo out of luck, or is there a chance that there's a league or something like that for me?