Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

0nslaught
Sep 16, 2007

Proving you don't need a slapshot to score goals.
I played youth soccer until I was finally big enough to play American football, but after getting to college I rediscovered my love of playing the beautiful game. I usually end up as either at goalkeeper or striker. Whenever I get in the field, I immediately gravitate towards the front regardless of where I'm told to be on the pitch. I'm a pretty big guy and hard to move and I am also pretty good at using my head. I'm pretty awful at dribbling, but my passing skills are decent. I can also crush free kicks, and have decent accuracy when I keep my head down.

I think my skills as a keeper are much better, I can catch very well and am usually very aggressive about coming off of my line. Somehow my team failed to qualify for the playoffs in our league after going 5-1. My favorite moment ever was when I scored a goal off a corner as the keeper. The other team was concentrating on marking the other big men while I crept up past half. Being an indoor league I was only about 25 yards away from the goal, when the ball was passed back to me and I blasted a beautiful curling ball into the top corner. Nothing is better than a keeper scoring.

I've had to stop playing as much this past year as little cunts decided that putting late challenges into my ankles was a cool thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU