Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
I play in a park league as striker, and discovered today that I am utterly poo poo at aiming my shots. Mostly because I don't know how to do much beyond booting it at the goal. So, what I ask of all of you, is how the gently caress do you aim a shot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
I went to several stores today looking for a new pair of boots, but sometime between when I last bought them and now, their selection has greatly shrank. What are some online dealers who deliver to the US and have a decent variety of sizes, since I wear somewhere between a 12 and 13, depending on the brand?

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
Now that summer is upon us I get to organize the lovely kickabout league my friends and I founded two years ago. Two sides and twenty people, only maybe twelve of whom will show up for any one match. It's like herding cats, seriously. Nobody's dedicated to their team, nobody trains, nobody knows the first thing about football.

I need to join a real loving team.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
Chicagoland, near Aurora. Problem is, most leagues out here have a spring season and a fall season, during both of which I'm away at school. No league by school, except the school team/school club, neither of which I'm good enough for.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
Played for the first time since last summer today. Goddamn is my endurance shot, couldn't go more than ten minutes before I had to hang back and take it slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

CaptainRightful posted:

Is anyone here interested in joining a 6v6 outdoor rec league team in Chicago?

Alternatively, does anyone have a rec league team in Chicago that could use a few more dudes in their 30s who will show up every week, even when injured?

In the city itself? What's the skill level like, I've been looking for a team in my area, but I'm a little bit rubbish.