Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrakeD
Jul 9, 2008

Rats in the hallway again!
Started playing at 6, was pretty loving good as a kid and even got "watched" by one pretty important team, but never called up. I've played in bottom-table teams for most of my life, never having a chance to really compete with great players and great teams, which i would have loved to. After a bad ankle injury and a few fights with the coach, i decided to retire at the tender age of 16. Stopped practicing sports altogether for a few years, until playing one day with my old school friends i realized i'd gotten ridiculously fat and outta shape. Spent a year and a half getting myself back in shape, lost 40 pounds, and got so loving nostalgic about playing my dear football that i decided to start playing again at amateur level this year (i'm 21 now).

Of course, my team's bottom of the table.
But we have fun.

Being the first year of football in 6 years, i thought i'd do much worse. I'm currently the team's best striker, with 10 goals in 23 appearences (i'm counting the one i entered as a sub. too), and in the top-15 scorers in the league (not saying much, but it ain't easy playing in my team).

I'm a second striker which mostly plays on the left flank, but i can go on the right as well if necessary, with a good technique, good dribbling, and i can run really really fast which is my main gift. This year i started scoring free kicks too, and not doing bad at all with 2 scored in 4 attempts.
There's a few things in which i suck, but mostly it's headers. I can't hit the ball with my head for poo poo, i'm really loving terrible at it. Also, i'm a bit of a lightweight so huge defenders are pretty much always kicking me around.

That's it. Having loads of fun :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakeD
Jul 9, 2008

top scorer in the tournament with 28 goals in 5 appearances (indoor) :smug:

not so well in regular football with 2 in 6 games heh

quote:

beat the top team 5-4 after scoring a goal with 7 seconds left.

that happened to me 3 weeks ago except it was the 2-1 and not with the top team (but a team which had destroyed us both at home and away last season). after watching the ball slowly pass the line i could only yell "motherfucking bitch of a whooooore!!" at the top of my lungs before 7-8 people from the field and the bench jumped all over me to cheer.
a huge rear end smile stayed on my face all day; greatest feeling EVER :)

DrakeD
Jul 9, 2008

My indoor team is tearing the league apart with 11 wins 1 draw and only 1 loss, we're currently in first position with a two points advantage on the second placed team (though we've played 1 game more). I'm top scorer with about 60 goals in 13 games. This season's giving me some satisfaction.

DrakeD
Jul 9, 2008

hughsieblingwish posted:

what's everyones preference for the shin guard?

The same as yours, i like my ankles protected.

DrakeD
Jul 9, 2008

I finished top scorer of my league yesterday! with 24 goals in 29 appearances :)

DrakeD
Jul 9, 2008

euroboy posted:

So, what's your style? (Fat) Ronaldo, Rooney or Inzaghi?

I'd say maybe Pato, or Henry. I like playing on the flanks and am really really good at counterattacking since I can run pretty fast even with the ball. I've got good technique and dribbling, and a decent shot, and I can provide assists to my attacking partner(s).
I suck really bad at headers and am not exactly great with my left foot, and I can't score penalties for poo poo, which is why i almost never take them. Also I tend to never track back, except when the team is in absolute emergency.
I also have poo poo luck, considering i hit the post/crossbar a whopping 14 times during the season (yes, i DID count them)

DrakeD
Jul 9, 2008

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Robin van Persie, then?

:ssh:

DrakeD
Jul 9, 2008

This week in my two teams:

Regular football - After the week-long break we had to take for an uneven amount of teams in the league, we played a team which was near to the bottom with 1 point in 3 games (we having 4 in 2). I was loving livid because the coach wouldn't start me (last year's league topscorer) without even giving me a reason. Anyway a balanced first half sees one goal per team, and after the break i'm on the field and within 10 minutes score a beautiful goal getting the ball on the left, winning a tackle, dribbling a defender while cutting inside the area and unleashing a right-footed shot right under the bar. At this point i don't even celebrate because gently caress if i understand why i didn't start. Then one of our guys and one of the opponents get sent off because they are about to kick the crap out of each other. At this point we are playing really well and i've got a lot of space to run so we create 3-4 clear-cut chances which we manage to waste. Then right at the end, one of them bastards scores with a 25-yard screamer right into the top corner. Oh, and another one of our guys gets a second yellow and gets sent off, too.
2-2 and two points thrown away, and 5 points in 3 games. At least, we're still unbeaten.

5-a-side - My team being third and having 4 won games and drawn 1, play against a lower midtable team. Long story short after a tricky first half ended 5-3 for us, we steamroll over them for a final score of 15-5. Me bagging 7 goals even if i played a pretty lovely game overall (most of the goals were tap-ins).
Next week it's against the second team in the league, come over and get some you bastards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakeD
Jul 9, 2008

Ramagamma posted:

It something of a common sight to see me, on indoor pitches, slide tackling folk, getting up, and watching the blood dribble down my knee but I don't care because its loving hardcore.

I feel like i should tell you this. In 5 a side, slide tackling simply isn't allowed.