Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Geno posted:

Another season managing a team, another player who doesn't pay me and goes AWOL :dawkins101:

Condolences, our last futsal keeper was 2 or 3 sessions behind on fees and then just completely ghosted us. We've got a setup where fees are paid in advance by TAFC* to make it easier on managers, then all the players will pay back the org. Normally it's a pretty good setup and everybody pays their fees by the end of the session, however my friend who's manages this team has to say "I have no loving clue where he & his money went" on a weekly basis.

TheBigAristotle posted:

I went to buy a new skill ball tonight, and Nike is the only one that stands up to a month or two of a German Shepherd.

What do you mean by "skill ball"? One of my dogs will chase a kicked ball for hours but he will also try to pop anything with an intact bladder if he gets the chance. I'd like something that will hold up to that and still feel right coming off my foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I play in a Wednesday night & Thursday night co-ed futsal teams. We get a couple of games a session scheduled on Fridays, so of course this week both teams play on Friday. It's not horrible but tonight the games are 6:50 and 9:50 and we may be short a sub for each gender for the late game. So I'm expecting minimal tracking back on defense in the 2nd game.

highme
May 25, 2001

Got myself a hell of a half court goal in futsal last week. Was right off the restart, hit the poo poo out of it with my left and beat 2 defenders and the keeper burying it in the side netting.

I need some new indoors and since I don't really play outdoor much anymore I'm going to to pare down that collection a bit. Somehow I have ended up with a pile of nice Nike boots size 12ish, I'll probably post an SA Mart thread at some point, but in the meantime, if you've got big feets and can wear Nike boots hit me up, they'll be cheap.

highme
May 25, 2001

Playing in a 7v7 tournament on Saturday and have 2 futsal matches this week. Instead of playing last week I hosed off to Central Oregon with my wife and drank beer. Here's hoping I'm not puking too much by the end of day on Saturday.

highme
May 25, 2001

Even a 7v7 game has too much sustained running for my futsal playing rear end. Even only (3) 30 minute games crushed my legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I can never find clearance sales on 12s or 13s. I did get a pair of those from the Nike Employee store and love them, but I’m pretty much done with outdoor.