Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Ill tell you something, women dont hold back on challenges. My shinpads still bear a few marks on the front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Out for a full month because of tendonitis on my left knee. This rocks.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Scikar posted:

Owen is that you!?!

I have a Tissot watch and met my gf in middle school

macaque posted:

welp. scored a goal by weirdly contorting my legs because the ball was completely out of position and in the process ripped by ACL and LCL. Oh, there's also a suspected fracture on the same knee. Waiting for Xray/Ultrasound result to see if I need a reconstruction.

How's that for Owenesque.

prepare to grind your meniscus off. I wonder if modern treatment includes replacing your knee padding with rubber or poly substitute just to avoid late onset arthrosis.

Ka0 fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 12, 2009

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I play defensive midfield or left wing. Right-footed, can deflect, head, guard and shoot from middle/long distance. Cannot accelerate for crap (which is how I got injured, I was trying to improve my sprint with plyometric charges) Also I only wear short sleeves and the number 15.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Practice every day dead-ball situation. Practice every day run and shoot from the side.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Left forward with an injured left knee

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

The thought of pissflaps yelling at the border throwing a fit is surprisingly funny

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Im the perfect athletestriker I don't smoke and hardly drink beer. I'm just unfortunately prone to injuries.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

euroboy posted:

I'm 2 meters tall and kinda strong (picture Peter Crouch without anorexia), and I'm a pretty decent finisher with both legs so I wanna be in on this. Preferably as striker, though I use to end up as a CB towards the end of games. I'm a terrible header though, but I've got okay pace despite being huge so I like to go out on the right wing also so I can do the one dribble I can actually pull of while running.

I also play dirty as gently caress, use arms a lot and people hate playing against me because I'm a terrible tacker and I just prefer running into them.

Carsten Jancker found.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I still wear a pair of 2001 pumas and dont feel like a dork, gently caress those 300 quid or something adidas tunits. Even if I were a pro Id feel pretty ridiculous.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Is it called Newcastle.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

RedPaddy posted:

I couldn't bring myself to buy a pair of mercurials et al partly because of the expense and partly because unless you are very good you will look a complete wanker

Each time I look at mercurials I remind myself "this is what CRonaldo wears" and then look away, laughing.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

My shoes, well close because I couldn't find a better picture

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Craiglen posted:

Here, anyone got any solid advice for playing full back and/or wing back?

Are you fast? Do you tire easily?

If your answers are yes and no respectively, go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Turf sucks so much if you're a defender.