Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
I play goalkeeper for a bunch of teams here in Tulsa. 1 mens outdoor, 1 coed outdoor, 2 coed indoor, and 1 mens indoor. 5 games a weekend keeps me pretty busy...or it did until Sunday when I blocked a shot and this happened:

Out for 6 weeks with a broken radius and I literally just ordered a poo poo ton of new gear :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Made my start for my college's team today. I play goalie and the other goalie and I trade halves...well at least we did today.

I have a few saves in the first half 0-0 at the break. Second half they're getting lots of low crosses in on him but he's catching everything solid. With about 10 minutes left he has the ball and goes to throw it to a defender near the touchline. Right when he goes to throw it he hesitates and tries to stop his throw. it goes about 5 yards in front of him and there were forwards coming in. he toe pokes it clear to the middle of the field where an opponent launches a shot from 40 yards out. Sails right over his head :(

I felt pretty bad for him since he's his biggest critic and took the mistake pretty hard. Thankfully he couldn't hear our teammates comments after that went in

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

Rhg0061r posted:

Aww :( being a keeper sucks for the most part, every other position can make mistakes and 90% of the time get away with it, or at least not have it traced back to them. But if you gently caress up as a keeper, the next thing you do is pick the ball out of the net.

If your teammates were giving him poo poo you should really tell them to lay off, that kind of poo poo helps no one, even if it did cost them a draw.

yeah I reminded them they weren't finishing their chances either. Plus, their player had a pretty open shot since no one even closed on him. Oh well! Win some, lose some.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Sigh, another home loss today. I played keeper the first half, held them then we switched goalies again. A terrible terrible referee today though. Gave our guy a straight red for kicking a ball on the ground near a players face. A goal from them with about 16 minutes left went right over the keeps head and he didn't get his hands behind it. Never seen anything like that happen since in practice he has really reliable hands. We leveled it up a few minutes later though as we were attacking most of the half. With about 5 minutes left he gifts them a drat PK. It's really frustrating to get subbed out and see the other keep get scored on like he did but I was proud of the rest of the guys for stepping up when we had 10 men and almost leveling twice.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
In Tulsa you could have 15 on your roster which would make it about $30-40 a person depending. Most of the time you'd end up with 10 people signing up and paying then about 6 showing up per game.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Oh man I got my Nike T90 Confidence gloves in today and they are amazing. I love the feel of them already. Having used just poo poo training gloves for so long(no money) I finally have some legit gloves I want to make sweet love to

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

Scikar posted:

I give them 3 matches.

I trained for about 2 hours tonight and was pretty rough with them. Not a scratch so far(plus I ordered a 3 for 2 deal so I'm set for a while)

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Today my university's mens club soccer team gets to scrimmage the official girls team. I am president of the club and play goalie for them so that should be pretty fun. Last semester I had class during the scrimmages but apparently they make us play with 7-8 people and still lose pretty handily

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Really pumped about this fall season. I'm in charge of the mens club team for my university(no public universities here have official mens teams due to Title IX) Tryouts are Monday and Tuesday but we are returning 16 people including 9 starters.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone have a recommendation on a bag? Mine was stolen recently(along with my goalie gloves and cleats) needs to be big enough to hold a couple of uniforms, shoes, socks, gloves. Doesn't have to have a ball holder

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Our club team at my university used these for practice all season

http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Ne=646&N=4294960224+368+4294959028&Product_Id=586168

They were fantastic except for a little air loss.

We used these as game balls

http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Ne=646&N=4294960224+368+4294959028&Product_Id=586167

I'm really happy with the nike balls, recommend either one of these

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
http://www.just-keepers.com/476711464.html

oh my god, I want these(just in different colors)

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
loving lovely

First practice of the season for my Universities club team and I sprain my ankle 30 minutes in. Had to get xrays which thankfully came back negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
gently caress I really want the latest T90 Laser IV but Nike is having an announcement on the 19th. Season is just starting now and my CTR360's could use a rest