Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

smashed reagan posted:

I play goalie for a pretty bad team in an adult league in LA. Last weekend i broke my thumb on a save somehow, and got a penalty kick called on me for it.

Which league?

I played for a couple of good teams in the Torrance/PV area of Los Angeles. American fans would know Robbie Rogers(who's on our Gold Cup squad). I played with him for 2 years along with about 6 other US youth internationals. I made it to the Olympic Development, but got injured a week later. Then poo poo just passed me by.

I primarily played and outside back in a 3-5-2 system, so I never roamed the wings. I was bigger than most kids in that I was 6'0 and 220 and fast. I couldn't head a ball for poo poo though. Still can't. I was also liberally employed as the 2nd string goalkeeper. Wasn't too bad at it either. My only real claim to fame was that the only goal that I was responsible for in 3 years was an own goal that lost us the league.

edit: I also had the most cards for dissent in our league for 3 years running. I've no cards issued to me ever for foul play and I've never been sent off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Tigren posted:

Know of anything in the San Fernando Valley? I'm moving back home from college and would love to have a steady game every week. I play pickup games in Santa Cruz every Sunday, but the city is small and full of white hippies. I'm afraid that moving back to LA will result in no soccer or soccer with skilled players.

I don't know of much in the Valley, but i ref for a men's league in the South Bay that has 2 open divisions which are pretty competitive. There are a lot of ex-college and a couple MLSers in there.