Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Me and some mates play a friendly 7-a-side game every monday against a bunch of lads we know. My crowning achievment was scoring 9 goals in 7's one week. And the games are usually only scores like 5-4 or 5-5. Just one of those weeks where everything you hit goes in.

And every thursday our 7's team plus a few more mates play 5-a-side, mixing the teams every week. I play as a striker most of the time. I'm slow but well build so I just try to hold off defenders and strike it as hard as I can.

I just got back from that, the game ended after an hour or so when I was hit in the bollocks from 5 yards after I foolishly jumped up to block a screamer. Apparently it hit me while i was in mid air and I just landed flat on my side. I lay on the ground trying not to puke for ten minutes then we went home. They're very tender atm :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Played 7-a-side last night on the nicest surface I've ever played on. We usually play on Astroturf, but we were playing on Astro-grass and it was lovely. It was just like playing on perfectly cut real grass.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Yeah it was the stuff with all the wee black rubber bits in it. Much better than hard astro turf.

And there are no good real grass pitches in my area, so it's the best we have :(

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Sounds too much like Milwall

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I'm half Scottish and half English. Does that mean I could just watch until I know which team's better and join them?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Grievo posted:

Your forums name is Irn--Bru. If you join the English William Wallace will probably kill you in your sleep.

Good point, I forgot about Willys Ghost.

hehe.. willy

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Hey fuckers I've been working all night and missed this and I want to be on the team :mad:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

PLayed 5's tonight, scored a goal and bossed our backline. Nae oval office got past me like ken.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

hope this snow and stuff fucks off soon, it's nearly time for 7 a side again. Which I much prefer over 5's

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

hughsieblingwish posted:

Lobbed the keeper in 5 a side on Sunday. It was pretty sweet.

Pity we lost the game.

my crowning moment at 5's is last year when i scored while it was my turn in goals. i just saw the keeper not paying attention and lobbed it from the other end of the pitch.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Uncle Jam posted:

Do you guys have food you eat/don't eat on the day of a game? For example I have hydration issues if i drink coffee at some point in the day.

I normally play 5's about 7 or 8pm. I usually have my lunch late, about 2 or 3pm and nothing too heavy. Then I just have my dinner later after I've played.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

God am I glad I had to work tonight and couldn't play 7's. My mate was telling me some dude on the other team broke his leg. He heard the snap and thought it was the shin pad breaking but then saw the guys reaction and his dangly floppy leg. Ughhhhh.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

thats a total dick move and nobody likes playing with someone who takes it that seriously when it's in a "fun" league.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

everyone gets pissed of at cheating but honestly man its just not worth it. one hard tackle can ruin someones legs and stop them from being able to play regularly again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Dear Sergio posted:

someone trying to take a penalty in a pickup game is loving hilarious though.

yeah this. in normal 7 a side or whatever without refs we never do freekicks or penalties. maybe once every few weeks there'll be a free kick for a really obvious foul where everyone on the pitch just instantly agrees.