Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Spent most of my youth football career defending. I'd like to think I was pretty good at it too, that and I'm responsible for injuries that still continue to bother people a decade on.

Got bored when the the school system left me with cunts who all wanted the glory and would gravitate forward, leaving me and just the keeper in any sort of position to stop the other team should they get possession.

When this lack of cohesion would naturally lead to the other team scoring goals me and the keeper would be berated for letting it happen, combined with never getting any praise when we did stop it led to us both quitting. I think they lost every game after that.

I lost the appeal of playing formally after that mess, local youth squads and my university team were all unappealing for a variety of reasons.

Though me and some friends are considering entering a 5 aside, it will probably be very messy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU