Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Have you ever lost your bike key?* Ever left your key in the ignition in the parking lot and need a fuckoff-big reminder so your poo poo doesn't get jacked?* Just want some flair so you can be a :c00lbert: motorcycle rider? Do you also have the persistent, irresistible impulse to perform idiocy on your ~SuiCycle~, and need a constant reminder that you are a fragile, delicate human being full of hard objects that turn into sharp hard objects when they break?*

*I have definitely not had any of these things happen to me, nope

Then you should definitely buy a "SELF CONTROL" keytag! Preferably mine. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure I'm the only one selling them, so you're stuck with this moron.

https://motoloot.com/pages/faq posted:

A: Ever seen a bike with scratches all around the key hole? How many times have you put your gloves on, only to realize your key is in your pocket?
Moto Key Tags are the solution to these problems! Our key tags are made from a 1.18" x 5.11" (3x13cm) piece of durable fabric, embroidered with designs that riders like you will love. This fabric won't scratch up your bike and will give you something to grab onto when fishing in your pocket for your key.

Beach Bum posted:

I want to take a page out of Adiabatic's Book of the Gorester and get one that says "SELF CONTROL".
Coydog asked where SELF CONTROL" came from, so I can only direct you to this thread and the Saga of the Gorester.

While it can be somewhat credibly alleged that I have a serious issue when it comes to the hoarding and hooning of motor vehicles in various states of repair, I only have use for at most ten of these things. However, all the manufacturers and sellers I found have pesky conditions like a minimum order. I needed to buy 50 to get some, so I'm selling the rest to whoever wants 'em. Since the keytags I'm ordering haven't been made yet, I'm grabbing a couple pictures of the keytags MotoLoot.com is currently selling for examples.

I imagine that my keytags will be muchly the same, except they will resemble the above proofs to remind you that you need to stop doing wheelies while filtering or some other such madness.

UPDATE: Chris at MotoLoot.com has sent me a basic proof. As I said, very basic, true to the inspiration.
(click for big)

Let me know if anyone has an issue with the design or wants to cancel their order. Nothing is set in stone yet so if there's suggestions I'll at least read them :)

Edit: My graphics guy did a quick photoshop

(NOT ACTUAL PRODUCT)

Beach Bum posted:

Aight I talked to Chris at MotoLoot.com and it's a minimum order of 50 @ $3.75USD. I'm perfectly willing to sell 'em off to any CA folks at cost+shipping (probably just a stamp on an envelope, so $4.25 each). I'm gonna talk to my graphic design buddy today and get a draft to Chris, but the rough idea is a simple black tag with white text. Anyone else want one?

At this point, I have no idea what the manufacture time is gonna be, I have not yet even determined any additional design parameters and format Chris will need so that I can get that to my graphic design guy, who I am meeting for dinner tonight. I will update in here as this progresses.
As seen above I have gotten a basic proof from Chris. I'm just gonna wait a couple days to make sure everyone who has asked for one is pleased with the design.

PRICING: Tentatively $5.00, shipped Continental USA via first-class letter mail. Additional shipping applies if you're elsewhere (sorry).
The vast majority of you are probably going to want to use Paypal. As such, I'm going to have to raise the price a bit more from what I previously said to cover the Paypal fees. Also, instead of creeping the price up bit by bit as we go along and I find more costs needing to be soaked, I'm just gonna call it $5.00 (Breakdown: $3.75/pc cost, $0.47 postage [I'm HOPING these things weigh less than an ounce so I can just drop 'em in a first-class envelope], $0.45 Paypal fee, leaves $0.33 for beer money). Even if I sell every one of these (50) at the so-called $0.33 profit I'd only make $16.50 so try not to feel too bad about making your minor contribution towards buying a goon a nice steak at the grocery store. If you buy multiples I'll see if I can stuff more in an envelope, but USPS is pretty sticky about their weight restrictions and you might end up get a Harry Potter-esque deluge of envelopes in your mailbox, minus the owls.

So yeah needed to move this discussion from the biek pics thread. Just post here if you want one I guess.

Current orders: 0 remaining, I can't believe I actually sold all these! Thank you to the folks below :toot:
PaintVagrant nobly set a precedent for overpaying, so if you're willing to pay more than $5.00 feel free to say so in your post.

The following posters called dibs before I did my pricing research, so they get their tags shipped at $4.25 and I pay the stupid tax for not doing said research.
-YF19pilot (1 @ $4.25) [SHIPPED]
-HandlingByJebus (1 @ $4.25)
-cursedshitbox (1 @ $4.25) [SHIPPED]
-Zipperelli. (1 @ $4.25) [RECEIVED]

-Coydog (2 @ $15.00) [RECEIVED]
-Revvik (1 @ $10.00)
-PaintVagrant (1 @ $10.00)
-HenryJLittlefinger (1 @ $5.00) [SHIPPED]
-makka-setan (1 @ $10.00 [SWE])
-pun pundit (1 @ $10.00) [SHIPPED]
-Z3n (4 @ $40.00) [RECEIVED]
-GriszledMelkaba (2 @ $10.00) [RECEIVED]
-Barnsy (1 @ $10.00 [AU])
-XYLOPAGUS (1 @ $10.00) [RECEIVED]
-Springfield Fatts (1 @ $10.00)
-The Royal Nonesuch (2 @ $15.00) [RECEIVED]
-dema (1 @ $5.00)
-Adiabatic (1 @ $free cause Gorester Licensing :v:) [SHIPPED]
-Tyro (1 @ $5.00)
-Verge (1 @ $10.00)
-NitroSpazzz (1 @ $10.00) [SHIPPED]
-Shimrod (1 @ $7.00 [AU])
-ilkhan (2 @ $12.00)
-McStephenson (1 @ $7.50)
-Label Facing Right (1 @ $10.00)
-ChewedFood (4 @ $30.00)
-Eaterofpoptarts (3 @ $15.00)
-Ancient TV (1 @ $10.00) [RECEIVED]

UPDATE: As seen in the two following quotes I have finally got off my lazy rear end and started packaging and shipping these drat things to clear some crap off my kitchen table. I will do my best to keep this post updated in:re: payment/shipping status.

Contact Information
beachbum.sb@gmail.com

:frogsiren:Payment information:frogsiren:
https://www.paypal.me/beachbumsb
https://www.venmo.com/beachbumsb
Google Wallet: beachbum.sb@gmail.com

Beach Bum posted:

They're right here, just staring at me.

Been working 7/week 10+/day for a month now, but

:toxx:Next day off, I promise I will set up my Venmo and everyone on the list can email me at beachbum.sb@gmail.com with their username and shipping details and I will package and ship these drat things, every stamp licked by yours truly:toxx:

Put "keytagSA" somewhere in your email so I can sort this out easily since that's my rando i-don't-care-what-goes-here email.

Edit goddammit that's not the right loving email it's .sb

Beach Bum posted:

Update: I have wrangled a day off this Tuesday :unsmigghh: Everyone who has emailed me their shipping details to the address above will get their keytags packaged on Tuesday, and I will drop them in the mail when payment request is fulfilled. I finally bit the bullet and set up a Paypal account since that what everyone seems to use. I also have Venmo and Google Wallet if you too, like me, hate Paypal (yes I know Paypal owns Venmo as of 2013 :argh:)

Since this is just postage-stamp shipping you don't get anything fancy like tracking numbers. If you don't get your tags you get a refund. Please be nice and don't ask for a refund if you get your keytags :unsmith:

I'm going through my email now responding to folks.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

PaintVagrant posted:

Ill take one too, but you should charge a few more bucks each to make sure you are covered if people back out or if shipping costs are higher. Or just to make a bit more beer money. Id pay 10 bux shipped. If you dont charge me 10 dollars, Ill just send you 10 anyways so deal with it

:shobon:

Yeah but I'd feel hella dickish messing around with the on people when I've already quoted a lower price.

If you want to pay more, feel free to say so and I'll mark it down. All my costs are right there in the open. The one downside of going First Class is going to be no tracking, but the minimum entry for tracking is $6.45 from USPS and fuuuck that, I'll just send you another one or refund your money (or you can pay extra for tracking).

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 16, 2016

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Coydog posted:

I'm going to be sending 2.50 each, now, since PaintVagrant is going all bourgeoisie. Seriously, though, maybe add a little bit extra for your own work. I'll follow his lead and toss you an extra five on top of my order.

My own work is going to be limited to applying stamps to envelopes stolen requisitioned from the office supply closet and hoping they get to where they're going. Chris is selling his for $8.99 so I mean, eh. This is just an idle thought of mine that's spun wildly out of control :v:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

makka-setan posted:

I'm an adult. I have disposable income. I'm in for a keytag.

I'm across the pond so there will be international shipping. Would :10bux: cover it?

USPS says $2.13 for First-Class mail to Sweden, so call it $7.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Sep 16, 2016

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
UPDATE: I've gotten a basic proof. As I said, design is very basic, true to the inspiration.
(click for big)

Let me know if anyone has an issue with the design or wants to cancel their order. Nothing is set in stone yet so if there's suggestions I'll at least read them :)

Edit: My graphics guy did a quick photoshop

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 18, 2016

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Coydog posted:

Beach Bum- What is the general time frame on these? Where can we send our shipping addresses and monies? I need it to help me keep my front wheel on the ground.

50 of these babies are on their way to me. I am working through the rest of the orders I have neglected in the past week or so due to doing other things. Sorry for disappearing!

Paypal info will be up when I actually have product in hand alongside a stack of envelopes.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Oct 2, 2016

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
And I think that just about closes things out.

Still waiting on the tags to get to my house, then I will let everyone know about payment and start shipping.

Thank you all, I guess I was dead wrong about being able to sell all of these. I thought I'd be hawking them to the local Facebook group at cost to get rid of them.

AncientTV posted:

Also in for one for :10bux:

Are you still in Tally? I can meet you locally for a dollar off :)

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 4, 2016

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Zipperelli. posted:

If I wasn't lazy as poo poo I'd drive to Tally (I'm in Gainesville) for local pickup, but meh.

I'm going to Orlando soon to pick up a CRX, I'll PM you when I get my plans settled

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

What's the status on these? I'm about to leave the country for a week and not have access to internets but don't want to leave you hanging. I'm still in for one whenever I need to paypal.

I was misinformed about production; Chris is just finishing up manufacturing, and will be shipping soon.

You're not leaving me hanging, if I couldn't have absorbed the cost of the full run, I wouldn't have bought the run. Selling the 40-odd tags I can't possibly put to use is just a cost-reduction perk and a bit of a feel-good thing providing a nifty custom item. If you're on the list, you're entitled to however many you've "pre-ordered" on your schedule.

I'm more concerned about leaving hanging that big, intimidating list of people up there that want a keytag because I can occasionally be an exceptionally lazy bastard :v:

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Oct 11, 2016

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Zipperelli. posted:

What ever happened to the "Self Control" keychains?

They've been sitting on my kitchen table for a month because I'm an enormous poo poo head.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Here's the post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3119867&pagenumber=65&perpage=40#post464328677

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

AncientTV posted:

Only a few months late, do you still have any available? I know I called dibs on one at one point but we never arranged a meetup (I'm in Tally)

The whole drat shipment is sitting on my dining room table next to a stack of envelopes labeled with quantities and usernames. I've just not got around to it because I am the worst.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

PaintVagrant posted:

You know what would look nice in your living room?

gently caress a couch, a Honda really brings the room together

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

BlackMK4 posted:

$3k to a goon. I bought a goddamn s2000 on penskes. I need to feed it tires and more of my soul

I mean if you're going to replace a motorcycle track toy with something on four wheels that's a pretty good place to go.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I'm still here, the tags are still on the kitchen table in a box, nobody has given me any money (because I haven't accepted or asked for any), and I could blame any of a dozen things for not having just cleared it off my list of poo poo to do but really I'm just a schmuck. :smith:

builds character posted:

lol if you think they're actually coming.

~eventually~

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 11, 2017

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

:toxx:Next day off, I promise I will set up my Venmo and everyone on the list can email me at beachbum.sb@gmail.com with their username and shipping details and I will package and ship these drat things, every stamp licked by yours truly:toxx:

Put "keytagSA" somewhere in your email so I can sort this out easily since that's my rando i-don't-care-what-goes-here email.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 11, 2017

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Revvik posted:

If you're working that much I'd honestly be happier if you went to a beach or something on your next day off

What, like some sort of bum?! Nay, y'all have waited long enough. I'll definitely use the money to take a nice bottle of whiskey down to the coast though.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Chichevache posted:

If this man uses self-adhesive stamps he must be banned. I'm going to order one of these tags purely to check for saliva residue. If it is a negative test, which I highly suspect, I will personally PM our heavy-handed cager mod to bring down the red hammer of doom on Beachbum. The ban reason will be "SMIDSY". :toxx:

"Saliva me I didn't Saliva You?"

I'm actually kinda hosed right now because I found out on the way home today that my backwoods-country Publix finally switched over to sticky stamps instead of licky stamps :ohdear:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

builds character posted:

Lick the front.

I was just thinking that :v: Oh well it's part of the :toxx: now, this has gotten entertaining

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Beach Bum posted:

Update: I have wrangled a day off this Tuesday :unsmigghh: Everyone who has emailed me their shipping details to the address above will get their keytags packaged on Tuesday, and I will drop them in the mail when payment request is fulfilled. I finally bit the bullet and set up a Paypal account since that what everyone seems to use. I also have Venmo and Google Wallet if you too, like me, hate Paypal (yes I know Paypal owns Venmo as of 2013 :argh:)

Since this is just postage-stamp shipping you don't get anything fancy like tracking numbers. If you don't get your tags you get a refund. Please be nice and don't ask for a refund if you get your keytags :unsmith:

I'm going through my email now responding to folks.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Payment information
https://www.paypal.me/beachbumsb
https://www.venmo.com/beachbumsb
Google Wallet: beachbum.sb@gmail.com

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Beach Bum posted:

I am heading to the post office with keytags for the following folks: Coydog, cursedshitbox, GiszledMelkaba, NitroSpazzz, The Royal Nonesuch, XYLOPAGUS, Z3n, and Zipperelli.. pun pundit's goes out tomorrow because I am NOT going to the office on my day off, and I want to print their envelope instead of hand-writing it like I did for the rest of you mooks.

If you have sent me payment and you are not on this list send me an email and I will send yours out tomorrow as well.

Does this lift the toxx? :ohdear:

Also:

builds character posted:

lol if you think they're actually coming.

Sagebrush posted:

lol you thought a goon project would ever succeed
:boom:

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 2, 2017

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
AncientTV just got his tag :toot: hooray for hometown goonbros

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

GriszledMelkaba posted:

Thanks mine's broken though

:five: :rock:

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 10, 2017

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Beach Bum posted:

pun pundit's goes out tomorrow ~eventually~ TODAY because I am NOT going to the office on my day off, and I want to print their envelope instead of hand-writing it like I did for the rest of you mooks.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Just emailed you and paypalled you. I put in a couple extra bucks since I'm kind of late on the reply.

Both of your tags just shipped today. pun pundit, please let me know if your tag doesn't arrive and I'll send out one of the spares I've kept around. Shouldn't be more than a couple weeks.

As for those asking about tags, unfortunately if you're not on the list the rest of the tags have to come out of my personal stash I kept for inevitable losses (since I am an idiot who loses keys far too often). I'll figure something out for pre-orders expiring if there are folks who don't want them anymore.

If you have paid me money and not got tags, let me know.

Those of you who did get tags; were the envelopes still intact? When I went to the post office to ensure my international tag would get to the recipient, they had some concerns about machine sorting destroying the envelopes (what with the keyring), but if they're holding up fine I'm not worried about it. If the envelopes were mangled in any way I'm going to start separating the tag from the ring and tape the ring to some cardstock to simulate "flat mail".

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 15, 2017

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Are there any self control tags left or are they all spoken for?

I just finished adding interested parties to a waitlist at the end of my spreadsheet. Currently, the order is as follows:

DEUCE SLUICE fulfilled
El Jebus
Brigdh
kloa
Pooper Trooper
Chichevache
spouse
Fishvilla
Buhbuhj
nsaP
Jim Silly-Balls

Umbrellish had one of ilkhan's pre-orders moved to him, although ilkhan has maybe given up on me (I sent him a PM to confirm). EDIT: ilkhan has let his other tag go as well so next on the list is DEUCE SLUICE.

When I get done PM'ing everyone on the list who hasn't yet responded to confirm their order, I'll post up as tags become available.

Alternately I could order another 50 :suicide: lol nope

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 16, 2017

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

pun pundit posted:

Keytag arrived in Norway today, two tiny holes in the envelope, no damage to tag or plastic wrapping of tag. Thanks, Beach Bum!

Holy poo poo, I've gone international :haw: I was worried about yours. So glad to hear it made it!

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Two more keytag orders out today (YF19, Adiabatic) :toot:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
If I could drop another 15 pounds I'd fit in 'em :argh:

Edit: Do they have pockets for kneepads? Edit2: Doesn't look like it.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 23, 2017

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I'll take 'em. Edit: aaand money sent.

tngffl posted:

Heya All. Selling my Scorpion Covert Pro riding jeans. These are literally brand new and have never been worn. They are $160 new. Say $110 shipped CONUS?

I am getting out of riding and will have some more stuff up shortly (all of which is basically brand new).

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpion-covert-pro-jeans

They are size 36

PAYPAL: TNGFFL@GMAIL.COM

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 20, 2017

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Dammit you jerk stop giving me deals :argh:. I'll buy the bag too. Sent.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
My stuff got here today, jeebus that was fast! Thanks again tngffl!

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

Still got these, FYI

I might be able to sell these to my riderbuddy, I'll forward this post to him.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
If you weren't in the opposite corner of the country I would either buy that and sell my buddy my 02 or get him to buy it. Alas, we are in Florida :(

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I'll take the boots. Let me know your PayPal and shipping cost, and I'll have your money.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

hit the bricks pal! posted:

Sent you a pm the other day. Can ship them as soon as you get back to me.

Shipment received! A little bit of mink oil and they softened right up. Pleasure doing business.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I want it, but I already have this hack job former-track-rat SV650S I fabricobbled handlebars onto :(

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

Hawk GTs are intermediate bikes, not beginner ones. And don't hack them up into track bikes please. They are lovely machines just as is, and especially great with upgraded suspension. Perfectly balanced. Tons of ahead-of-its-time features like the aluminum perimeter frame and the single-sided swingarm. I think Honda should dust off the old shop drawings, make the following changes

- fuel injection
- anti-lock brakes
- cartridge fork
- 10mm wider wheels
- all LED lighting
- my cool vaporwave dashboard v2.0

while keeping everything else exactly the same and put it right back on the market and they'd sell the crap out of them. Perfect bike.

The Supertrapp exhaust does indeed sound fantastic and I love that yours is ejecting the core at an angle just like mine does. Gotta whack it back in with a mallet every few thousand miles.

$1600 is a great deal and I would buy it to add to my collection if I weren't on the opposite side of the country.

You are NOT helping. :mad:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Arson Daily posted:

Sedici gauntlet gloves. Pretty cheap that I bought for a track day and then wore 6 more times. Size XL. $20.

Yes please. Where to send money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Got the gauntlets. They fit perfectly! Thanks again!